Chit Chat

Wedding band engraving, custom

hi again everyone, posting another question here. 

I want to engrave the interior portion of my fiancées wedding band, I know excatly what I want to say and it runs between 36-45 characters long (including spaces). The jeweller the ring is from can only do 27. 
Ive tried editing the phrase down and the point is not conveyed properly. 
Does anyong have a recommendation or service they used to create their vision? 
Any thoughts? 

Thank you!!!! ☺️

Re: Wedding band engraving, custom

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016
    hi again everyone, posting another question here. 

I want to engrave the interior portion of my fiancées wedding band, I know excatly what I want to say and it runs between 36-45 characters long (including spaces). The jeweller the ring is from can only do 27. 
    Any thoughts? 

Thank you!!!! ☺️
    Try another jeweler or a different phrase? Rings are only so big and can only fit so many characters, so either see if another jeweler can do more, or use that phrase in your vows or ceremony and choose something shorter for in inscription. 

Sadly this isnt isn't exactly something you can negotiate with a jeweler, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. 
    This. If you do find a jeweler who's willing to try it, you likely won't be happy with the result anyway - the text/font will likely be so condensed that it's almost unreadable. Pick something else, don't have it engraved, your marriage will still be valid, I promise ;)
  • What is the phrase?  Maybe the ladies and gents here can help condense it.

• edited December 2016
  • hi again everyone, posting another question here. 

Any thoughts? 

Thank you!!!! ☺️
    Try another jeweler or a different phrase? Rings are only so big and can only fit so many characters, so either see if another jeweler can do more, or use that phrase in your vows or ceremony and choose something shorter for in inscription. 

Sadly this isnt isn't exactly something you can negotiate with a jeweler, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. 
    This. If you do find a jeweler who's willing to try it, you likely won't be happy with the result anyway - the text/font will likely be so condensed that it's almost unreadable. Pick something else, don't have it engraved, your marriage will still be valid, I promise ;)

Thanks for the thoughts - I am looking for a custom order in that sense. 
    I see two lines of engraving is possible and understand a that they might not be able to do it in-house. However, I would still like to explore the options before walking away from the idea. 

• kaos16 said:

What is the phrase?  Maybe the ladies and gents here can help condense it.

my first kiss, my first love, my forever love.

that is the phrase without edits - so I have worked out various ways to shorten it and it does sort of lose some meaning that would be between us.
  • "My first and forever love" would fit.
  • "first kiss and forever love" also fits at 27 characters...I agree that if you want the full phrase maybe putting it on something else would work better. If he wears watches that is a great idea...if not you can get a picture frame engraved to say that and frame your wedding photo.  Then use the phrase in your vows, or somewhere else meaningful.
  • "first kiss and forever love" also fits at 27 characters...I agree that if you want the full phrase maybe putting it on something else would work better. If he wears watches that is a great idea...if not you can get a picture frame engraved to say that and frame your wedding photo.  Then use the phrase in your vows, or somewhere else meaningful.
    ^^This right here. This is a great idea. 
    ^^This right here. This is a great idea. 
    I like the picture idea better tbh