Chit Chat

Hello!!! And a wedding vent .... Another update

2»

Re: Hello!!! And a wedding vent .... Another update

• banana468 said:
    Houston traffic won't be an issue right?
    never .........
  • Oh - one other question.   If your DH works a full day and has to drive from Galvaston to that location, it's a start time of about 10 right?? 
  • Oh! Not to be creepy but Holyguac you and I live rather close! And yes of course traffic will be no big deal. 

• @justsie , check your messages .... I'm intrigued!! 
  • edited December 2016
    We exchanged Christmas presents with my ILs tonight.   SIL was telling me more scoop.  Apparently the bride's parents live in Atlanta and her dad recently lost his job.  So, her parents aren't coming to the wedding.  

My SIL has really been helping A LOT.  The bride asked SIL to host her bridal shower at SIL's house.  The bride took it upon herself to send invites via Facebook and was annoyed when SIL asked for mailing addresses to send out physical invitations.  SIL also got the bride and a few of her friends and suite at the Four Seasons hotel in downtown Houston for a bachelorette party.  Bride complained because she didn't know the area too well and didn't know what all was fun to do there. 

Good grief.   
  • Your SIL is a saint, and this wedding sounds like a total cluster.
  • We exchanged Christmas presents with my ILs tonight.   SIL was telling me more scoop.  Apparently the bride's parents live in Atlanta and her dad recently lost his job.  So, her parents aren't coming to the wedding.  

My SIL has really been helping A LOT.  The bride asked SIL to host her bridal shower at SIL's house.  The bride took it upon herself to send invites via Facebook and was annoyed when SIL asked for mailing addresses to send out physical invitations.  SIL also got the bride and a few of her friends and suite at the Four Seasons hotel in downtown Houston for a bachelorette party.  Bride complained because she didn't know the area too well and didn't know what all was fun to do there. 

Good grief.   

I agree this wedding sounds like a cluster, but what a bummer for the bride!  I would have been devastated if someone close, like my mom or sister, had not been able to come.  I would have been scrounging up money or using a credit card to pay for their plane tickets.

Then again, unless this wedding was planned last minute, they should have had their tickets months ago.  I'm sure it would be hard to find tickets and whatever is available will be outrageous at this late date, close to Christmas.

The parents can't get in the car and drive?  The bride/groom could chip in travel expenses?  I realize you probably don't know, lol.  But, geez, I'd be thinking outside the box trying to figure out how to get them there if it were my parents.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We exchanged Christmas presents with my ILs tonight.   SIL was telling me more scoop.  Apparently the bride's parents live in Atlanta and her dad recently lost his job.  So, her parents aren't coming to the wedding.  

Good grief.   

I agree this wedding sounds like a cluster, but what a bummer for the bride!  I would have been devastated if someone close, like my mom or sister, had not been able to come.  I would have been scrounging up money or using a credit card to pay for their plane tickets.

Then again, unless this wedding was planned last minute, they should have had their tickets months ago.  I'm sure it would be hard to find tickets and whatever is available will be outrageous at this late date, close to Christmas.

The parents can't get in the car and drive?  The bride/groom could chip in travel expenses?  I realize you probably don't know, lol.  But, geez, I'd be thinking outside the box trying to figure out how to get them there if it were my parents.

H and I have known about this wedding since October, so it's been on the calendar for a bit. 

From what our SIL says, the bride doesn't have a strong family foundation.  I know there's a lot more to this, and I'm very curious. 

If my parents couldn't / wouldn't come to my wedding, I would've insisted on eloping.  I can't imagine not having them there. 
  • This will be me Christmas Eve, eagerly awaiting updates:

• Sorry for the delay.  H went to the wedding solo.  My parents' place was only an hour from where we were in San Antonio, so my mom drove down and got me on Thursday.  She needed a lot of help around the house leading up to Xmas weekend and the family invasion.  H was fine with it and was actually happy to have "introvert time". He had already asked a coworker to cover his shift on Friday, so he got the day to rest, read, and watch sci-fi.

He said the wedding was fine (I'm sure I would've nit-picked).  It was outdoors (at 7 pm?) With an indoor reception.  It started 50 minutes late with no explanation / apology.  It was a dry wedding and many of the men apparently had a lot of smoke breaks at my BIL's truck where there was plenty of beer.  The couple's 18 month old daughter was the flower girl who was rolled down the aisle in a wagon and participated in the sand unity ceremony.  The couple did table visits and my husband appreciated them taking the time to say hi and thank him for coming. 

I got some good time with my mom, helped her clean and wrap presents and she thanked me with a pedicure.  So it's all good!