Chit Chat

Vent Thread

Decided to make a new one since I can't find the old one. 

I have a facebook friend that I only keep on because we admin a group together. She's seriously a conundrum.

She was a staunch Trump supporter to the point that she made shirts for her boys, yet she has numerous gay friends.

She talks about how respectful her boys are, yet the oldest one calls girls hos and will tell girls they need to cover themselves up.

She used to post daily motivational things like "In case no one tells you today, you're beautiful." Lately though, it's been, "I'm not saying she's a slut, but she's had more balls in her mouth than a Hungry, Hungry Hippo." Then, behind the scenes she's telling us admins about all her sexual exploits. 

She talks about how terrible her dad is, yet he keeps them while she goes to school, work, and on dates, and lets her live there rent-free. Just last week she was bitching because he wouldn't buy her a makeup pallet.

She is constantly talking shit about people, but then I see her telling them how wonderful she thinks they are. 

I need to hit that unfollow button, because I'm about to the point where I want to pull the curtain back on her shenanigans and expose her for who she really is.

Re: Vent Thread

• @DrillSergeantCat  your fb friend sounds like a teenager :\
    Although I do have a coworker who is respectful to women and isn't racist but I know he was a Trump supporter ...
  • FWIW I know plenty of respectful people who quietly support Trump. In that long Time article that was just published, I thought a key point- like it or not- is "what offends people is not the same as what affects people." Great read, if you haven't already checked it out. DS your "friend" sounds like a two-faced asshole. Definitely unfollow, no need for that negativity! 

Anywho, my vent is only that I'm super hungry for lunch and yet I'm rationing my snacks to last through the day (it's only 10:39 right now!). My downstairs neighbor woke us up at 5am with raucous sex (but she rarely does that, so I can't be mad). 
    My FB vent is that one of my old friends from high school overposts pictures of her young children. I already unfollowed her, but she shows up on my High School Friends list and dominates it to the point where I barely see what others are up to. (Unfollowing only unfollows from the main feed, not the lists, unfortunately...) I don't want to unfriend her because she's a good person, but if it's not current pictures of her kids multiple times a day, it's timehop photos of her kids from multiple times a day a year or two ago! Geez!

• @MissKittyDanger & @thisismynickname She also doesn't believe that racism still exists. I've explained to her at least once about white privilege. So since she doesn't believe that racism exists, she doesn't believe that it's gotten worse since Trump was elected. I'm just 110% done with her BS

Also, I used to get back at my upstairs neighbors by having sex as loud as I could because they stomped around until midnight then started up again at 4am. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat  yikes ... I think ignorant fb chick needs unfollowing :\
  • @DrillSergeantCat  yikes ... I think ignorant fb chick needs unfollowing :\
    ^^^ So much this.

The subject of my vent today is Amazon. I got my list finalized and checked it today to make sure a shirt for FSD was still in stock. I also had a box of Christmas crackers on the list, and the price jumped $5.00 overnight! WTH?
  • My vent is actually about my husband. He's been in such a bad mood and it's not about me, but since I'm the lucky one who lives with him and sees him often - guess who gets the brunt of it?
    *points to self*

He started getting snarky at the grocery store last night, I stopped and turned around and said something. He looked sheepish and apologized, but still it's like .... ffs watch who you're bitching to bud!
  • My vent is about my husband too. I've said before on the boards that my husband is an aerial survey pilot and spends months on the road away from home. Because he isn't here, I try to take care of as much around the house as I possibly can without bothering him about it. I RARELY ask him to help me with anything while he's out of town. 

Well today, I tried to log into our gas account to pay the bill and got myself locked out because I forgot the password. I called the gas company to unlock the account and they said DH needed to call because apparently I am not listed as an authorized person on the account (no clue how that happened. We both thought I was on there) 

Well DH had a weather day today and was grounded due to snowfall where he's at, so he was stuck hanging out at the hotel and watching tv all day. I called him and asked him to call the gas company and his response was "I will do it, but I won't do it right now". That irritated me so bad. He spends 4-6 months gone at a time and I never ask him to help me, but the one time I do he "can't"  do it right then because he's watching tv??? Nope nope nope. Needless to say, he came to see my side of things very quickly after a little conversation. 

• My H is irritating me right now. His Mom has asked for a firm yes/no about spending Christmas with them. She sent the email to both of us. I asked him and he said that he had already told her he didn't want to travel. I said, fine, I'll just quickly respond to remind her and he said that he didn't actually know what he wanted to do. ARGH. He got very pissy at me when I said that I didn't quite see the difference. I hate when people can't be polite and respond in a timely manner.

Considering my H is very stressed with work, I'll try and focus on all the wonderful qualities that he has!

• My aunt sent me this passive-aggressive email about our wedding, detailing why every single member of her family couldn't attend, and ended with "as for me, well, I just don't know. I hope you'll make an effort to see us while you're home over the holidays!"

I talked to my mom about it over the weekend because it wasn't that I cared that someone might not attend, but it was more like...why do you need to send an email like this to your family? My mom was like "Yep, your dad is sick of her too. Every time they talk she just complains about both of your weddings." (It's my dad's sister, and my sister & I are getting married a few months apart from each other). Some people just need to make every situation about THEM and it's super annoying.
  • Aaaand another vent. My boss just came into my office to tell me something and very obviously looked straight down at my boobs before looking up at my face. OMG.

• Aaaand another vent. My boss just came into my office to tell me something and very obviously looked straight down at my boobs before looking up at my face. OMG.
    OMG!!! Can you call him on it - like if it happens again say to him, "my face is up here" or something???
    OMG!!! Can you call him on it - like if it happens again say to him, "my face is up here" or something???

Oh I most certainly will. I was totally caught off guard but I'm prepared to say something if it happens again. 

Oh I most certainly will. I was totally caught off guard but I'm prepared to say something if it happens again. 
    I'm there with you through the interwebs for moral support if it does.
  • Ugh, I'm sorry TFB!  There's a creeper here at my work and the universal rule is to hold a file folder in front of you when you speak with him.

Soooo, FMIL is BSC as previously discussed.  She's been better lately, but one of the wedding accommodations we offered her was to choose someone to walk and sit with her at the wedding, so she wasn't glaringly alone next to FFIL and his wife.  She asked her uncle, great!  Since then you would think it was his wedding, but I'll skip over all of that since it's been manageable.

Well, Saturday Great Uncle drove to the venue to see where it was.  Okay fine, old people do that.  Well, then he went inside the venue and found the coordinator and asked all sorts of questions:
    • Where is the ceremony
    • What are we serving (outside caterer)
    • Where is parking
    • How much was valet
    • Isn't that a lot for those kids (wtf?!)
    • Why is the valet so far away?
    • Where is the rehearsal dinner from here
    And then he went to the restaurant and did the same.

WTF is wrong with these people?  His moms family has a bad way of infantizing this generation of the family - but seriously I'm closer to 40 than I am 30 - and you really asked my venue coordinator if they were too expensive for me.  I have never even met this guy!  I was fuming and FMIL finds it hilarious.
  • My vent is actually about my husband. He's been in such a bad mood and it's not about me, but since I'm the lucky one who lives with him and sees him often - guess who gets the brunt of it?
    *points to self*

He started getting snarky at the grocery store last night, I stopped and turned around and said something. He looked sheepish and apologized, but still it's like .... ffs watch who you're bitching to bud!

Mmmmmm...I have to admit I'm like your H.  I get easily irritated and will start to rant.  It's not at my H, but he's the one that has to listen to me bitch.  It is one of my faults and I try to control and at least be aware of it.

If I know I'm going to be facing an irritating situation(s), especially if my H will be around also, I will try to prep myself ahead of time and go into a "zen" zone.  Like, "Traffic is going to be a clusterf**k.  I know and must accept it will be a clusterf**k.  Everyone's an a**hole who will either walk or drive in front of my car without looking.  That is okay.  Their rudeness does not matter.  I will be vigilant and get to where I'm going with patience and with calm."

I know it sounds wacky, but it really helps to "accept" I'll be in a frustrating situation and remind myself that this too shall pass, it is NBD in the grand scheme of things, and I just need to suck it up and do what I can.

Speaking of things that irritate me.  Now my rant at Sears.  Long story short.  I was supposed to be getting lots of bonus Sears points for a bunch of Black Friday appliance purchases.  Except only one was showing up in my cart.  So I did a "chat" with two different people at Customer Service.  Which took a ridiculously long time.  Both of them assured me they would show up by Nov. 30th.  They have not.  I KNEW it!!!!!  How do companies get away with these "bait and switch" tactics?  It's disgusting.  So now I have to find time to waste a bunch of it battling with Sears...again.  I swear, this is my final straw with them.  If they don't give me the points I'm due, I'll spend what I have, close my account, and never shop there for the rest of my life.  I am literally that angry.  I won't shop anywhere that tells me I'm paying one price and then pulls the rug out from under me and charges a different one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • me, today:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PoIdfRnQZ4A
    wanting to do that to two of my coworkers right now....but also, valuing a paycheck. 

• That's some bullshit right there @kimmiinthemitten

My vent today is our hot water/H.  H has been off hunting for 5 days, and before that he was home for 4 and gone for 5. When he's been home together the water pressure in our upstairs bathroom has been terrible. Like a slow moving creek instead of a waterfall. I told him about it before he left, he said he'd look at it. Didn't get around to it. It was fine all weekend when it was just me using.

Now he's home, he showers first and it's fine, but I shower second and its terrible again. I tell him and he's all "well it was fine when I showered, what did you do"? Please, I was home alone all weekend and it was just fine. 
    *points to self*

Mmmmmm...I have to admit I'm like your H.  I get easily irritated and will start to rant.  It's not at my H, but he's the one that has to listen to me bitch.  It is one of my faults and I try to control and at least be aware of it.

If I know I'm going to be facing an irritating situation(s), especially if my H will be around also, I will try to prep myself ahead of time and go into a "zen" zone.  Like, "Traffic is going to be a clusterf**k.  I know and must accept it will be a clusterf**k.  Everyone's an a**hole who will either walk or drive in front of my car without looking.  That is okay.  Their rudeness does not matter.  I will be vigilant and get to where I'm going with patience and with calm."

I know it sounds wacky, but it really helps to "accept" I'll be in a frustrating situation and remind myself that this too shall pass, it is NBD in the grand scheme of things, and I just need to suck it up and do what I can.

Speaking of things that irritate me.  Now my rant at Sears.  Long story short.  I was supposed to be getting lots of bonus Sears points for a bunch of Black Friday appliance purchases.  Except only one was showing up in my cart.  So I did a "chat" with two different people at Customer Service.  Which took a ridiculously long time.  Both of them assured me they would show up by Nov. 30th.  They have not.  I KNEW it!!!!!  How do companies get away with these "bait and switch" tactics?  It's disgusting.  So now I have to find time to waste a bunch of it battling with Sears...again.  I swear, this is my final straw with them.  If they don't give me the points I'm due, I'll spend what I have, close my account, and never shop there for the rest of my life.  I am literally that angry.  I won't shop anywhere that tells me I'm paying one price and then pulls the rug out from under me and charges a different one.

I completely get why, it's just so irritating. I've been in times when I've been in full panic mode and just shouted to M {not really "at" him} because I was just upset.

It's just frustrating, and he isn't mean to me so it throws me completely off kilter. It's more than listening to him bitch, it's him being stressed and smallest thing sets him off. He's aware he's doing it when I snap back, but really can't help it. He's trying to stop.
  • Yesterday I finally got my hair to look super cute. Really quick dry, loose curls, very little time. Super proud of myself. 

And I cant recreate it to save my life. 
    That's so annoying! 
  • I am pretty sure I have some hearing loss even if it's just temporary. I strain to hear people talking to me when they're just a few feet away. It's worse when there's background noise. The place I work is nothing but background noise since the shop is just on the other side of the wall. I've told the parts guy at least twice that I can't hear him, yet he continues to sit across my desk and fucking whisper! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!
  • Websites that allow "video ads".  Which, unfortunately, is becoming more and more prevalent.

Now it's on my page for checking my Yahoo Mail.  It delays everything and makes it jerky.  It reminds me of the old modem days.  Except this time, the problem is websites CHOOSING to give their users the sh**tiest, most dysfunctional experience possible.

There are quite a few websites...looking at you realtor.com...that I used to regularly go to.  But finally had to stop because the video ads made the websites mostly un-useable. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Websites that allow "video ads".  Which, unfortunately, is becoming more and more prevalent.

Now it's on my page for checking my Yahoo Mail.  It delays everything and makes it jerky.  It reminds me of the old modem days.  Except this time, the problem is websites CHOOSING to give their users the sh**tiest, most dysfunctional experience possible.

There are quite a few websites...looking at you realtor.com...that I used to regularly go to.  But finally had to stop because the video ads made the websites mostly un-useable. 

Video ads are THE WORST. Especially when you work from home and browse the web during meetings and then those stupid ads let everyone know you're not working.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything, of course. ;) 

Video ads are THE WORST. Especially when you work from home and browse the web during meetings and then those stupid ads let everyone know you're not working.

This is what "AdBlocker" was made for.  You can download their plug-in and it blocks all that annoying shit on most websites.   it works with Chrome, Firefox and IE/Edge.  I am not sure about the others.

One down side is some websites have become wise to this and they will refuse to open at all unless you "whitelist" them and allow the ads to play.  Those are the sites I refuse to use!!!

This is what "AdBlocker" was made for.  You can download their plug-in and it blocks all that annoying shit on most websites.   it works with Chrome, Firefox and IE/Edge.  I am not sure about the others.

One down side is some websites have become wise to this and they will refuse to open at all unless you "whitelist" them and allow the ads to play.  Those are the sites I refuse to use!!!

I can't get AdBlocker to work on my work computer!! (Total first world problem, I know.) FI works in IT and he's looked at it too and we can't figure it out :( 

• This is what "AdBlocker" was made for.  You can download their plug-in and it blocks all that annoying shit on most websites.   it works with Chrome, Firefox and IE/Edge.  I am not sure about the others.

I can't get AdBlocker to work on my work computer!! (Total first world problem, I know.) FI works in IT and he's looked at it too and we can't figure it out :( 
    Oh no, total sadness! Mine works in IT also so he just does that stuff for me.  Hopefully someday you can find a solution
  • My mom hinted to some cousins who were not invited to the wedding that they had been invited. At least she did it before I gave my final numbers to my caterer, so I added a few to our final numbers just in case.

• We can't get our date at the venue we loved. When we first got engaged I explained to FI that things book fast if we want a specific date we need to move quickly.  But no I was crazy cause no way things can get booked for 2018. Now he's a bit bummed and it's taken all my willpower not to say I told you so. 
  • Guess who has sinus congestion again .... *points to self* god damn.
  • I just found out that I have to provide written notice to cancel my fucking car insurance. Because Georgia. So stupid.