Chit Chat

Positive/Good Things Thread!

I saw someone had done this awhile ago and I love the idea!

I'm starting a new one because it's Monday and shit weather where I am .... always good to have something positive to think about :)

Good things:

- our neighbours plow our driveway. {so I am going to be nice and bring over some cookies this weekend}

- i redid my budget because bus passes are going up in January, and was quite pleased with the outcome. By mid-March I should have about $1,200 saved, besides the amount I put aside :)

Re: Positive/Good Things Thread!

• Congratulations!!! @sparklepants41
    Thank you!!!
  • Congrats on the pregnancy and also on the puppy @sparklepants41 :) What part of TN is the pup coming from?

My good thing is that I get to meet my best friend's baby in a couple of weeks! She lives in Connecticut and I haven't seen her since this summer. She had her baby in August. I can't wait to see her and her H and meet their little guy!

Also, I found a Wilton chocolate melter that is usually $29.99 on sale for $14.99 today! Cha-ching!

She's coming from an hour South of Nashville...

That's awesome about your friend's baby visiting and your chocolate score!!

What part of CT do your friends live in? I grew up just West of Hartford. H's sister lives just East. 
  • Congrats on the pregnancy and also on the puppy @sparklepants41 :) What part of TN is the pup coming from?

My good thing is that I get to meet my best friend's baby in a couple of weeks! She lives in Connecticut and I haven't seen her since this summer. She had her baby in August. I can't wait to see her and her H and meet their little guy!

Also, I found a Wilton chocolate melter that is usually $29.99 on sale for $14.99 today! Cha-ching!

What part of CT do your friends live in? I grew up just West of Hartford. H's sister lives just East. 

Oh Nashville is nice! If you guys were going to be out my way I was going to offer restaurant recommendations for your trip to meet the pup. But I'm not familiar enough with that area to be of any help :)

My friend and her H live in Vernon, CT. They seem to really like it up there! I want to take a trip up there some time to visit.

Oh Nashville is nice! If you guys were going to be out my way I was going to offer restaurant recommendations for your trip to meet the pup. But I'm not familiar enough with that area to be of any help :)

My friend and her H live in Vernon, CT. They seem to really like it up there! I want to take a trip up there some time to visit.

LOL - we are so impatient to meet her, I was texting H that we should just hop on a plane and fly down to Nashville today. 

H has cousins in Vernon!! That's a pretty town.

LOL - we are so impatient to meet her, I was texting H that we should just hop on a plane and fly down to Nashville today. 

Small world! :smile: You'll have to post a picture of the puppy when you get her!

Small world! :smile: You'll have to post a picture of the puppy when you get her!
    Oh I definitely will!
  • Congratulations @sparklepants41! That's awesome on both counts!
  • Congratulations @sparklepants41 Such great news!

• My good thing is that I managed not to blow my Dad's cover. He's planning a surprise birthday brunch for my Mom, and I almost screwed it up by saying we were coming down to visit. I managed to save it by saying we were coming in the late afternoon.
  • Way to go making it through @holyguacamole79, the first is the hardest. 

My good old thing is that I got a manuscript back that is R&R, revise and resubmit. Best thing to hope for in my line of work. My first paper without a co-author to move closer to publication!
  • @eileenrob  how exciting! your son must be excited to start!

I've been waking up feeling really good lately. I'm not sure if it's the mind set, but it's a wonderful change from the normal holiday miserable feeling I typically get.

<3
  • Sunday at my Mom's birthday brunch, my brother and FW had a pleasant conversation about theatre and fantasy football.
  • AddieCake said:
    We are close to being done with the process to getting our license for foster care!
    That's awesome!