Wedding Etiquette Forum

Potluck-Style Nacho Bar

2»

Re: Potluck-Style Nacho Bar

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I'm so mad I've never been to a party with a ketchup fountain. 
    Because nothing quite says "luck o the Irish" like a fountain that looks like it's spewing hot blood.  
    Oh god. I didn't even think of this. My first thought was "yes ketchup is delicious!" not "and it also looks like blood." You are 100% right, that would be terrifying.
    It's an image that reminds me of a horror movie.  Granted the red shades are off but really - does anyone want to see a fountain of hot red fluid??    And no fountain keeps the fluid contained.   So then a walk to the fountain looks like......a CSI scene. 

Kinda Carrie-esque

I also want some nachos. With some guacamole and pico de gallo slathered all over. God I'm hungry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Am I the only one who has been craving nachos ever since first reading this post?
    Girl, I am always craving nachos. I go all out when I make them.

• The idea of hot ketchup flowing through a fountain is just really vile to me. And I like ketchup. But no. Just..no. 
  • lnixon8 said:
    Just made nachos, with real cheese. And I didn't have to ask anyone to chip in. 
    Wow. Some of us as adults have to pay for our own nachos, we don't have Mommy and Daddy to foot the bill!
    I appreciate my nachos more because I paid for them myself. 
  • ugghh, mud.. . . . although I now want to invite all my friends over for a nacho party!

• Like a lot of PPs, now I'm fantasizing about nacho bar with a cheese fountain.  A cheese fountain...spectacular...it just doesn't get any better than that for a savory treat.

Would that even work, though?  I feel like cheese wouldn't quite have the glide that chocolate does.

Don't picture ketchup being too smooth out of a fountain either.  I can't even get that stuff out of a bottle without a butter knife, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The idea of hot ketchup flowing through a fountain is just really vile to me. And I like ketchup. But no. Just..no. 
    Right? It would be warm and ALL WRONG!
  • Think about it, you can't put real cheese in a fountain.  You have to use that nasty assed - processed - does this actually have anything found in nature - lab made CHEEZ, not actual cheese, CHEEZ.  Ew.

• AddieCake said:
    Sweet. My first day back after a 4-month hiatus, and it's an obvious troll.
    Hey, @AddieCake!!!  
  • I'm excited for her next post, where she'll discuss the merits of guests baking and decorating her cake for her, "because it will be more special if it's handmade with love by my friends and family."  And someone will need to bring the cake pans, because she probably destroyed hers trying to microwave them (I can't come up with anything as crazy as putting ketchup in a fondue fountain, sorry).  
  • I showed BF this post. His response 

DH said, "this is a party I want to go to, I'll buy the cheese!"
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss: