Wedding Woes

Confessions?

2»

Re: Confessions?

• lnixon8 said:
    I am such a jerk about 90 day fiance. I only like the train wrecks. And that can only mean a fat American and a hot foreigner (Danielle and Mahummad, Jorge and Anfisa, the blonde that pushed her Morocaan fiance when he wouldn't kiss her in public..... I fast forward through everyone else.
    I'm like this with Teen Mom and Marriage Boot Camp: Reality stars.  But i feel with TM OG, all the drama is gone and they've (mostly) all grown up and they don't need to have the show anymore (besides the dr drew reunion one).

I used to like Marriage Boot Camp, but this season I didn't know a single "reality star" so I deleted them out of my queue. 

• lnixon8 said:

I took a vacation day yesterday.  With all intentions of turning that into my "get my home biz off the ground" day.

What actually happened.  Lounged in my PJs, binging on Judge Judy and People's Court episodes on my DVR.  Had a grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup for lunch.  Even my dog didn't get off the couch to follow me and stalk me while I was in the kitchen.  Pretty lazy day for both of us!

I looooove The People's Court!  I'm pretty sure that counts as a confession.  I haven't been able to watch it in years since I don't have television service and it doesn't seem to appear online, but that was always my favorite judge show by far.  And judge shows are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.  I blame my obsession on a longstanding desire to be a lawyer.

My two guilty tv pleasures are court shows and 90-Day Fiance.

And, yes!  The court shows don't appear online.  Or on Hulu or any of that stuff.  At least they didn't the last time I checked.  Everything else I watch, I could either find or live without.  So I basically pay $100/month on cable and DVR services JUST to watch my court shows.  Irritating.

I like the law and find much of it fascinating.  In my younger days, I seriously contemplated going to law school.  And totally would have!...if it hadn't been for, you know...the immense amount of time and money involved, lol.

I am such a jerk about 90 day fiance. I only like the train wrecks. And that can only mean a fat American and a hot foreigner (Danielle and Mahummad, Jorge and Anfisa, the blonde that pushed her Morocaan fiance when he wouldn't kiss her in public..... I fast forward through everyone else.

I like all the stories.  But the train wrecks ARE especially entertaining.  I'm normally not a "yell/talk at the tv" kind of person, but I totally am with 90-Day Fiance.

Me:

"Danielle!  Girl, what are you DOING flying to Miami?  He's just not that into you.  He's never been that into you.  Sorry, move on already."

"Jorge, seriously now?  I'd feel bad for you, but Anifsa has never made any bones about the fact that she is a major gold digger.  You wanted a trophy wife with an outrageous bod, you got one.  Stop complaining.  You knew what this was."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't feel bad for Jorge at all.  She's not playing games and has been more than honest that she only wants money.  He only wants her looks so.....
  • lnixon8 said:

I took a vacation day yesterday.  With all intentions of turning that into my "get my home biz off the ground" day.

What actually happened.  Lounged in my PJs, binging on Judge Judy and People's Court episodes on my DVR.  Had a grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup for lunch.  Even my dog didn't get off the couch to follow me and stalk me while I was in the kitchen.  Pretty lazy day for both of us!

I looooove The People's Court!  I'm pretty sure that counts as a confession.  I haven't been able to watch it in years since I don't have television service and it doesn't seem to appear online, but that was always my favorite judge show by far.  And judge shows are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.  I blame my obsession on a longstanding desire to be a lawyer.

My two guilty tv pleasures are court shows and 90-Day Fiance.

And, yes!  The court shows don't appear online.  Or on Hulu or any of that stuff.  At least they didn't the last time I checked.  Everything else I watch, I could either find or live without.  So I basically pay $100/month on cable and DVR services JUST to watch my court shows.  Irritating.

I like the law and find much of it fascinating.  In my younger days, I seriously contemplated going to law school.  And totally would have!...if it hadn't been for, you know...the immense amount of time and money involved, lol.

I like all the stories.  But the train wrecks ARE especially entertaining.  I'm normally not a "yell/talk at the tv" kind of person, but I totally am with 90-Day Fiance.

Me:

"Danielle!  Girl, what are you DOING flying to Miami?  He's just not that into you.  He's never been that into you.  Sorry, move on already."

"Jorge, seriously now?  I'd feel bad for you, but Anifsa has never made any bones about the fact that she is a major gold digger.  You wanted a trophy wife with an outrageous bod, you got one.  Stop complaining.  You knew what this was."

I am a huge 90 day fiancé fan. My favorite this season was the girl who went to Morocco and did absolutely NO research on the culture whatsoever. It was almost painful to watch, but I just couldn't stop.

• I also love 90 Day Fiance but only for the trainwreck stories.  My most cringeworthy moment this season was when Nicole called Azan on Skype and the convo went something like this:

Nicole:  Do you love me?
    Azan (shifty eyed):  ....you know I do
    Nicole:  But do you REALLY love me?
    Azan (shifts uncomfortably): ....Of course
    Nicole:  How much?
    Azan (trying to force the words out):  ....A lot

• Ro041 said:
    I also love 90 Day Fiance but only for the trainwreck stories.  My most cringeworthy moment this season was when Nicole called Azan on Skype and the convo went something like this:

Nicole:  Do you love me?
    Azan (shifty eyed):  ....you know I do
    Nicole:  But do you REALLY love me?
    Azan (shifts uncomfortably): ....Of course
    Nicole:  How much?
    Azan (trying to force the words out):  ....A lot

I KNOW!!!  It's a conversation you'd hear at a jr. high.  Her neediness is REALLY grating.  Whereas, he's just not an emotional, demonstrative kind of guy.  They're a really bad match, in that respect.  She is pretty young, so hopefully she will grow out of it.  But she needs to do serious work on herself and her confidence level, not to mention get her financial act together for herself and her toddler, before she's talking marriage with anybody.  Much less someone from half a world away.

The other person who was so whiny and way to immature to be getting married was Chantel of Chantel/Pedro.  She was the one who was so pathetic she didn't even tell her parents that he was there on a 90-Day Fiance visa until a few days before they HAD to get married.  She was all crying trying on wedding dresses because her mom wasn't there.  Well, yep.  That's what happens when you can't put your big girl panties on and tell your mom you're getting married.  She can't be there wedding dress shopping when she doesn't know there is a wedding.  Geez!  And all the kerfluffle from her parents about a pre-nup, once they knew.  For this 24-year-old woman with few assets or money, a pre-nup is pretty pointless, either way.

I strongly suspect all of that was staged for the show.  Not to mention, a pre-nup printed off the Internet?  That hadn't even been filed with the appropriate state?  I'm assuming, because it was all supposedly last minute.  It would be toilet paper, anyway. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy - Chantel drove me crazy because once she admitted it to her family, she didn't take full responsibility for the decision she made.  I wanted her once to tell her family, "Do not be mad at Pedro.  He wanted me to tell you and I refused because I was scared."  Instead, she sat back and let them be mad at HIM.  Ugh.

• I look like I just rolled out of bed and came to work. Because I did. I'm so ready for this week to be over.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Just got my first PrimeNow order and I think I may become a convert.  I would LOVE to not have to grocery shop. 

But, grocery shopping is my 'alone time' and a chance to get out of the house.  I'm afraid that I'd be even more hermit-ish if I didn't have a reason to leave the house.  ;) 
  • I have developed a bit of a crush on Negan on TWD.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    I have developed a bit of a crush on Negan on TWD.
    JDM is a beautiful man and so swoon-worthy.  I don't watch TWD, but I *loved* him in Grey's, The Good Wife, and that movie where Hilary Swank's husband dies and she goes on an adventure to Ireland with his love notes (too lazy to google).  I'm sure him playing a bad dude wouldn't change how I feel about him. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    AddieCake said:
    JDM is a beautiful man and so swoon-worthy.  I don't watch TWD, but I *loved* him in Grey's, The Good Wife, and that movie where Hilary Swank's husband dies and she goes on an adventure to Ireland with his love notes (too lazy to google).  I'm sure him playing a bad dude wouldn't change how I feel about him. 
    "P.S I love you"
  • mrsconn23 said:
    AddieCake said:
    "P.S I love you"
    Yes, thank you. 

Random memory of that movie...I watched it in a hotel room with MIL when we were in IL for FIL's mother's funeral.   Aww MIL.  <3 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    AddieCake said:
    "P.S I love you"

At first I read that as you declaring your love for mrsconn...then I saw the quotes and was all like...oh right its a movie!

-  My confession is that I have been purposely "breaking" the occasional Christmas cooking while I bake them so that I have to eat it, because no one wants a broken cookie.

I am quite loveable.  :D LMAO
  • mrsconn23 said:
    AddieCake said:
    "P.S I love you"

At first I read that as you declaring your love for mrsconn...then I saw the quotes and was all like...oh right its a movie!

-  My confession is that I have been purposely "breaking" the occasional Christmas cooking while I bake them so that I have to eat it, because no one wants a broken cookie.

bit of both ;) we all know @mrsconn23  has issues, so we should show her more love lol

and you're doing people a favour by giving them the good cookies! Proof no poison :)

I agree.  Very conscientious of you, @cowgirl8238.

Plus, isn't there something where calories don't count for broken food items?  I'm sure that's true, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    AddieCake said:
    "P.S I love you"

bit of both ;) we all know @mrsconn23  has issues, so we should show her more love lol

and you're doing people a favour by giving them the good cookies! Proof no poison :)

Plus, isn't there something where calories don't count for broken food items?  I'm sure that's true, lol.

it's like eating in front of an open fridge. Doesn't count.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    AddieCake said:
    "P.S I love you"

Don't encourage me LOL!!

My DH is probably worse than I am with the Christmas Cookies...he likes to test the batter, the straight off the pan cookies, and the "these have cooled for an hour and are the final product" cookies...

• At first I read that as you declaring your love for mrsconn...then I saw the quotes and was all like...oh right its a movie!

Don't encourage me LOL!!

My DH is probably worse than I am with the Christmas Cookies...he likes to test the batter, the straight off the pan cookies, and the "these have cooled for an hour and are the final product" cookies...

I burnt my tongue recently from doing this.
  • I have a confession...I like to eat junk food and watch My 600 Pound Life.

• Ro041 said:
    I have a confession...I like to eat junk food and watch My 600 Pound Life.
    wait - there's other ways of doing it?

• We don't have anyone in our I.T department here (it's a branch office) but someone flew in from the department to work on some stuff in our office.

I've been surfing the internet all day.

• i think Anfisa is a total butterface - she has a nice body, but i don't find her face remotely attractive. 

i watch 90 day fiance for the trainwrecks. 
  • I also love 90 day fiancé, and yes mainly for the train wrecks.  

• *Barbie* said:
    i think Anfisa is a total butterface - she has a nice body, but i don't find her face remotely attractive. 

i watch 90 day fiance for the trainwrecks. 

I didn't want to be mean and say that but, yeah, I agree.  I was even wondering if it was just me and asked my H if he thought she was pretty.  He was non-committal and said she was okay looking.

Now that I know there are so many other PPs who share my vice, I'll start a 90-Day Fiance thread when the next season starts :).

And what's with all the foreign women wanting to be models?  There was one from the first season who was all of 5'4".  Absolutely gorgeous but, let's face it, you have to be tall.  Same with Anfisa.  She's 5'7" and even her photographer said she's a little on the short side to make it as a model.

I don't know how tall Paola is, but she seems to be having some success with it.  Paola is one of my all-time faves, though I have no idea how such a spunky gal so full of life and energy, ended up with such a sour-puss H.  If he were a cartoon character, there would always be dark gray rain clouds around his head.  I guess opposites attract.

Wedding Countdown Ticker