Chit Chat

Vent Thread

2»

Re: Vent Thread

• I just found out that I have to provide written notice to cancel my fucking car insurance. Because Georgia. So stupid.
    That sounds like such a hassle! What does that even entail?
  • I just found out that I have to provide written notice to cancel my fucking car insurance. Because Georgia. So stupid.
    Mailing a letter with my name, policy #, date I want to end coverage, why, my current address, and a signature. (I can fax it but that is almost a bigger pain in the ass)
    Mailing a letter with my name, policy #, date I want to end coverage, why, my current address, and a signature. (I can fax it but that is almost a bigger pain in the ass)
    That's annoying! TBH I don't even know where the fax machine in my office is LOL. Is there not an email address where you can email a scanned pdf of everything??
    That's annoying! TBH I don't even know where the fax machine in my office is LOL. Is there not an email address where you can email a scanned pdf of everything??
    Nope. Snail mail or fax, only options. I might try kinkos or some place later to see if they have a fax machine. But I was shocked I couldn't just do this over the phone 
    Nope. Snail mail or fax, only options. I might try kinkos or some place later to see if they have a fax machine. But I was shocked I couldn't just do this over the phone 
    Try the library -- you may even be able to fax for free.

Insane and irritating!  I had a similar issue with insurance paperwork I needed to send to the "corporate headquarter mortgage dept." of my bank.  Only snail mail or fax.  Luckily, we have a fax machine at my office.  So I fax it over to them when my lunch break starts.  The big boss happened to be walking by and commented, "Are there places that still take faxes?  What is this, the 1980s?"  I wholeheartedly agreed and we had a laugh about it.  He's usually a very stern person, so it was extra funny to hear him joking about something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a vent for today:

I was tasked with doing research on something for work last Friday.  I am getting too different versions of what I'm supposed to looking for by two different people and I am not very familiar with the topic to begin with, so I really don't want to get it done and I am not getting anywhere since the main contact people are out for vacation already.  But I don't want this hanging over my head until the New Year (taking off tomorrow and next week).

I am frustrated with my co-workers because they task with me with this kinda shit and give me like 10% of what I need to know, but I never know what I need to know so I can't ask them the right questions until after I start calling people and then I feel like an idiot because I can't answer the questions the people I contact are asking me...if I have to say, "I'm not sure about that, let me ask them and get back to you" one more time...

I understand that they are busy, but if you understand all this shit you could probably save more time but just calling yourself instead of tasking me to play phone tag for two weeks and bugging you five different times with questions!  I am fine doing the internet sleuthing for background info, but when I don't know the first thing about the product we are trying to get approved (AND it keeps changing!) how the hell am I supposed to convince someone else to invest time to review and approve it?!

~Reaches for glass of wine~ "Damn I'm at work!

• My period is late and it is really irking me. I had to cancel my IUD appointment Monday because I hadn't started on Saturday like I should have. Now I am 5 days late, which hasn't happened since I went off BCP in January due to blood clots. I have only been exactly on time or early. 

I was supposed to get an IUD last month, but had an issue getting confirmation from insurance that the one my doctor had switched to was covered. So we pushed the appointment back to this month, and got confirmation it will be covered 100% in the meantime. 

I don't really think I am pregnant, but drawing this out, especially since I have been waiting for my IUD for a month, is killing me.