Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2016 in Wedding Woes
Merry, happy Christmas Eve-eve!!!  :D  Christmas Eve-eve is a tradition we continued from DH's family.  Everyone gets new PJ's.  We put them on and watch Christmas Vacation.  After DefConn asked for breakfast, he asked when we were opening our PJ's.  ;)<3

What's your weekend plans?

Tomorrow, we're going to FIL's and spending the night.  BIL, SIL, and nephew will be there. It's his 1st Christmas!  :D  

Sunday, we're doing Santa presents, brunch, and then going to my sister's.

We have pretty much all the food (and alcohol) we need.  :D  We might need to stop for one or two more things.  

I found out that FIL's BFF and his wife are coming over Christmas day to hang with him.  He'd been invited a few places (including to come with us to my sister's house), but was being stubborn about going anywhere.  I'm glad he's not going to be home alone though.  This is his first Christmas in his house without MIL. 

Re: FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Happy Festivus!

Today, we're doing errands, wrapping, and baking. I realized last night that we have one cookie sheet. Off to Target we go. Wish us luck!

Tomorrow, we finish anything we didn't finish today. Then we're going to my parents' and to church. 

Sunday we're sleeping in, having breakfast, and going to my Grandma's. 

We're visiting my Oma but haven't decided when, and we're going to call FMIL tomorrow and hopefully FaceTime or chat with FSD on Sunday.
  • My computer died a couple weeks ago, so we got a new one and my husband set it up yesterday. I've been too busy all fall for much of anything but work and foster care stuff, and I haven't played WoW since August, so that's all I'm doing today. 

It is just the 2 of us for Christmas, so everything is done and ready for that. The next couple days will be slothful and wonderful. I don't have to go out again until after Christmas to get stuff for NYE since we found out yesterday we are having surprise family coming. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I work a half day today, which is good b/c I irritated my ulnar nerve in my right arm/hand last night and it's really painful.  Then I'm off to the mall.  K's creative evening wear for nationals is being handled for her and we have to tape her and buy her suit.  Then I need to go to the grocery store to buy chili fixings.  Then we're snuggling down for the Sense8 Christmas special on Netflix, whoot!  Saturday we're going to my parents' house for chili and Christmas Eve gifts.  Sunday we're going to K's grandma's house for Christmas and then her parents for Christmas.  

(Segue:  So, I know I've complained on here in the past about how much ex-DH sucked at gift giving.  So again, trained myself not to want/expect gifts because then I wasn't disappointed.  Well, K and her family are huge into gift giving.  And I'm having to work through major discomfort with it because the amount of presents they're giving me.  I have to keep reminding myself it's okay to be happy, it's okay to be happy, you get to be happy.  I already have one, K got me an Ipsy subscription!  I lurve it already!)

Monday, we're going to do K's headshots for stuffs.  Somewhere in here I need to organize my desk and K is organizing her crafts.
  • Effin' KNUT.  All I want for Christmas is to log in ONE TIME AND HAVE IT ALL WORK.

I can't start a new discussion thread, so @Heffalump, where's our Christmas story?!?!?!
  • DH is off today.  We're decorating cookies then going to FIL and sMIL's for dinner and grandkid spoiling.

Saturday morning not much then going to my folks for a party with Santa.

Sunday morning is GIFTS!  They are all wrapped (in some sort of way) and sporting bows.  We are going nowhere and nobody is coming here.  I've got cinnamon rolls and mimosas for breakfast.  Then it's all apps all day- meatball sliders, shrimp cocktail, jalapeno poppers, pretzel bites, baked brie, chips and dip, cheese and summer sausage, smoked salmon dip, skyline dip, prosciutto wrapped melon, chocolate pie, and cookies.  CAN'T WAIT.
  • I have a fracking sinus infection and spent hours in the doctor's office and pharmacy yesterday, but I'm not letting it get me down!  I'm too excited for this weekend.

And damn, DD2 has been goooooooooood the last few days.  She's our dickhead troublemaker, and she has just been amazing.

I do have to go stock up on food,  since I forgot how much my kids eat when they are home from school, and we need to go see Santa.  WHY did we wait until two days before xmas to do this?

Other than that, everything else is covered.  We have tons of xmas shows and movies on the dvr and we are just going to cuddle up until Sunday.

• @6fsn, your Christmas day sounds AH-mazing!!!!!!!!!!  

And I love when kids do that thing where they ask for something you've already bought for them.  

The kiddo was saying last week that he needs his own computer (which he does for school).  I've had his new one for a month.  ;) 
  • Sounds like everyone is going to have a busy but great weekend :)

Last night M and I decided to exchange gifts. He loved the mug I got him - says "Eat. Sleep. Code." - and said he'll likely take it to work since they get free coffee. :)
    We're setting up laptop likely tonight after we finish the desk. M said it should be pretty quick, but I told him I wanted the desk set up before doing laptop because I wanted that room set up.

Half day today. Got tea and croissant, which I'm likely saving croissant for later. I may swing by Starbucks on the way home, and I think I need to pick up another roll of wrapping paper.

Plan is, I'm taking a nap and then doing baking. I got started last night, so I don't have AS MUCH to do.
    M is seeing his dad today, so I'm not sure when he'll be home. We're kinda winging it with dinner tonight.

Xmas Eve - picking up my granny from her hair appt and then going to visit with her for a bit. Afterwards going MIL and sFIL for dinner and gift exchange.

Xmas Day - I bought cinnamon buns for the morning. Going to my mum's place for about 1:30-2pm, visiting then M is heading out to his family's place. I'm staying at my mum's for dinner and we'll likely head over to my granny's late afternoon to visit with my uncles.

At some point next I wanna head to mall and hit up Sephora. I decided from my xmas bonus, I'm only gonna spend half of what's left. I wanna get the "Better Together" palette, but now I'm also debating on either some eyeliners or "Sweet Peach" palette {which tbh I'd likely wear it more ... so idk ...}
  • edited December 2016
    Happy anniversary, @thefanciestbeckler!

@charlotte989875, the animals are so precious!  <3

Boo to the sinus infection, @tawillers! Sending healing vibes!
  • @tawillers  boo sinus infection :( I believe @Heffalump  has one also, and I'm pretty sure I have one also. Seems to be a thing on WW lately!
  • @OurWildKingdom  rules are rules. Cat gets comfy, you move when they move ;)
  • All the Christmas plans sound great and I hope they all go smoothly for everyone! 

I decided to be crazy and head to Wegmans on my lunch yesterday to get a nice Christmas dinner for ourselves.  We usually have one nice Christmas meal (either Eve or Day), but we didn't have anything.  So I decided to brace for impact and go.  IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!  I got there and back in my usual hour lunch - all while it was a packed madhouse!  But I got us fixins for bacon wrapped filet, mashed potatoes, and rolls.  H was a happy man when he saw what came out of the shopping bag!  He said if there was only chocolate in that bag, he would have bent me over then and there!  LOL!  I love that man!

Last night H missed my text that I was on my way home, so he didn't start any dinner.  That means we went out!  LOL!  So we went to one of our favorite bar/restaurants that we don't go to often since we usually try to utilize groupons or coupons and they never have any!  So we got some mozz sticks and cheese steak nachos (which were oh so heavenly last night! compliments to the chef!).  At the end, I'm like, I'm still hungry honey!  So we got dessert.  They had a skillet cinnamon monkey bread with icing drizzle, ummmmm - yes please!  It was so good!  It tasted like a hot out of the oven cinnabon but with more icing! 

Yoga was a no-go, but who cares!  I got a delicious dinner!

Tonight we go to H's friends for a Christmas party.  I can't wait to eat all the food there!

Christmas Eve will be cookie baking, Church, and the party at my cousins house.  She is doing a Pajama Party this year!  Woot Woot!

Christmas Day will be the two of us home all day.  Christmas gifts in the morning, but mostly just lounging.  We may step out to his mom's house to give her and her BF their Christmas gifts, but we will see.  Then it will be the bacon wrapped filet dinner - yum!

• I have half an hour until I can leave and I have done f-all :)
  • I'm at work today but haven't done anything work related. I finish in about an hour anyways.

Tonight is dinner at FI's house and wrapping gifts. Tomorrow we book our venue and photographer. We do midnight mass with his family on Christmas Eve then we go to his grandma's for a late night snack.

Sunday we head to my sister's for breakfast. I am super excited to see all my nieces and nephews open their gifts. They got what they wanted so they will be over the moon. Plus my family is loud, huge and we can get crazy. It is always a good time when we get together.  After breakfast it is dinner at his parents house.

I am off until Wednesday and I'm spending Monday and Tuesday in pjs on the couch.

Happy Holidays everyone!!! Hope you have a safe and joyous New Year!
  • It appears we have a leak somewhere in the house.  :/. I called the landlord, who said he'd try to get hold of the maintenance man. Looks like I'm doing errands on my own while FW waits for the maintenance man. I'm just waiting for her to get dressed.
  • We did presents with DS1 and FDIL this morning now they are off to her parents' house. It was nice having all kids together for a short time but wish it could've been longer. I always get teary when they start leaving. Tonight we are going out to dinner (DD,SIL and DS2 are here through Christmas Day) then to a Christmas show. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
  • Just finished all the wrapping and now I need to do pre Christmas laundry and clean up.   We aren't hosting but I know we will turn the place upside down on Christmas morning and tomorrow will be busy.   

On Christmas Eve we go to DH's parents'.   MIL informed him that we will have macaroni and cheese and meatballs for dinner.     I know they're hosting and can do what they want but what the fuck?    Every other year it's been lobster and steak and I eat noodles and meatballs every day.   It'll be easy but man, nothing special for Christmas??   
  • Stores weren't too crowded, and I scored everything on the list except rock salt (sold out).

The maintenance guy finally showed up and said our problem was with the roof, not the plumbing. Our landlord will have to call a roofer.

Trying to decide whether to bake or wrap first.

• banana468 said:
    Just finished all the wrapping and now I need to do pre Christmas laundry and clean up.   We aren't hosting but I know we will turn the place upside down on Christmas morning and tomorrow will be busy.   

On Christmas Eve we go to DH's parents'.   MIL informed him that we will have macaroni and cheese and meatballs for dinner.     I know they're hosting and can do what they want but what the fuck?    Every other year it's been lobster and steak and I eat noodles and meatballs every day.   It'll be easy but man, nothing special for Christmas??   
    Could be lobster mac and cheese, I guess?

• banana468 said:
    Just finished all the wrapping and now I need to do pre Christmas laundry and clean up.   We aren't hosting but I know we will turn the place upside down on Christmas morning and tomorrow will be busy.   

Not likely.    She's busting out the easy because of the kids.    I get it.    Buthe because I do this meal often, I know the level of effort involved.    Normally she manages a bit more sincentives we are the ONLY guests tomorrow.    

I know venting sounds ungrateful but she's the same person to insist my dad make prime rib for Christmas dinner.    Which he does.   
  • banana468 said:

banana468 said:

Not likely.    She's busting out the easy because of the kids.    I get it.    Buthe because I do this meal often, I know the level of effort involved.    Normally she manages a bit more sincentives we are the ONLY guests tomorrow.    

I know venting sounds ungrateful but she's the same person to insist my dad make prime rib for Christmas dinner.    Which he does.   
    Hold up. Your MIL tries to dictate your parents' menu? Then thinks she can get away with half-assing? So weird.