Chit Chat

Tis' the season to be chatty! :)

Happy Holidays ladies!
I wanted to check in and see how everyone's holiday season is going so far! Any wedding planning? Any weddings? Any fun presents? Any special memories?

Tis' the season to be chatty! :)

Re: Tis' the season to be chatty! :)

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016
    Ooo, thank you opening this thread.  I need to read about happy stuff.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • AddieCake said:
    Christmas was fine. My husband gave me a gorgeous necklace that I wasn't expecting. It was just the 2 of us, so pretty laid back. We are having OOT guests for NYE that we were not planning on,  so I'm a little anxious and stressed about that upcoming visit.
    Oh that's so sweet of your hubby! Congrats! :)
    Oh I hope NYE goes good and is stress-free for you. Message me if you need help with any ideas for food or decorations, growing up, my mom could have been a pro at throwing parties! She taught me fun, easy decor and recipes people love!
  • It's not a party; it's just family at our house for a few days. I appreciate the offer, though! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My son, his gf and her little boy are staying with us, so Santa delivered to our house this year. It was fabulous to have a child under my roof for Christmas. But I am exhausted after hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day celebrations.

H and I gave each other a cruise for Christmas. We look forward to that to beat the winter doldrums in March.

Tell me about it!  Where are you going?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I had a good holiday, my fiance and I were able to see both sides of our family, but it went by too quick. With his work he is not always able to see family on the holidays. Now that Christmas is over I am planning on going "full force" with the rest of our wedding planning (the wedding is in mid-March). I am a bit scared, but I hope I can do it. :smiley:
  • I had a good holiday, my fiance and I were able to see both sides of our family, but it went by too quick. With his work he is not always able to see family on the holidays. Now that Christmas is over I am planning on going "full force" with the rest of our wedding planning (the wedding is in mid-March). I am a bit scared, but I hope I can do it. :smiley:
    I'm so happy to hear that! It's so hard to see both families, congrats on that.
    Good luck with your wedding planning, it'll be gorgeous, don't be scared! :)
    You can do it!! 
     MairePoppy said:
    My son, his gf and her little boy are staying with us, so Santa delivered to our house this year. It was fabulous to have a child under my roof for Christmas. But I am exhausted after hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day celebrations.

H and I gave each other a cruise for Christmas. We look forward to that to beat the winter doldrums in March.

Oh how fun! I bet they had a ball with you and having Santa come to your house! :) I'm so happy you had a family filled Christmas. 

Congrats on the cruise, save me and my fiance a space in your luggage.  :D (Kidding!) Have fun!!
  • SP29 said:
    Mine was OK. Spent Christmas Eve with my mom, her bf and my siblings for a bit. But I've been sick since- missed Christmas dinner with my dad's family and Boxing Day dinner with DH's side of the family. Took today off work too. Hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow- SIL got me a ticket to see Matilda (with her) in Toronto tomorrow afternoon.

One of my dear friends got engaged on Dec 23rd :) Very happy for them.
    Awh that's great you got to see some of your close family!! 
    Get well soon girly! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Congrats to your friend also! :)
  • Keisha84 said:
    This was the first Christmas being engaged. We did breakfast at my family and dinner at FI's. We had fun at both families. Christmas Eve we booked our venue and this week we are booking our photographer. 

@SP29 I got tickets to see the illusionist in Toronto for Christmas. 
    It was my first Christmas engaged also! Isn't it the best? :)

Congrats on finding the venue and photographer! When's the wedding?
  • @ppgbeb it's September 2018. We want to lock down the big things early then we can relax and take our time. When is your wedding? 

@OurWildKingdom I got fantastic beasts for Christmas too! I can't wait to start. I got the cursed child last month and I really enjoyed it. 
  • Keisha84 said:
    @ppgbeb it's September 2018. We want to lock down the big things early then we can relax and take our time. When is your wedding? 
    @Keisha84 Mine is December 2017, we want to do the same thing as y'all! 
    It's awesome we're planning so far in advance. :)
  • Jaime6166Jaime6166 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2016
    So my wedding is like 10 months away. I feel that there are so so many details that i just don't know where to begin. I am trying to get the budget under control. I feel like even though we are doing this really on the cheap there isnt going to be enough money for everything that we want to do. (really simple-friends doing photos, food, etc.) WE still want to have a honeymoon that is huge for us never have gone anywhere together like that. The only thing that we have done is booked the venue, dj, photos, food, and bought my dress. But there is so much more to do. I am afraid we are not going to have the budget for it. UGH... Ok rant over for now. 

Jaime