Wedding Woes

Today is awesome

M2 was up all night with an ear ache.  I was on hold 35 minutes with the pediatrician's office.  I asked DH to call in and specifically said "get to reception and ask if triage is working."  Oh my gosh.  You'd think I had asked him to check her ears and write the script-

him: who's the pedi? what's the number? I'm on hold with triage.
me: NO GET TO FRONT DESK TO MAKE SURE TRIAGE IS WORKING. 
him:Main line busy.  On hold with triage. 
me: GET THE FRONT DESK.  NEVERMIND I GOT AN APPOINTMENT. 
him: transferred to nurse.
me: NEVERMIND I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT

If anything happens to me will someone please tell my husband that all information is in the firebox?  Please also make sure that they don't all end up on hoarders.

Re: Today is awesome

• Sounds like a great way to start the day @6fsn. Hopefully the kiddo gets to feeling better quickly.
  • @DrillSergeantCat I'm kind of hoping she does a pity check on the other 2 kids that are hacking an coughing. 

The worst part----we've been seeing this pedi for almost 5 years.  She's not new.  She and my brother were roommates in med school!
  • First time back on since Friday morning.
    Recap {I tried not to make it a novel!!}

Friday - bused home and stopped at Starbucks because why not? M was still at his dad's, so I tidied up and took a nap with the cats :)
    M came home and we basically lazed around, wrapped a bit but mostly finished the desk and watched movies lmao.

Saturday {Christmas Eve} - we were picking up my granny around noon, so we had to rush around packing things and doing last minute wrapping. M had to get his brother's gift still {gift card} so he has me finish wrapping. He got home and we packed up the car, and headed out. Had lunch with my granny, then headed to her place for some visiting and gift exchange.
    Stopped by my mum's place afterwards to pick something up, then went to M's mum and stepdad's place for dinner.

Didn't stay super late, exchanged one gift each {because I was too excited for sFIL to open his gift}

Sunday {Christmas} - went back to MIL and sFIL place for rest of gifts. Definitely did well and really excited. MIL got me an essential oil diffuser with a couple essential oils. M got a lot of outdoorsy things, which is good because he needed them. He got long underwear {which he wanted} but on the box it said "Wool with Sex Appeal" - so I started laughing since they were from his mum and stepdad. I showed her, and she laughed because she didn't even notice!

We were able to stop by home before going to my mum's place, so we dropped things off.

Went to my mum's place. I got socks, clothes, pj's and skin care. She got me a grumpy cat calendar ;)
    Ate snacks, then M had to go since he was going to his uncle's place for xmas dinner. I stayed, then mum and I headed to my granny's place to see my uncle's

Ate dinner at home, mum and I drank a whole bottle of wine so when M came back to get me, we were a bit buzzed. Lol I barely drink anymore.

Monday {boxing day} - M went to Cabela's to hit up deals. I worked retail long enough, to not go out. He got decent deals. $150 of the $200 he spent was from xmas money.
    That night we went out to celebrate a buddy's bday early. We were out late and the roads sucked going there, but coming home luckily the salt trucks had been out.

Tuesday - slept in {yessss} then headed to mall. I wanted the Sweet Peach palette from Too Faced {not one I mentioned before, a different one - chose something else because felt other palette didn't have colours I would use}
    Sold out. Piss me offfffff ..... nothing at the mall. We went to Best Buy and I think too many people, so I had panic attack. Sat in the car while M browsed.
    Took a nap when we got home, because they sometimes drain me.

Back at work today, but this week is still all messed up with holidays lmao
  • So far, today is really challenging my New Year Resolution to "be more positive."  DH woke me at 3AM to tell me his throat hurt, I discovered upon opening the new pack of BCP that it's not the same as the one I have been taking (which was sworn up and down the line to me that "It's the EXACT same, just a different brand"), and it will be another 3 days before they can "fix" it and get the correct meds in... and it has just gone downhill from there.  I have half a mind to just check out for the rest of the year.

At least it's a short week.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• So far, today is really challenging my New Year Resolution to "be more positive."  DH woke me at 3AM to tell me his throat hurt, I discovered upon opening the new pack of BCP that it's not the same as the one I have been taking (which was sworn up and down the line to me that "It's the EXACT same, just a different brand"), and it will be another 3 days before they can "fix" it and get the correct meds in... and it has just gone downhill from there.  I have half a mind to just check out for the rest of the year.

At least it's a short week.
    2016 is just fucking everyone up. Guhh
  • Why in the world would he wake you up then @AtomicBlonde, I'd be super pissed. 

Im home from Buffalo, and sick. We got back last night and I found out my shampoo leaked all over my favorite shoes. The house is a mess and all I want to do is nap. 

But we went out shopping when we got back and got new lamp/night stands for the bedroom and we're going to get another ottoman today then we're almost done furniture shopping. We need a chair for the bedroom but don't want to spend a ton so that might have to wait. 
  • Saw the new Star Wars last night.  It was very good and very much a classic Star Wars film.  I did get the sads for a minute at the end, but I won't spoil it for anyone.  We ended up with the last 5 tickets for the showing and had to sit in the 2nd row.  My neck didn't really hurt too bad, but my eyes were hurting from being so close and it being a bright movie.

I have an appointment with the midwife tonight, so I will get to hear baby's heartbeat again!  I just love hearing it!  I feel her like all the time now, bouncing around in there, but there is just something about hearing that heartbeat!  I also signed up for all of our birthing and baby classes yesterday.

I arrived at work this morning to a notice that the water was shut off to the building.  They just turned it back on, thankfully, but what would have happened if I had to pee?  Some days I have to go so bad by 10 am and I wouldn't have cared!  Luckily, I was ok today.  I just hate they give no notice about this kind of stuff!

• @thefanciestbeckler  it was good! Busy but good. :) Hahaha queen-oh! Yay for the transfer!!
  • I'm tired of being tired.  I've made myself start my supplements today again, hoping for help.  I'm on hold, at minute 16, probably 20 more minutes to go.  I'm so ready for a down weekend, I can barely see straight.  This weekend we just have a NYE party and a dinner to go to, but K isn't performing for the first time in forever and we can just enjoy being out together.  I can't wait.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm tired of being tired.  I've made myself start my supplements today again, hoping for help.  I'm on hold, at minute 16, probably 20 more minutes to go.  I'm so ready for a down weekend, I can barely see straight.  This weekend we just have a NYE party and a dinner to go to, but K isn't performing for the first time in forever and we can just enjoy being out together.  I can't wait.
    Me too, but it's frowned upon to drug my baby to sleep.
  • My H and I jokingly take bets on how long it will be from when I get up and out of bed until our dog (Izzy) also gets out of bed.  Izzy loves our company the most, but the bed second.  So she'll stay in bed until the last one of us gets out.  Or if one of us takes a nap in the middle of the day, she putters in and hops on the bed within one minute.

Usually she'll get up 10 minutes, tops, from when I do.  But this morning, she lolled around for almost 25 minutes.  My H and I were having a big laugh about it.

My day at work did not start out well.  I gave a lot of details in the vent thread.  But, basically, I was trying to help out another dept. and got b**ched at for my efforts.  Put me in a bit of a mood, but I'm starting to finally shake it off.

On the positive side, I need to get some trips planned.  I have a free flight voucher, for up to two people and up to $750, that I have to book before Jan. 31st and the trip has to finish before June 30th.  It's through Harrahs, so the flight basically has to be to a city with a Harrahs nearby.  I also get four free nights.  We're thinking about Lake Tahoe in March?  I need to check if there will still be snow at that time.

I also promised my mom I'd visit in January.  Now I don't want to go (sigh).  I don't want to spend the money or the time.  But I know I need to suck it up and just do it.  I mean, I'll enjoy being there, it's not that.  It's just turned out to be bad timing.  I could push it out a little later, but then it might interfere with our Tahoe trip.  I don't like taking vacations that close together, but I think I'm going to be stuck with that, however I work out the dates.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm getting the flu. Boo, hiss. 

Work is starting to pick up again. My boss is taking a well-deserved vacation; I hope she doesn't come back to chaos. Friday is a short day (office closes at 1:00).
  • Has anyone ordered anything from F21? I'm debating on ordering shirts but idk what the sizing is like .... I've got shirts from there, so is it same idea?
  • DH and the kids just met me for lunch.  Now they're off to the raptor center, and I'm back in my office.  FML.

Follow-up mammogram later this afternoon.

6fsn said:
    M2 was up all night with an ear ache.  I was on hold 35 minutes with the pediatrician's office.  I asked DH to call in and specifically said "get to reception and ask if triage is working."  Oh my gosh.  You'd think I had asked him to check her ears and write the script-

If anything happens to me will someone please tell my husband that all information is in the firebox?  Please also make sure that they don't all end up on hoarders.
    After I said last week that I don't give DH enough credit, I stand by my statement.  BUT, when they met me for lunch, DS was wearing clothes from the Goodwill pile.  On like the top shelf of his closet.  I mean yes, they were in his closet, but they're too small, and they were just hanging out there until I gathered up the rest of our stuff.  Meanwhile, he passed over two rods' worth of clothes that actually fit to pull these old things off the highest shelf.  ???
  • Heffalump said:
    DH and the kids just met me for lunch.  Now they're off to the raptor center, and I'm back in my office.  FML.

Follow-up mammogram later this afternoon.

6fsn said:

After I said last week that I don't give DH enough credit, I stand by my statement.  BUT, when they met me for lunch, DS was wearing clothes from the Goodwill pile.  On like the top shelf of his closet.  I mean yes, they were in his closet, but they're too small, and they were just hanging out there until I gathered up the rest of our stuff.  Meanwhile, he passed over two rods' worth of clothes that actually fit to pull these old things off the highest shelf.  ???
    That reminds me of a post I saw on pinterest. It's a convo between spouses about their daughter. Mother picks up daughter from daycare and apparently the dad forgot to put on a shirt underneath her overalls .... lol
  • Oh! Hilarity ensues in the Danger house.

M got a lot of camo print stuff {sweater and hat} so every so often while he's sitting there, I will just randomly go "M? Where did you go? *looks at cat* where's daddy? He's disappeared!"

While out celebrating our friend's bday, my friend wants to ask him something. He is literally 2 ft away from us and wearing the camo sweater and hat. She looks around and honestly asks "Where's M?" I started laughing and pointed. She joked he was camouflaged into everything. I then told her what I keep doing at home, and we laughed.
  • Oh! Hilarity ensues in the Danger house.

M got a lot of camo print stuff {sweater and hat} so every so often while he's sitting there, I will just randomly go "M? Where did you go? *looks at cat* where's daddy? He's disappeared!"

While out celebrating our friend's bday, my friend wants to ask him something. He is literally 2 ft away from us and wearing the camo sweater and hat. She looks around and honestly asks "Where's M?" I started laughing and pointed. She joked he was camouflaged into everything. I then told her what I keep doing at home, and we laughed.
    H & I always joke when one of us or one of our friends - hell, even if a stranger across the street is wearing camo. If it's camo pants we say "OMG what happened to your/that person's legs???"