Georgia-Atlanta

$2,000 Total Budget! Help!

I'm looking to get married in October/November 2017. We live in Flowery Branch, GA and are willing to drive a bit for the right location.  We have $2,000 total to spend. We prefer an outside ceremony, but at this point, I'll take what I can get. I would like a place that let's us bring our own food. We actually want to bring grills and grill out. (My brother is excellent on the grill and is excited to cook for everyone!) We are looking at around 75 guests. Maybe less. My major focus is getting a venue for a ceremony and reception in one, plus food and drinks for $2,000. It's starting to feel impossible and I'm ready to give up. I wanted to rent a cabin for a night or two. And host everything there. But finding a big enough location that accomodates parking and space for an outdoor ceremony is difficult. Plus, Im not sure many cabin owners are willing to let me do that. 

I'm lost.

Re: $2,000 Total Budget! Help!

• Have you looked into state park locations?
  • Roswell River Landing is around $1200, and has zero preferred vendors. It's a pretty space for an outdoor wedding and its a very nice indoor area as well. Full, large kitchen too! 
  • My ILs live in Sterling on the Lake and we considered using the clubhouse there. It's pretty and seemed like it could work for a wedding with 75-80 guests, but we decided on a venue closer to the airport.

Another option you could try is local park or community facilities. I went to a lovely wedding at the Union Hill Community Center in Canton. I'm sure there are similar places closer to Flowery Branch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker