Chit Chat

Was There A TK Apocalypse?

I've been too busy all fall to be on TK, and I finally get time to come back, and it's so dead. What gives? There are boards where nobody has commented since October. And did the whole Not Engaged crew get abducted? 

I look forward to the newly engaged snowflakes to come along to give me something to do!

What's new, everyone? 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Was There A TK Apocalypse?

• Something happened over there. I never participated there, but there seems to have been an exodus. Things have been a little slow lately. Glad you're back!

Not much is new in my neck of the woods. H and I moved to Ohio from NC this summer so we've been settling in. We bought our first house and it's 100 years old so it needs a lot of attention. It's constant work, but we love it. 
  • @charlotte989875 NC is beautiful!  And I bet the house is pretty awesome. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No major exodus that I am aware of.  I don't know what happened in NEY, although I've noticed the lack of posting there.  I wonder if the regs just went to a FB group.

We, as always, have had the spesul snowflake that had a tamtrum and left.  Though we did have one spesul who on the E board who kept coming back after GBKNing.  WW has picked up a bit lately!
  • It seems we get the odd newbie, and then they don't stick around. The boards have been pretty quiet.
  • Hey Addie, good to see you back.  I think it really hard to find the boards now (I can't find them from the main page), so we get fewer people here now.  Which sucks on days where I just need some entertainment.  

• Hey Addie!  I've been MIA for a while, too, actually.  I just started teaching hugh school this fall and it's kicking my ass in a good way.   How are you and your husband?  
  • Hey Addie, good to see you back.  I think it really hard to find the boards now (I can't find them from the main page), so we get fewer people here now.  Which sucks on days where I just need some entertainment.  
    That makes sense. Bummer. 
  • @holyguacamole79 Things are great here in Cakeland!
  • Welcome back, Addie. 

I don't visit the NEY board so I don't know why the regs ghosted. Aside from that, the log in/navigation problems persist. Per WinstonsGirl, unless newbies know the boards exist, they're less likely to find them. Who would think to look for them under 'tools?'

• Tools? Ugh. Way to go, TK! 
  • I think everyone has been tied up with the holidays too. 
  • It's been really quiet.   
  • I switched jobs in late October so haven't been logging in much during the day. But on the few occasions I've been on here interest does seem to have waned. I will check in more often --- I miss this supportive community.
  • Hey Addie! It's been very quiet. I think Marie is right about why the boards are so slow. They ARE really hard to find unless you're specifically looking for them. Hope all is well with y'all! 
    *********************************************************************************

• I also participate on the sister site, The Nest.  There have been bad and annoying login problems throughout the year.  A lot of posters seemed to drop off over there also :(.  I'm sure it was the login problems.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @emmaaa That siggy pic is precious.

• I got super busy with classes and homework. I started reading an 1800-page "stupid emails from students" thread on a higher ed forum and even though I've read it almost every day since September, I'm still only on page 1334, lol, so that has taken up a lot of my internetting time.

Honestly most of the drama seems to have died down. I got bored of checking the E board and seeing the same topics go from 1 to 2 to 3 pages with few or no new ones. There used to be a time when 3-4 new threads were started on that board every day!

WW is super fun and pretty much the only board besides CC I check regularly. Other than that... we're all just lurking around I guess.

*waves to Addie* 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome back! I wasn't around last Christmas and kept hearing about all the special Christmas snowflakes. So far I'm disappointed.
  • No major exodus that I am aware of.  I don't know what happened in NEY, although I've noticed the lack of posting there.  I wonder if the regs just went to a FB group.

We, as always, have had the spesul snowflake that had a tamtrum and left.  Though we did have one spesul who on the E board who kept coming back after GBKNing.  WW has picked up a bit lately!
    From what I got before NEY died off - I was "part" of that group for a bit, term used loosely - is that people actually got pissed off over stupid little things. There was a post about Confessions/UO that kind of caused a few to go nuclear. Since then most of the regs stopped posting {many posted in CC for awhile, but idk if they've even been on TK since}
    I doubt they went to a fb group because many ended up meeting outside of TK, so they prob keep in contact with who they want.
  • @MissKittyDanger That's the trouble with those kinds of posts. I enjoy them, but I know I still have to censor myself in what I share. It's like hey, we want you to tell us something that you go against the grain on, but then we're going to rake you over the coals and hate you for opening up about it. Haha!
  • AddieCake said:
    @MissKittyDanger That's the trouble with those kinds of posts. I enjoy them, but I know I still have to censor myself in what I share. It's like hey, we want you to tell us something that you go against the grain on, but then we're going to rake you over the coals and hate you for opening up about it. Haha!
    I think it was more than that .... it wasn't an intentional dig at anyone, it just turned into that.
    Go take a look at the post, it was likely around September. It's one of those things that was likely bound to happen because they were super 'cliquey'
  • AddieCake said:
    @MissKittyDanger That's the trouble with those kinds of posts. I enjoy them, but I know I still have to censor myself in what I share. It's like hey, we want you to tell us something that you go against the grain on, but then we're going to rake you over the coals and hate you for opening up about it. Haha!
    That's why I can't read them. I get so upset and want to defend everything. "YOU DON'T LIKE SEINFELD??? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! 80 MILLION REASONS WHY SEINFELD IS THE BEST." So I just skip them. 

@MissKittyDanger that was a pretty good read (it's on page 2, from August) but it looked like it was resolved by the end of the thread? No one flounced in that thread, at least. We'll have to do some more digging. :) 
  • AddieCake said:
    That's why I can't read them. I get so upset and want to defend everything. "YOU DON'T LIKE SEINFELD??? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! 80 MILLION REASONS WHY SEINFELD IS THE BEST." So I just skip them. 

@MissKittyDanger that was a pretty good read (it's on page 2, from August) but it looked like it was resolved by the end of the thread? No one flounced in that thread, at least. We'll have to do some more digging. :) 
    @spockforprez  I'm not sure what else could have happened, but someone I chatted with privately said it seemed to be resolved but really wasn't. I basically left the group around then because I was tired at the snide digs when I wasn't even involved. {fyi - iKea is directed at me because that's how I typically spell it}
  • AddieCake said:

I also just read it and had the same thought... as I was getting into it I was like "ooooh this is about to blow up" but then it kind of simmered and died by the end, I was disappointed! From a wanting to read other people's drama perspective, of course :P.

I never really spent much time on NEY (mostly because it somehow took me forever to realize it wasn't really all about people who are not engaged yet... whoops) but between reading that and some other drama I remember about them not wanting posters who don't post regularly on that board to answer questions there I'm def. starting to get a picture of what kind of dynamic they had going on. I'm especially surprised at the references to them harassing a poster with mental health problems because usually I find TK really doesn't tolerate people like that (people who are insensitive to mental health issues, that is)!
  • After my wedding in October, I needed a bit of a break and then when I did return I found them a bit dead. I'm not helping the situation as I haven't posted very much.  

It's possible.  I am active in three different fb groups, two are women-only and one is for my local trail running club. Not sure if it's a general trend, but I'm spending more time on those boards than others lately.
  • I'm back from a week off.  I was here years ago and then took a break and have been back since August or so.  I agree that the reason it is so dead is because the forums are impossible to find.  I made a post in my Wedding Month board and it is literally the only post there.  Previously, those were very active and newbies could go there to lick their wounds while figuring out the culture of the main boards.  Not so anymore.  It's a shame.  I met some really cool people IRL though these boards.