Chit Chat

New Year's Eve plans?

Anyone doing anything fun for NYE?  DH is Djing at a friend's restaurant like he does every year, so I will drink champagne in the DJ booth while people watching. My parents have very graciously agreed to take our son for a sleepover.  It's his first NYE, he'll be asleep by 7:30, lol.

I always debate between getting dressed up and being warm.  Warm usually wins.

Re: New Year's Eve plans?

• We haven't decided yet and should probably get on it. Your night sounds like a blast!
  • Ugh, nothing.  My friend bailed on her plans to host everyone (with a very valid reason), but it's too last minute to find anything fun for less than $150 per ticket.  And DH thinks it's all a bunch or made up shit anyway and doesn't want to do anything.  We will likely watch the ball drop on tv (2 hours early for us), say close enough and go to bed around 11  

• I'm throwing a little Noon Years' Eve party for my kiddies and a couple of my nieces and nephews tomorrow morning...I'll have a brunch spread plus some finger food.  DH is working at Times Square tomorrow night in a special FDNY unit (he's a firefighter), so I'm picturing myself asleep on the couch in front of the tv by 10-11, though I will try to make it to midnight to see the ball drop  :p
  • Packing to drive to Mayo Clinic. :/
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Good luck @CMGragain.

We have plans now!  I made a reservation for dinner at 10:45 for a new restaurant downtown for us and some friends.
  • eileenrob said:
    I'm throwing a little Noon Years' Eve party for my kiddies and a couple of my nieces and nephews tomorrow morning...I'll have a brunch spread plus some finger food.  DH is working at Times Square tomorrow night in a special FDNY unit (he's a firefighter), so I'm picturing myself asleep on the couch in front of the tv by 10-11, though I will try to make it to midnight to see the ball drop  :p
    I hope your H has an uneventful evening in Times Square. Thank you to him and all the first responders!

• edited December 2016
    Sending lots of healing vibes to you, @CMGragain!

Housemate is going to a sober dance, so FW and I are on our own. We'll probably watch movies and pig out. 
  • Dinner at our favourite restaurant (and the place we got married at!) and then playing games back at home until we both are too tired to stay up!
  • FI is on set and not home until next Thursday ☹️️ and my two friends are both out of town... so I'm on my couch with my other friends Budweiser, Rory and Lorelai. I'm hoping I can make it to 10 pm, which is midnight in NYC so I can watch the ball drop and pretend it counts. But it's currently 8:45 and I'm ready to snuggle up in bed.... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CMGragain Thinking of you!

I worked during the day. When I came home DH had a yummy dinner made- Alaskan Char, shrimp, wild rice, green beans and broccoli, which we had with a bottle of wine.

We then watched several episodes of Doctor Who, then several episodes of Weeds until we got to 11:45, then watched a stream of the ball drop in NYC with some sparkling wine.

Pretty good!