Wedding Woes

STT

We haven't had one in a while.  For those that don't know, STT = Sex Talk Tuesday. Be ready for some TMI.

I have had a hell of a month, ladyjunk-wise.  I had my mirena out at the end of November and started my first period two days later (we normally don't care about having sex on my period, but I had horrible cramping most of the time).  At the tail end of that period, I got sick but waited 2-3 weeks to go to the doctor, so we didn't really have that much sex because I wasn't feeling well.  I got an antibiotic that gave me a yeast infection, so that was another week of nothing.  Then I got another crampy period.

We finally had a good session on Sunday and OMG it almost brought tears to my eyes.  It was definitely a good start to a new year.

Re: STT

• I hate having sex on my period. I feel gross and tired, but thankfully mine only lasts a few days; am I the odd woman out of this one?

So we were in Buffalo in a one bedroom Airbnb, with the cat and dog, so that made it a little difficult, then we came back and I was on my period, and now I'm sick with bronchitis. Thank gods the doctor gave me the strong drugs hopefully I can kick this soon because two weeks is way too long without sex. 
  • I finally got my IUD on Thursday! The insertion SUCKED. Apparently my uterus is curved, which meant a lot positioning and readjusting, then positioning again. Glad I got Kyleena (same as Skyla except good for 5 years instead of 3) because the less I have to do that the better.

We had a couple of good sessions over the weekend to "test it out." We very much enjoyed not using condoms again for the first time in almost a year. Ever since I had to stop using BCP due to pulmonary embolii and blood clots, condoms were a necessary evil. Good riddance!

We were talking last night about how we have had sex every day this year so far. DH has decided we should see how long we can keep that going. Probably won't  last too long, but I won't mind trying. 
  • I can't do period sex.

The weekend was gooood.
  • I hate having sex on my period. I feel gross and tired, but thankfully mine only lasts a few days; am I the odd woman out of this one?

So we were in Buffalo in a one bedroom Airbnb, with the cat and dog, so that made it a little difficult, then we came back and I was on my period, and now I'm sick with bronchitis. Thank gods the doctor gave me the strong drugs hopefully I can kick this soon because two weeks is way too long without sex. 
    I don't like having sex on my period either. I have a very heavy flow and cramp the whole time. I just don't feel sexy at all. I started BCP recently so we will see if this helps with the flow and cramps

I was on the depo shot for all of our relationship, so periods were not something we had to deal with until recently.  Now we have to track my cycle, before we had sex when ever we wanted. 

We both live at home so we have sex whenever we can. With the holidays it was harder as someone was always home. We finally got some alone time yesterday and WOW!!! Unfortunately that will have to last at least 3 weeks as there won't be any more opportunities till then.

• When I am on birth control, my periods are very short and very light with minimal cramping.  It was NBD to have sex on my period.

I do remember before I ever started BC, periods were heavy and painful.  I'm hoping it doesn't stay this way, now that I'm not on BC anymore.

• I have short, light periods. We have no problems with period sex. Given our current situation with DH traveling, neither of us are too picky about when we have sex. If I'm visiting him and I'm on my period, we do it. If I'm visiting him and I'm not on my period, we do it.

And boy did we ever have some good sex Christmas weekend and this past weekend. It made all those weeks without 100% worth it.

• 0Face said:
    I'm 1000 months pregnant and don't like sex but mostly because there's too much already in there.  Plus also...having sex while baby is blasting away on my ribs is SLIGHTLY distracting.

No better way than to drive by then with a sex post, no?
    And zero pregnancy details!!  Start another post and update us on life and baby. 
  • Sex on my period doesn't bother either of us.  @littlemushroom, I found insertion the second time around was much easier than the first.  Still sucked, but my body adjusted within an hour or so rather than the 3 days for the first time.  

And can I say, as someone who throughly enjoyed FFF, and all of the other daily/weekly posts that we used to have back in the golden days of TK, it's nice to see that at least 1 semi-regular thread has made it past TK Gods around here.  ;)

• We used to do period sex when we were first married, but stopped a few months into marriage. H is grossed out now and says it smells weird. I don't mind it, but I have to say it's easier not to. So messy!

Our sex life has been weird lately. It was so odd. Right when we stopped using BC, sex started hurting for me. It was like a light switch. And it wasn't hormonal. We used the diaphragm. No matter how wet I am or how much foreplay we do, it still hurts at least a little. Lube does help but not always enough. I don't know what to do. We didn't change anything in the way we have sex. I'm honestly looking forward to having this baby and getting stretched out a little! TMI, but I think H is just really big. I've never had sex with anyone else so nothing to compare to, but he just seems big. I have only gotten him all the way there through oral once right after we got married. I've tried but never been able to do it again because my jaw gets so tired. I always have to finish with a hand job or regular sex. 
  • This happened to me too- the sex hurting part. We had a session on vacation last month where it hurt and I should've said something, but didn't. Thought the month off between would help- he was in a different state- but when reuniting at Christmas it was still painful. It got a little better each time and I used copious amounts of lube.

Starting to wonder if it's partly psychological at this point- I'm worried it's going to hurt so it does hurt.

Which is such a bummer because sex with him has ALWAYS been wonderful and I'm so bummed it's not right now and I want it fixed post haste.

• @lovesclimbing  - not sure if this is your first child, but the only time sex was ever painful for me was post pregnancy. I was in labor for 30 hours, but had a c-section, so no vaginal delivery. You're still supposed to wait the ~6 weeks post baby to have sex, and I would say that the first few months it was a little painful, but got easier over time.

it could be the pregnancy hormones screwing with your body - you might also want to try different positions to see if anything helps. talk to your OBGYN too - he/she may be able to make some suggestions. 
  • @WinstonsGirl That gives me hope at least. At least I don't have to worry about it for 5 more years.  Hopefully the benefits outweigh the unpleasantness. So far, so good. :)
  • *Barbie* said:
    @lovesclimbing  - not sure if this is your first child, but the only time sex was ever painful for me was post pregnancy. I was in labor for 30 hours, but had a c-section, so no vaginal delivery. You're still supposed to wait the ~6 weeks post baby to have sex, and I would say that the first few months it was a little painful, but got easier over time.

it could be the pregnancy hormones screwing with your body - you might also want to try different positions to see if anything helps. talk to your OBGYN too - he/she may be able to make some suggestions. 
    I know it'll be painful right after delivering and I figure we'll wait a while. I'm just hoping the stretching out will help long term. As for the pain being pregnancy related, I really doubt that. Sex started being painful when we stopped using the diaphragm, not when I got pregnant. It's such an odd correlation because it wasn't hormonal BC. I didn't get pregnant until five months later (and I expect at least part of that was due to having sex less due to our busy lifestyle but partially due to it being painful for me).

We have tried different positions. There is one position that's less painful than the rest and frequently pain free (it's always been the most comfortable position for me), but unfortunately, it's the position H likes the least. We still do it, but I hate to make him do that position every single time.