Snarky Brides
Options

Bride Wants To Charge Guests For Reception

Of course, when almost every single person told her how utterly horrible this is, she just argued and argued and argued. One commenter said that they charged people who didn't show and the OP was all like "that's brilliant". Also the OP already IS married and had a courthouse wedding on the cheap and now wants a PPD which her guests have to pay for. Ughhhhhh. 

Re: Bride Wants To Charge Guests For Reception

• Options
    Un-fucking-believable.

Change your username and stick around!
  • Options
    I have mostly just lurked, and I haven't figured out how to change my name yet but I will have to poke around on my computer (I'm using my phone and it keeps forcing me to log in every time I try to click on anything)
  • Options
    I actually know someone (friend of a friend) who charged to attend her wedding. 

She had a destination Vegas wedding. She basically told people, "We're going to Vegas. There's a restaurant that we can go to afterwards that's $30 a person, so if you want to come to the wedding, just let me know and pay me the $30." (I'm paraphrasing.)

The mutual friend here was pretty shocked, but she's close enough to the woman to go anyway. When I heard, I figured that couple had some balls to do that. 
    Heck, if you want a small wedding, that's certainly one way to get people not to come. 

• Options
    This 14-YO needs to get off her mommy's computer. 
  • Options

How many balls does the average person go to!?

• Options
    I have mostly just lurked, and I haven't figured out how to change my name yet but I will have to poke around on my computer (I'm using my phone and it keeps forcing me to log in every time I try to click on anything)
    It took me a while to figure it out too. CLick on the person in the top right corner, and you'll be able to change it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2017
    Hm, maybe when we start hosting Thanksgiving dinners we should charge per plate, it's only right because thanksgiving can be so expensive!! These people shouldn't breed, man.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MCmeow said:
    Hm, maybe when we start hosting Thanksgiving dinners we should charge per plate, it's only right because thanksgiving can be so expensive!! These people shouldn't breed, man.
    Really, about the breeding!  I think the marriage license clerks should have a quick questionnaire before handing out licenses to people, and if they answer wrong, mandatory sterilization before you can sleep with your SO.  I see it like this:
    1. Other people exist: A. To make my life easier, or B. To each fulfill their own destinies
    2. Cesar Milan is A. Clearly some kind of dog god, or B. A misguided individual that should never be allowed to make another statement on dog training ever again
    3. Sometimes a victim "asked for it" (to be raped/abducted/etc). A. This statement is true, or B. This statement can burn in hell and is a flagrant lie.
    ...And so on.  If they answer more than 1 "A," they probably shouldn't pass those views on to their offspring.

***I am of course over-exaggerating, I know we cannot take away anyone's right to reproduce, please don't come to my house and hurt me.  Also I'm sorry if you like Cesar Milan, after listening to other dog trainers I really hate him.***