Chit Chat

Update

We just returned from Arizona.  The doctors at the Mayo Clinic determined that there is nothing more that can be done for me.  They advised us to return home and enjoy our lives.  We won't be going to live there for six weeks, as we had planned.
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Update

• I'm sorry.  I wish you had gotten the news you were hoping for.  Prayers and hugs for you.
  • I'm really sorry, CMG. You and your family will be in my thoughts. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Love and prayers to you and your family. 
  • So sorry to hear this news. My prayers will be with you.

• I'm sorry CMG.  You and your family are in my prayers.
  • I'm sorry CMG.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • CMG, So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your fam. ❤
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to heat that, CMGr. Praying for you and your family.

• I'm sorry, CMGr. Prayers for you and your family.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm sorry CMG.   Continued prayers for you and your family.  
  • Ts and Ps CMG, I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers for strength.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm sorry, Christine.  I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. 
  • I'm sorry that was the news you received. I hope that you make many memories during the time you have and end up living for many years beyond the estimates.

• I'm very sorry to hear this news.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm so sorry. I pray that the love and comfort of your family and friends will guide you during this tough time.
  • I am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry. Hugs and positive vibes!
  • I'm sad to hear this.  Lots of positive thoughts for you

• I'm so sorry CMGraigan. I hope you are surrounded with warmth, love and family. 
  • Hi, I am more of a lurker to be honest, but have always enjoyed your posts. Just wanted to pass on my own thoughts and prayers for you. Was so pleased to read you had a good time on your trip, make sure you enjoy Japan :) x
  • More thoughts and prayers.
  • CMG, so sorry about all that you are going through.  Glad that you were able to enjoy your trip and have fun on that cruise!!!
  • Ugh that is terrible.  I am sorry @CMGragain - prayers for you and your family.  

• I'm sorry to hear this news, @CMGragain. Sending you love and hugs. And I am glad you are taking time to enjoy life and be surrounded by loved ones. Thinking of you.
  • CMGragain said:
    Thanks, everybody.  Well, I'm not dead yet.  I plan to enjoy my life.  Instead of going to Phoenix for a six weeks radiation treatment, I'll go visit the children and my grandsons.  The doctors advised me to go on that August cruise around Japan, if possible.  It is sold out in our category, so I'm glad I booked it so far ahead.
    Honestly, when the radiology oncologist saw my burn scars from nine years ago, she really didn't want to treat me at all.  I must have super sensitive skin.  I'm pleased that I won't have to go through that again!
    Found great restaurants in the Phoenix area!  Anybody ever heard of Portillo's?
    It was a hoot, with all that nostalgia circa 1960.  I munched on the best salad I ever ate, while listening to "Teen Angel" and "Why Must I Be a Teenager in Love?" 
    Then DH drove 18 miles to take me to The Iowa Cafe in Mesa.  (Only Iowans will understand this.)  Fried pork tenderloin sandwiches, onion rings to die for, and warm cherry pie!
    On the way back to western Colorado, we stopped for lunch in Kayenta, in the Navajo Reservation.  We went to a place called "The Blue Coffee Pot", which had a full parking lot.  We were the only Anglos there!  Everybody else was Navajo.  It was obviously where the locals eat.  Navajo fry bread, Navajo tacos, great coffee! Mmmm!  I felt like I was in a Tony Hillerman novel.
    I never got to go shopping.  The traffic was horrible, and DH wouldn't let me drive.  No sense shopping if he is going to be looming over me.  Oh well, back to shopping on the internet.
    My cat is delighted to see us.  He snuggles with us at night in bed.  I'm not sure if he just likes my warm bottom, or if he likes the electric blanket.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I'll be around for awhile.
    That was God talking to you, @CMGragain.  That deliciousness has been a staple in Chicago forever, and only recently, VERY recently, opened in Phoenix.  Was it their chopped salad that wooed you?  Please, puh-lease tell me you indulged in their ever so infamous chocolate cake.  Even me, a "could take it or leave it" chocolate person, MUST have a slice whenever we partake of Portillo's!  Glad you followed "His" word!
  • CMGragain said:
    There is nothing brave about facing the inevitable.  I have had a great life since marrying DH, and I intend to go on with it for as long as God allows.  I don't really have a bucket list.  I have done it all.

Everybody dies, and cancer is not a bad way to go.  I will have plenty of time to settle my affairs and tell my loved ones how much they have meant to me.

I know a lot of people who say that they just want to die quickly, like a stroke or a heart attack.  I disagree.  There is no chance to say goodbye.  The family has no time to adjust to the idea of your death, and it is a shock to everyone.  I appreciate the time I have left, and I will know as the cancer progresses.

Most of you are much, much younger than I am, though 65 is relatively young age for this.  I have already lived longer than my father and both my grandfathers.  My favorite cousin died last month from Alzheimer's.  She was my age.  I thank God that I won't have to die like she did.  That would be my worst nightmare, to lose myself before I die.  All you need to do is to volunteer in a nursing home (which I did for many years) to see that a peaceful death in hospice is a blessing.

I am a Christian, and Jesus said that there is more to come, and it will be good.

I'm not dead yet.  I still have enough spunk to remind you to not wear tuxedos in the daytime, and no cash bars at weddings!  (Beware, Special Snowflakes!)

Oooh, Leonidas Belgian Chocolates had a sale with free shipping!  I ordered four pounds of it!  Bring it on!
    You could not ask for a better eiptaph!  I applaud you!  I understand you.  I am also just in the infancy stage of 60's. 

I could not agree with you more.  I lost a sibling and my father, both at young ages (relative) to sudden deaths.  My mother died as you describe, peacefully in hospice surrounded by family.  I have spoken to my son, a neurologist, at great length as to specifics regarding the quality of my life. 

Prayers continue for you and the family.  Now go get to those grandbabies!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    MobKaz said:
    CMGragain said:
    Thanks, everybody.  Well, I'm not dead yet.  I plan to enjoy my life.  Instead of going to Phoenix for a six weeks radiation treatment, I'll go visit the children and my grandsons.  The doctors advised me to go on that August cruise around Japan, if possible.  It is sold out in our category, so I'm glad I booked it so far ahead.
    Honestly, when the radiology oncologist saw my burn scars from nine years ago, she really didn't want to treat me at all.  I must have super sensitive skin.  I'm pleased that I won't have to go through that again!
    Found great restaurants in the Phoenix area!  Anybody ever heard of Portillo's?
    It was a hoot, with all that nostalgia circa 1960.  I munched on the best salad I ever ate, while listening to "Teen Angel" and "Why Must I Be a Teenager in Love?" 
    Then DH drove 18 miles to take me to The Iowa Cafe in Mesa.  (Only Iowans will understand this.)  Fried pork tenderloin sandwiches, onion rings to die for, and warm cherry pie!
    On the way back to western Colorado, we stopped for lunch in Kayenta, in the Navajo Reservation.  We went to a place called "The Blue Coffee Pot", which had a full parking lot.  We were the only Anglos there!  Everybody else was Navajo.  It was obviously where the locals eat.  Navajo fry bread, Navajo tacos, great coffee! Mmmm!  I felt like I was in a Tony Hillerman novel.
    I never got to go shopping.  The traffic was horrible, and DH wouldn't let me drive.  No sense shopping if he is going to be looming over me.  Oh well, back to shopping on the internet.
    My cat is delighted to see us.  He snuggles with us at night in bed.  I'm not sure if he just likes my warm bottom, or if he likes the electric blanket.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I'll be around for awhile.
    That was God talking to you, @CMGragain.  That deliciousness has been a staple in Chicago forever, and only recently, VERY recently, opened in Phoenix.  Was it their chopped salad that wooed you?  Please, puh-lease tell me you indulged in their ever so infamous chocolate cake.  Even me, a "could take it or leave it" chocolate person, MUST have a slice whenever we partake of Portillo's!  Glad you followed "His" word!
    I had a poppyseed fruit and chicken salad.  I was too full for desert!  Fortunately, our hotel, a nice La Quinta, was right across the street. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg