Wedding Woes

It's Wednesday

I've been up since 3AM because I decided being awake and tired was better than having constant nightmares that someone was in our house.  The first dream was o.k... The guy only wanted to watch TV, but after that they got much scarier.  I'm pretty sure I woke DH up and told him he needed to get the baseball bat.  IDK why, he sleeps with a machete under the bed.

So, anyway, I'm tired and a little stabby today.  I found a $150 AmEx GC in my wallet, though, so outlook has significantly improved over an hour ago.  Got some new work pants and a purse out of the deal, but I didn't find the insurance card I was looking for...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

Re: It's Wednesday

• I'm sorry about your scary nightmares - I always find it really difficult to fall back asleep after I wake up from a nightmare. 

That gift card find is pretty sweet though!!

I'm exhausted and out of sorts today; we had really high winds last night and I kept waking up to either strong gusts of wind outside our bedroom or things blowing around in the street. Then this morning when I went to warm up my car I lost my balance (for no apparent reason) getting into the car and hit my head hard in two places. 

On the plus side, it's Wednesday, which means the chef at work makes custom omelettes. Egg whites and all the veggies. Yum. 
  • @AtomicBlonde  nightmares are awful :( have you started taking anything or changed anything that could cause them? Yay for finding a gc though :)

@sparklepants41 owchie! Make sure you do something for that head whack :\ no concussion symptoms I hope!

Not much last night. I wanted to do my closet but didn't. Only ended up tossing 1 pair of pants that for some reason have white marks all over them? Idk ....
    I also repierced my right ear. It tends to close up if I don't wear earrings, so I used a good pair of earrings to redo it. MIL gave me some really cute earrings for xmas {WHICH I CAN'T FIND NOW} and I wanted to wear them.

Oh well. I found other earrings I can wear. I'm currently wearing sapphire mickey mouse earrings that I got when I was 12-ish in Disneyland :)

I've got another sinus headache and I think it's all this cold weather :( I had nothing over the holidays and while I was at home, so I think it's the physically going out part that my sinus' hate.
  • I just ordered two swimsuits.  I really want some new sundresses, but you know it's winter. 
  • In Chicago waiting to board my flight to NOLA. Exhausted since I've been up since 2:30, a good hour and a half before I needed to be. Hoping to sleep on this plane or catch a nap at the hotel. 

I feel you on the nightmares @AtomicBlonde, I've gotten them since I was a kid. I'm a terrible sleeper. I've done sleep studies (no apnea) and I track my sleep and I get very little good sleep. Eventually I'll go back to the sleep doctor but they always tell me "stay up later, remove distractions, exercise more/eat better". I do all those things and it doesn't change. Hope you get some rest!
  • It my day off and I need to go running around.  I'm currently watching This Is Us.  I seriously could go back to bed and knowing DH is upstairs sleeping doesn't help that thought.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    It my day off and I need to go running around.  I'm currently watching This Is Us.  I seriously could go back to bed and knowing DH is upstairs sleeping doesn't help that thought.  ;) 
    do it!
  • I'm stabby with you, @AtomicBlonde.  No nightmares, but just didn't get much sleep, even though I went to bed early.

First, it was too hot.  I wasted 20-30 minutes trying to fall asleep before finally getting up to turn on the A/C.  I slept well for about 3 hours.  Then I woke up at around 1:30 with my stomach bothering me.  Didn't get back to bed until 2:00ish.  Finally fell back asleep around 4:00, ugh.  But it wasn't a very deep sleep and I started a cycle of sleeping and waking up for a 20-60 seconds then falling back asleep.  Then the alarm goes off at 6:15AM (sigh).

Unfortunately, no found money yet today.  You beat me there, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger - thankfully no concussion! And to look on the bright side, I did hit both the left and right sides of my head. So if there are bumps/dents at least they will be symmetrical?
  • @sparklepants41  yay no concussion :) lol when whacking head, one must hit both sides ;)
  • @MissKittyDanger, I have always had particularly vivid dreams, and my recall on dreams is better than average (apparently).  I usually only get the really bad nightmares when I'm extremely stressed, although I had thought my stress levels were dropping.  I've been eating a ton more fruit than usual, haha, that's really my only change.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @AtomicBlonde  ah fair enough. My dreams are pretty vivid also, I had one dream that was so intense that nearly 4yrs later I still remember it!
    Maybe it's the fruit ;)
  • I got less than 4 hours of sleep last night, so feeling a bit tired and stabby. I'm a night owl, so staying up until 2:30 isn't a problem until I have to be up at 6am for work. I need to figure out a way to fall asleep before midnight - for some reason I've had issues falling asleep the last few nights. I'd be considerably more functional with the extra 2-3 hours of sleep.

I'm in the office so a nap isn't possible. 
  • I'm on the not enough sleep train with you all, but mine is because I'm up every 1-2 hours to pee.
  • I'm on the not enough sleep train with you all, but mine is because I'm up every 1-2 hours to pee.
    holding too much water ;)
    holding too much water ;)
    Every night I have a conversation with my bladder like this:

Bladder: HEY!! Wake up! I need to pee!
    Me: No, you don't go back to sleep.
    B: Yes I do! If you don't wake up right now, I'll go in the bed!
    M: FINE! 
    B: Hurry up! I'm not going to make it!
    M: I'm waddling as fast as I can!
         Get to toilet, hurriedly pull down panties and sit down as it feels as if I'm about to flood the floor only to get trickle trickle.
    M: See! I told you you didn't have to go. Now let me sleep!
    B: Hey...you're the one that had that sip of water 4 hours ago.

• I'm with all you ladies who are tired and a bit stabby. I didn't sleep well last night because my back has been hurting me. I woke up to pee or because I was uncomfortable probably 4 or 5 times. I'm also a night owl, so I stayed up later than I should have. I need to get in the habit of going to bed earlier somehow.

I'm glad it's Wednesday at least. We're halfway there, girls! I think DH is coming home for a visit this weekend if the weather is bad. If not, I'll probably make a little day trip down to Atlanta to see him. I'm just glad that he's close enough for us to have that option :)

Sorry about your nightmares, Atomic. I have always been a super vivid dreamer, and I almost always remember my dreams. I've gone through seasons of nightmares, too, and it's the worst.

• I need to win the lottery or something, so I can justify buying this purse. This is amazing: 

I want the T-rex too:

• I've actually had a decent night's sleep last night.  Opposite of most here today.  
    I am WFH today though.  Poor Betsey has been responding poorly to her medicine for the lyme's disease.  She has been throwing up her dinner the last few days.  She did get her final dose of medicine this morning, so hopefully she will begin to get back to normal.  But I did take her to the vet this morning just to make sure she is ok.  He thinks its because of her medicine and her standard scavenging of grass and other crap off the ground in the backyard.  Usually its ok, but the medicine has caused her to have issues with it now. The vet gave her some anti-nausea medicine since she otherwise checked out ok.  Hopefully that's all it is and she gets on the way towards putting on more weight.  Poor girl is down to 64 pounds and she measured close to 80 during the summer when we took her to the orthapedic vet.

Nothing big last night, SSDD.

Tonight I'm going to a yoga class and H wants to layout some tile in the bathroom, so we can be ready to lay it for good over the weekend.  
  • *Barbie* said:
    I need to win the lottery or something, so I can justify buying this purse. This is amazing: 

I want the T-rex too:

OMG that balloon unicorn purse is adorable. I need it.
  • I've actually had a decent night's sleep last night.  Opposite of most here today.  
    I am WFH today though.  Poor Betsey has been responding poorly to her medicine for the lyme's disease.  She has been throwing up her dinner the last few days.  She did get her final dose of medicine this morning, so hopefully she will begin to get back to normal.  But I did take her to the vet this morning just to make sure she is ok.  He thinks its because of her medicine and her standard scavenging of grass and other crap off the ground in the backyard.  Usually its ok, but the medicine has caused her to have issues with it now. The vet gave her some anti-nausea medicine since she otherwise checked out ok.  Hopefully that's all it is and she gets on the way towards putting on more weight.  Poor girl is down to 64 pounds and she measured close to 80 during the summer when we took her to the orthapedic vet.

Tonight I'm going to a yoga class and H wants to layout some tile in the bathroom, so we can be ready to lay it for good over the weekend.  

As long as the medicine works for her lyme disease, that is the main thing.  Sorry to hear it hasn't agreed with her, at least today was the last day.

Speaking of backyard scavengers, two years ago during Fall, our dog started throwing up every few days.  She'd be happy and right as rain...throw up...and went right back to looking just fine.    We were just starting to move from "nbd, dogs sometimes upset their tummies" to "maybe we should take her to the vet", when my H figured out what was going on.  One day, he noticed her eating nuts that had fallen to the ground from our neighbor's tree.  "Izzers!  What are you doing crazy girl?  Those are making you sick, smh."

So now we have to sweep up the nuts during Fall.  At least it didn't require a vet visit.

FYI, all nuts are toxic for dogs, but some are worse than others.  Fortunately, these weren't too bad.  Macademia nuts are usually deadly.  I'm probably a little too fanatical, but I won't even keep macademias in my house.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Hugs for you and Betsey. Hopefully she's just trying to get used to the medication and after a while her nausea will subside and she'll start putting weight back on. Poor pup.
  • As long as the medicine works for her lyme disease, that is the main thing.  Sorry to hear it hasn't agreed with her, at least today was the last day.

Speaking of backyard scavengers, two years ago during Fall, our dog started throwing up every few days.  She'd be happy and right as rain...throw up...and went right back to looking just fine.    We were just starting to move from "nbd, dogs sometimes upset their tummies" to "maybe we should take her to the vet", when my H figured out what was going on.  One day, he noticed her eating nuts that had fallen to the ground from our neighbor's tree.  "Izzers!  What are you doing crazy girl?  Those are making you sick, smh."

So now we have to sweep up the nuts during Fall.  At least it didn't require a vet visit.

FYI, all nuts are toxic for dogs, but some are worse than others.  Fortunately, these weren't too bad.  Macademia nuts are usually deadly.  I'm probably a little too fanatical, but I won't even keep macademias in my house.

Not true. Peanuts, Hazelnuts, and cashews are good for dogs. 
  • Just when I thought things might be okay at work after the sale of the hotel, I get hit with a whammy.  With the new federal overtime law I have been re-classified as non-exempt.  So I now have to maintain time sheets (thankfully I don't actually have to punch in and out at least.)  And the powers that be be took my salary and converted it to an hourly wage based on a 45 hour work week, so I have to work 5 hours of OT every week for my pay to remain the same.  Lunch is included as paid time so it's not quite as bad, but the net effect is that I have to plan on being in the office until 5:30 every day instead of 5.  I am here until at least that time most days anyway just to get work done, but it rankles that it is now required or I take a pay cut.

Oh, and since my salary calculation includes 5 hours of time-and-a-half, I now make the exact same hourly wage as I did before my major promotion 8 months ago.  :/

• FYI, all nuts are toxic for dogs, but some are worse than others.  Fortunately, these weren't too bad.  Macademia nuts are usually deadly.  I'm probably a little too fanatical, but I won't even keep macademias in my house.

peanuts are legumes, not nuts. 
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017

As long as the medicine works for her lyme disease, that is the main thing.  Sorry to hear it hasn't agreed with her, at least today was the last day.

Did you know cashews and pistachios are related to poison ivy?  And mangoes...  So if you're allergic to poison ivy, you're probably also allergic to cashews, pistachios, and mangoes.

--Philip Pullman

• *Barbie* said:

I realize that but most people consider them nuts. 
  • *Barbie* said:

That DOES make sense!  I've read in a number of places that all nuts are toxic (though now I will do more research), but never made the connection that PB is a common treat that dogs consume just fine.

Why must the English language be so confusing?  It is called a peaNUT.  So, of course I'm surprised to find out today that it is actually a legume (thanks @*Barbie*).

Y'all, you sent me down the Google rabbit hole.  Apparently, almonds and walnuts aren't nuts or legumes.  They are drupes.  A word I must admit, I have never heard.  Here is a link to the "fascinating" differences between nuts, legumes, and drupes:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/12/22/difference-between-nuts-legumes-and-drupes/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone!

Life has been a little crazy.  Work is still going well.  We have friends from OOT so we have been going out to eat and skiing.  Skiing has been okay.  It's been pretty windy and lots of avalanche alerts, so some of the lifts have been closed as a result.

Had sort-of a health scare.   I've been having a lot of chest pain lately.  Not severe, but annoying just the same.  Started a few weeks ago.   Had a physical scheduled for next week and was just trying to wait until then, but for the last 5 days it's been consistent so I went in today.   I didn't think it was a heart attack, but my symptoms were like a few different things including heart attack.  It seems it might be GI related.  Taking heartburn pills for the next days.  If it continues then we will move on to other tests.

Most awkward part of my doctor's appointment was when the RN walked in, saw my work sweatshirt and asked if I was the owner. I said no, but I'm a manger up there.  She said "were you the one who fired my daughter".   You see her daughter was fired for being late often and then clocking-in and taking a long lunch.   The final straw was when she came in late and then demanded to be able to take lunch.  Then screamed at her manager, in front of the owners and  guests.  

Mom thinks she just yelled at her co-workers in front of guests.  Not sure she even knows how late she was and she was eating on the clock.  Mom/RN kept asking how her daughter can get her job back.   Umm, how about talking about me okay??? 

It should be noted daughter's schedule was 11am until about 3:30-4pm (depends on when the cleaning is done).   Her, along with all the part-timers are invited to come up at 10:30 for lunch.  They are given up to $24 per day for lunch.  It does not carry over to the next day if you don't use it all, nor do you get to keep any money you do not use.   You also have to work at least 3 days a week in order to get the ski pass that is worth some $2,400.      We are the busiest from 11am until 2.  She was coming in after 11, then taking lunch on the clock.  It doesn't really help us.

Today I'm taking it easy.  Meeting everyone else up later for Apres ski.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • OMG @lyndausvi that sounds really scary! I'm so glad you are having your physician check it out - and hopefully it is just GI-related.

That is super awkward (and inappropriate, I might add) of that RN. Yeesh. 
  • Just when I thought things might be okay at work after the sale of the hotel, I get hit with a whammy.  With the new federal overtime law I have been re-classified as non-exempt.  So I now have to maintain time sheets (thankfully I don't actually have to punch in and out at least.)  And the powers that be be took my salary and converted it to an hourly wage based on a 45 hour work week, so I have to work 5 hours of OT every week for my pay to remain the same.  Lunch is included as paid time so it's not quite as bad, but the net effect is that I have to plan on being in the office until 5:30 every day instead of 5.  I am here until at least that time most days anyway just to get work done, but it rankles that it is now required or I take a pay cut.

Oh, and since my salary calculation includes 5 hours of time-and-a-half, I now make the exact same hourly wage as I did before my major promotion 8 months ago.  :/

Seriously SMH.  That is just so many levels of bulls**t, I'm mad for you.

However they want to slice it, that's a big pay cut because of the lowered hourly wage.  I mean, a typical work week is 40 hours, so where is this working your previous salary out over 45 hours coming from?  Ruthless, unadulterated corporate greed.  That's where it is coming from!

If I remember correctly, you are keeping your eyes open for other opportunities.  I hope a much better paying one comes along soon.  And when I gave my 2-week notice, I'd point blank let them know I was leaving because they cut my hourly wage by X%.

Wedding Countdown Ticker