Wedding Reception Forum

What would you call this? Non-traditional wedding party dinner

Background: We didn't want to begin our married life in debt so we chose the City Hall route. Trust me, I'm not the pretty princess bride type either.

We got married at City Hall in Manhattan with our immediate family present then went out to a wonderful dinner afterwards. It was perfect and I would never have it any other way.  Going into it, we planned to have a party with our friends and extended family a year later.  We're not looking for gifts and we're not looking to re-enact the wedding (no ceremony, speeches, etc).  We just want to celebrate with our friends and family because we couldn't afford to host a wedding reception when we got married. (We're paying for everything ourselves - no parents help).

Question: What would you call this party on the invitation? Most of our friends and family already know we're married. We want people to know we're celebrating our marriage. We're aiming for an outdoors, casual, backyard, romantic dinner style party.

Re: What would you call this? Non-traditional wedding party dinner

• Background: We didn't want to begin our married life in debt so we chose the City Hall route. Trust me, I'm not the pretty princess bride type either.

We got married at City Hall in Manhattan with our immediate family present then went out to a wonderful dinner afterwards. It was perfect and I would never have it any other way.  Going into it, we planned to have a party with our friends and extended family a year later.  We're not looking for gifts and we're not looking to re-enact the wedding (no ceremony, speeches, etc).  We just want to celebrate with our friends and family because we couldn't afford to host a wedding reception when we got married. (We're paying for everything ourselves - no parents help).

Question: What would you call this party on the invitation? Most of our friends and family already know we're married. We want people to know we're celebrating our marriage. We're aiming for an outdoors, casual, backyard, romantic dinner style party.

This is easy! A Celebration of Marriage Party. Sounds fun! 
  • Anniversary Party
    *********************************************************************************

• I think Anniversary or Celebration of Marriage are both okay here.  I personally like anniversary if you are close to your original wedding date.
  • Anniversary celebration.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Anniversary celebration or party.
  • Anniversary party! I would happily attend one for a friend who had a small wedding (or if I wasn't invited). I would also bring a gift, but please don't register or make any mention of gifts.
  • It's an anniversary party. Hope you have fun. :)
  • Anniversary party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14