Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

BHLDN -- Ginger Convertable bridesmaid dress for sale -- Twobirds charcoal

Looking to sell my BHLDN Ginger Convertable Bridesmaid dress by Twobirds -- Charcoal size A. Worn in one wedding, brand new!! Asking $250 

Re: BHLDN -- Ginger Convertable bridesmaid dress for sale -- Twobirds charcoal

• Options
    Typically if a dress has been worn it generally starts at 50% of the current retail new purchase price. If you have worn it once that means you have been in it for several hours (dancing, sweating and eating in it) and been through dry cleaning (which is tough on delicate fabrics). I would start this at $90 as a new size A is $180. 
  • Options
    Do you people just troll wedding blogs all day? If you're not interested, don't worry about it.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Do you people just troll wedding blogs all day? If you're not interested, don't worry about it.
    How rude!  We get a lot of vendors, especially on this board.  If you want to sell a dress through The Knot, then you should post on the Wedding Classifieds board below.  The other posters are correct about your price and your merchandise description.  Your dresses are not "brand new", and your price should reflect this.
    I wore a used sample wedding dress at my own wedding, long ago.  I paid about 70% less than the original price.  I also have a prized collection of Hermes silk scarves in my closet.  I paid about 25% of the original retail price ($400!), even if they were only worn once or twice by the previous owner.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    You sound like the troll here. Stiffing some unknowing buyer ain't cool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Good luck with your crappily priced used dress!

• Options
    You're not entitled to a certain percentage back on your purchase price. Just because you paid $310 when charcoal was in season doesn't mean someone needs to pay you $250 for your dress.
  • Options
    The bride probably convinced them that $310 wasn't unreasonable for a BM dress because they would be able to sell them for $250. So really, they were only going to be paying $60 for the dress. Yeah, right.
  • Options
    Looking to sell my BHLDN Ginger Convertable Bridesmaid dress by Twobirds -- Charcoal size A. Worn in one wedding, brand new!! Asking $250 
    pgcp said:
    My favorite part is when she liked the dress showing that it is indeed on sale right now and people can get it for less than she is asking. 
  • Options
    You're clearly feeling defensive, but if you could choose between paying $250 for a used dress or $180 for that same dress brand new, which would you choose?