Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

How's it going? 

Yesterday was pretty glorious.  I didn't do much.  It was nice. 

Back at it today.  I'm kind of obsessed with my smartwatch and app.  Especially the sleep tracking.  Other than that, SSDD. I just wish I had more bacon right now.  

Re: Tuesday!

• I got a Fitbit Charge for Christmas and its made me obsessed too.  Mainly with sleep tracking, I sleep terrible and this shows me exactly how bad.  I have so many periods of awake and restless that its no wonder I'm always so tired
  • I'm having a bagel this morning and if M knew there were seeds on it, he would probably smack it out of my hand. So here's hoping I'm fine lol {I also tried to scrape a good amount of the seeds off, just in case}

My dr called me yesterday, so I have to go for a follow up to my emerg visit. That's next Wednesday, and only good thing is that since it's later in the morning I can sleep in a bit :)

Last night wasn't much. I felt sick, so I had zero appeal to eat.

M's new laptop is likely coming in today, and the weather fucking sucks ....
  • I have meetings all afternoon and I'm already not looking forward to them.  Ah, well--I guess that's why they call it work.

Sun is finally out again, so that's nice to see.  Wooz is on a field trip to see Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook at the children's theater, so she was excited for that.  When she is at art class tonight, DS and I are hopping over to Target to pick out valentines for his classroom exchange.

I put an Italian-style beef stew in the crock pot this morning, so when we get home, the house should smell awesome.
  • Apparently, I have a vitamin D deficiency, which may or may not explain my uncharacteristic exhaustion, stabbiness, and blues (the doctor refuses to speculate, but ze Google sez perhaps).  Hopefully with a supplement, I can get my levels back to normal and start feeling more normal.  It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to pull more and more of the "DH Emergency Meals" I prepped (JIC I get called in to work crazy hours) out of the freezer because I don't have the energy to grocery shop or cook, so crossing my fingers this resolves the issue.  Tonight is a cheesy beefy tortellini that I am hoping gets us through the rest of the week (sorry, DH).

@mrsconn23, I always wish I had more bacon.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @MissKittyDanger I want to drive up there and kick your ass or throw a donut at you, whatever it is you Canadians do to smack some sense into another person.  If you want to try and cheat and see what you can handle, at least wait until you've recovered from your hospital stay.

I'm at home waiting for a furnace repairman.  Because it broke again.  Thankfully, we still have the space heater I borrowed from work because I got cold in here last night!
  • @kimmiinthemitten  I'm giggling at work at the donut comment :') <3 majority of the seeds were taken off, so it was at most 10 seeds. I had pickles last week and no reaction to the seeds {because I forgot it had seeds ...}
  • @AtomicBlonde A few years ago I went into the doctor and told him I was just too damn tired all the time.  He did a bunch of bloodwork and I had a really low reading of Vit D (I think regular was 20-30 and I was 7).  I'm not even kidding, I felt better almost instantly after starting the supplement.  More energy that lasted longer and my insomnia nearly disappeared which was a goddamn relief.  Now, when I forget my supplement for a few days in a row, I can always tell.  I hope it helps you as much as it does me.  

Just for interest:  My grandmother and aunt and I all started talking one time.  All 3 of us had major Vit D deficiencies.  Then, grandma goes into the doctor where they start discussing w/her the links that are being discovered between Vit D deficiencies and Alzheimers, which also runs in our family.  She told them, "Wait...here's the thing."  So now, our family doctor recommended our family into some program that is tracking Vit D levels and Alzheimers.  I've been remiss in turning in info w/my lack of healthcare this year, but I intend to start it back up as soon as I can.

This job is killing me.  It's a pretty high stress/pressure job and I'm just not used to it.  I'm having some problems getting organized, but I'm hoping to get there soon.  Other than that, SSDD.
  • @VarunaTT  that's an interesting study! I wonder how they came to the possible cross between the 2, was it mentioned?
  • @MissKittyDanger I *think* (and it's been a couple of years since I first found out about it) that it was an experiment in Australia that started everything.  IIRC, someone noticed that Alzheimers patients had low vit D and gave them a massive dose of it.  There was both immediate results in cognition and memory function and, I want to say, they were also able to see improvement in brain scans?  Since then, the medical field has been doing more experimenting/tracking to try and find out if it's really a connection or not.  I haven't stayed up with it very well in about probably....at least 2 years, maybe more.  I used to have a newsalert set up for it.
  • @VarunaTT there are studies tying Vit D deficiency to breast cancer too. My doctor and I have discussed possibly putting me into a study for that as well.
  • edited January 2017

Morning WW.

Jackie and Rayna woke me up at 4 am to go outside. I'm assuming they heard something in the yard. I could hardly get them to come back inside. There have been reports of packs of coyotes in my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods, which makes me super nervous to let them out after dark. But those damn dogs are relentless and there's no way they would have shut up if I hadn't let them out. Once they got inside, I laid back down and spent forever trying to fall back asleep- only to have dreams about coyotes. Ugh.

Today is our quarterly meeting at work. Which basically means all of our offices come together and pretend to be nice and encouraging and then turn around and talk about everyone behind their backs. I can't wait. 

Also, this means that ex-mistress will be receiving her plaque for "winning" employee of the quarter. So we're all going to have to pretend to be happy for her and listen to everyone fawn over how great she is even though she's the worst. Sigh. at least it gets me out of work for a few hours.

ETA words

• @VarunaTT  @kimmiinthemitten  seems vitamin deficiency is linked to a lot more than most would know!
  • Good morning.      I've been sick for the last 3 days.    At least I'm off today.  It's snowing pretty good, so it's a nice day to cuddle up  on the sofa and watch cheesy movies.

Work is still going well.  They say we have never been busier.  Which is awesome.   My skiing is getting better.   Time to trade in the rentals skis for something bigger.

Random awkward encounter on Saturday.   So it was our day for Gay Ski week (there are 4 mountains they rotate between the mountains).   We all dress up in rainbow colors, fun hats, etc.    Didn't look like my standard work self.

I went down stairs to use the restroom.  These are in a remote area, most people use the restrooms on the main floor.   There was a guy sitting in the chair outside the men's room.  He was all "oh, la,la. pretty lady".  I smiled, said thank you and went into the women's room.     I was sitting in the stall when all the sudden I heard "hey pretty lady, do you want to go out?".  The guy opened the women's room door to proposition me.

:open_mouth:  

I'm just sitting there, like is this really happening?      I was like sorry I'm married.   He said "that is okay, so am I".   I said "no thank you" and he left.   I have to say it's the first time I've been propositioned sitting on a john.   He was gone by the time I left the room.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Whoa @lyndausvi.  That's crazy.  
  • Yeah, it was a weird.  There was another woman in the restroom too.   She looked pretty confused.   Pretty sure she was a foreigner, so she might not have understood the conversation.     Just that some guy was trying to communicate with the main door being open.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi that is SO weird. 

I'm exhausted! I woke up at 3 to pee, then Mouse woke up but fell back to sleep before we could feed him, then he woke up at 4, H gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep, I woke up at 5 to go to the bathroom, Mouse had a dream at 5:30 that was apparently pretty hilarious because he was cracking up in his sleep, Mouse woke up for good at 6:30. 

I offended a couple women on a mommy page on facebook last night by using the words vagina and penis. The OP was insinuating that her ex was inappropriately touching their 7 year old daughter by using his finger instead of a q-tip to apply some medication to her labia, but she called it her "no no spot." I don't know how I feel about that, but I did comment in general that it's important to teach children the proper names for their genitals because child molesters have gotten off charges because their victim didn't know their "no no spot" was their vagina. The use of medical terminology was apparently too graphic.
  • @VarunaTT, I don't actually know what my levels were (but now I'm curious!), just that they're low enough to constitute a deficiency.  I have vitiligo so I avoid sun exposure like the plague, which has always put me at higher risk for a VitD deficiency, but this is the first time anyone has ever told me I have a deficiency, so I wonder if I've ever actually had my levels tested before.  I will be curious to see if/when I start feeling better how it compares to what I think is normal.

I am glad to hear that the supplements work for you!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @lyndausvi, that is super weird and creepy.  I'm glad he was gone by the time you left.

@DrillSergeantCat, aaahhh...now I'm having a cute vision of a sleeping, but laughing, baby.  And "eye rolls" and "ughs" to the offended women on your FB group.  God forbid you give them great advice.  Not to mention, I think it's okay to use "cutesy names" some of the time, as long as children (even young children) also know the appropriate terminology.  Not sure what is so outlandish about that, smh.

That's all very interesting about Vitamin D.  I had a doctor a few years ago who prescribed me a Vit. D supplement, but then she took me back off of it later.  I need to get bloodwork done in April.  I'd like to get that checked again (must remember to call my doctor's office).  They might check it anyway.  It's always a long list of tests (sigh), lol.

The first time I went to fill my Vit. D prescription, it was more money than I was expecting.  So I told the pharmacist I was going to go take a look at the over the counter options.  Whoa!!!  To get the same strength, I would have had to take 20-30 "over the counter" Vit. D pills.  Every week.  Needless to say, I scurried back to fill the prescription, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm home sick again today.  I probably could have gone in, now seeing how I feel, but I booked the sub last night.  Hopefully I will  be motivated enough to send some papers into Journals for submissions.  My supervisor has been on my case about it (and fair enough, cos I forgot to do it over my Christmas break)

We also have a PD tomorrow morning, so this will make 2/5 days of sub plans.  Ugh.  I'm thinking I'm going to bring in TimBits Thursday for my main class since they've been trying to work through new stuff on their own for 3 days in a row now with little guidance.  

• Holy shit, @lyndausvi! Boundaries much? 

Today I had to prep a team for a project interview - getting them focused was really difficult. But they've been out of the interview for half an hour so I am excited to hear how it went! I want to win all the jobs, but especially this one.

I'm in training tomorrow through Friday afternoon, so the rest of today will be spent catching up on stuff and also putting in a request for a disqualification fr trial juror service because I served on Grand Jury in October - seriously: it's the same freaking county, the same freaking courthouse. JFC do they not keep records?! 

All I have to say is my request better be accepted or else they are going to have fun with a woman who is 25 weeks pregnant in May when I have to serve again. 
  • Holy shit, @lyndausvi! Boundaries much? 

Today I had to prep a team for a project interview - getting them focused was really difficult. But they've been out of the interview for half an hour so I am excited to hear how it went! I want to win all the jobs, but especially this one.

I'm in training tomorrow through Friday afternoon, so the rest of today will be spent catching up on stuff and also putting in a request for a disqualification fr trial juror service because I served on Grand Jury in October - seriously: it's the same freaking county, the same freaking courthouse. JFC do they not keep records?! 

All I have to say is my request better be accepted or else they are going to have fun with a woman who is 25 weeks pregnant in May when I have to serve again. 
    "Is there any reason you cannot serve on this jury?"
    "Do you have ANY idea how hormones work?"
  • @short+sassy that page is worse than the majority of the knottie#'s here. They're just seeking validation not actual advice and if you say anything to the contrary, they say you're rude and bashing. For instance, yesterday a woman said that her ex has custody of their daughter and she just gave birth to another man's baby and has decided to be a SAHM. She wanted to know how to go about stopping her (very minimal) child support payments for the older child. When people, rightfully, told her that was a shitty thing to do and that she needed to continue paying (in much nicer terms than that), they were told, "She just wants advice, not rude remarks bashing her." 
  • Very interesting about the Vitamin D thing.  Maybe I should bring this up to my doctor?  I feel tired all the time too. I usually like blaming it on winter, but it's been a very mild "winter" this year for us in Chicago.

@Lyndausvi, that is a crazy story!  At least you got a good laugh out of it!

I'm getting fed up with the appliance repair shop that has a part for my oven.  I keep giving them days that DH is off from work and they can install it but they keep saying 'sorry, no, we're not in the area the day.  How about ___?"
    How about I work from 9-5 and I'm giving you MULTIPLE days (he gets 2 days off in a row) and well over a week in advance.  How about you work with me on this? I'm at the point, where I'm getting along without an oven anyway.  Have been for over a month now! 

• @short+sassy that page is worse than the majority of the knottie#'s here. They're just seeking validation not actual advice and if you say anything to the contrary, they say you're rude and bashing. For instance, yesterday a woman said that her ex has custody of their daughter and she just gave birth to another man's baby and has decided to be a SAHM. She wanted to know how to go about stopping her (very minimal) child support payments for the older child. When people, rightfully, told her that was a shitty thing to do and that she needed to continue paying (in much nicer terms than that), they were told, "She just wants advice, not rude remarks bashing her." 

The word "deadbeat" isn't just for dads who don't pay child support ;).

Here is her advice.  Get whoever is supporting her (I'm assuming b/f) to also pay for her child support.  Or, if they don't want to do that...cause I wouldn't (and don't)...than she can get a small p/t job that will be enough to pay for the support she owes for HER CHILD.  That she chose to bring into this world and has a responsibility toward.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I don't understand why people have children that they can't or won't support. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Here is her advice.  Get whoever is supporting her (I'm assuming b/f) to also pay for her child support.  Or, if they don't want to do that...cause I wouldn't (and don't)...than she can get a small p/t job that will be enough to pay for the support she owes for HER CHILD.  That she chose to bring into this world and has a responsibility toward.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I don't understand why people have children that they can't or won't support. 

Oh god, she's terrible on so many levels.  And going back to court over child support could open a whole new can of worms, too. If she's the one who's been ordered to pay, they could do new calculations (which, if you're not working, are based on what you *could* make IF you did work) and she could end up having to pay more.

And fuck those people who want to hold her hand and pat her head.  

Signed,

Someone raising and paying for a deadbeat person's child

(Not that we've ever really went after her...for a lot of reasons.  And we've never struggled because we didn't get the $50-60 every 2 weeks or whatever it is, but it doesn't make her less of a shitty person.  Thankfully, the kiddo seems minimally affected by her lack of presence in his life.) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @short+sassy that page is worse than the majority of the knottie#'s here. They're just seeking validation not actual advice and if you say anything to the contrary, they say you're rude and bashing. For instance, yesterday a woman said that her ex has custody of their daughter and she just gave birth to another man's baby and has decided to be a SAHM. She wanted to know how to go about stopping her (very minimal) child support payments for the older child. When people, rightfully, told her that was a shitty thing to do and that she needed to continue paying (in much nicer terms than that), they were told, "She just wants advice, not rude remarks bashing her." 

Oh god, she's terrible on so many levels.  And going back to court over child support could open a whole new can of worms, too. If she's the one who's been ordered to pay, they could do new calculations (which, if you're not working, are based on what you *could* make IF you did work) and she could end up having to pay more.

And fuck those people who want to hold her hand and pat her head.  

Signed,

Someone raising and paying for a deadbeat person's child

(Not that we've ever really went after her...for a lot of reasons.  And we've never struggled because we didn't get the $50-60 every 2 weeks or whatever it is, but it doesn't make her less of a shitty person.  Thankfully, the kiddo seems minimally affected by her lack of presence in his life.) 
    Yep.   My male friend was paying CS, based on an order from NC.   His ex moved to PA and went back to court to get more CS.    Well, PA and NC have different formulas.     My friend ended up having to pay LESS.   Oops on the ex. Good news my friend isn't an a-hole and he continued to pay the original amount form NC, then eventually added more as he started making more money.