Honeymoon Discussions

Thailand on a budget?

Has anyone been to Thailand?  Fi mentioned he was interested in going there, but I'm not sure it is in the budget.  Any advice appreciated. 

Re: Thailand on a budget?

• Thailand is really cheap once you get there. If you can find decently priced flights, it's so easy to stay within a budget. Use agoda(dot)com for finding hotels and you can fly within the country for cheap on their airlines or take a sleeper train (we did coach class and it was an experience lol). Seriously. It can be really cheap aside from the initial flights. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Flights to and from Thailand are long, expensive, and difficult.   Be sure that you really want to do this.

I, personally, was uncomfortable being the rich American tourist in a poor country.  This also bothered my husband, who walked around more than I did.  The Thai people are polite, devout, and with a fascinating culture, but seeing their standard of living can be shocking. The resorts are a world away from the local people.  If this doesn't bother you, then Thailand can be a great destination.

I preferred Bali.  I didn't see as much shocking poverty, and there was just as many cultural diversions, which is something I enjoy.  Great beaches in Bali, too.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg