Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid backout dilemma

Hi everyone, 

I am sorry if this is long winded.I been struggling with an issue ever since I asked my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids. When my fiance and I first got engaged I was so excited I jumped the gun with asking people to be in the wedding. I don't regret the ladies I picked, because I love them all dearly. My MOH is my sister, and my other bridesmaides are my two cousins whom I am very close with, my three best friends from college and a recent friend whom I met through my Fiance who I am very close with.(I know it is alot of ppl..). Now I didn't really care about even numbers but my fiance had picked 7 groomesmen he insisted he could not cut a single one of them and I understood. So I picked 7 girls who I felt the closest to at the time. The only problem is that i instantly regretted not asking one of my oldest friends even though we haven't seen or talked to each other very much over the past few years. But i thought asking an 8th oerson would have been even more over the top for numbers so I didn't ask. Now recently my one friend from college friends said she would not be able to make it to the wedding due to financial reasons i completely understood as she lives quite far away. I am now wondering if it would be awful or rude to ask my middle school friend to join the wedding party at this point if I explained the whole situation. (the wedding is in 5 months). I had already asked her to stay at the place we rented out for the wedding party before the bridesmaid dropped out and I feel like we have been talking alot more lately and she means the world to me. I just don't want to offend her or my bridesmaid that dropped out. I also would mention to both that if my friend was somehow able to make it(she said if things change she would ket me know) that i would still have her up there with me too. Please let me know what ya'll think!

Re: Bridesmaid backout dilemma

• Options
    Hi everyone, 

I am sorry if this is long winded.I been struggling with an issue ever since I asked my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids. When my fiance and I first got engaged I was so excited I jumped the gun with asking people to be in the wedding. I don't regret the ladies I picked, because I love them all dearly. My MOH is my sister, and my other bridesmaides are my two cousins whom I am very close with, my three best friends from college and a recent friend whom I met through my Fiance who I am very close with.(I know it is alot of ppl..). Now I didn't really care about even numbers but my fiance had picked 7 groomesmen he insisted he could not cut a single one of them and I understood. So I picked 7 girls who I felt the closest to at the time. The only problem is that i instantly regretted not asking one of my oldest friends even though we haven't seen or talked to each other very much over the past few years. But i thought asking an 8th oerson would have been even more over the top for numbers so I didn't ask. Now recently my one friend from college friends said she would not be able to make it to the wedding due to financial reasons i completely understood as she lives quite far away. I am now wondering if it would be awful or rude to ask my middle school friend to join the wedding party at this point if I explained the whole situation. (the wedding is in 5 months). I had already asked her to stay at the place we rented out for the wedding party before the bridesmaid dropped out and I feel like we have been talking alot more lately and she means the world to me. I just don't want to offend her or my bridesmaid that dropped out. I also would mention to both that if my friend was somehow able to make it(she said if things change she would ket me know) that i would still have her up there with me too. Please let me know what ya'll think!
    Just an FYI, if you are going to post the same text on multiple boards, put an XP (cross post) in your subject.

I answered you on etiquette. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, 

Just an FYI, if you are going to post the same text on multiple boards, put an XP (cross post) in your subject.

I answered you on etiquette. 
    Me too.