Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

edited February 2017 in Wedding Woes
Hello and Good Morning! 
How was the weekend? 

I got a fair amount done on my To Do List this weekend, got a manicure and a pedicure with a couple friends yesterday, oh - and the Pats FLUFFY UNICORNS won their 5th SUPER BOWL RING  SPARKLY RAINBOW CROWN!!!!

That game was crazy! The first half was just atrocious. I mean the Falcons FIRE BREATHING DRAGONS are a formidable opponent, but I really did not envision us sucking that bad. Lady Gaga KILLED it during the Halftime Show - and now I have her greatest hits on rotation in my head (that's actually kind of annoying me lol). I wish she had sung Perfect Illusion, however. Oh well. 

H and I are exhausted this morning because we didn't go to bed until 11:45 (I slept for the entire 3rd Quarter and part of the 4th Quarter last night - whoops). We are working from home today because I have an ultrasound and a bunch of testing at Maternal Fetal Medicine this afternoon. He is listening to sports radio while we are working, which is annoying, but at least I can randomly belt out Poker Face or Just Dance to get him back  ;)

What's on tap for all of you lovely ladies today?

Edited my post to make @charlotte989875's Monday less Monday-ish.

Re: Monday!

• Options
    Long time Pats-hater here, being a Colts fan and all.  But even when the Falcons were up 21-0 in the 1st, I looked at MrConn and said, "The Pats are closers."  I loved Lady Gaga's performance.  Best in years, especially after last year's lame-a-thon with Coldplay.   She also announced her tour, which I'd love to go see her, but I'm sure the tix will be $$$. 

Weekend was pretty good. 

Our friends came over Friday and the guys watched TV while my friend and I worked on our project.  I got a little drunky-drunk.  I'm bad at counting how many I've had when I'm with friends.  So I always am at the tipping point and forget to back-off.  Thankfully, I remember ibuprofen and water. 

Saturday, no headache, just my stomach was a little off.  Nothing cold pizza didn't fix.  I had to work.  The boys went to hang with FIL, who's having major dental work done in stages, so he's been laying low.  I stayed home and watched the documentary about the guy the movie "Party Monster" was based on and then watched the latest Nicholas Sparks, since I was feeling something sappy.  

Yesterday, I got up and worked some OT.  I went to the store.  The boys came home.  I made a frillion snacks.  The one I'm most proud of is the skillet taco dip I threw together.  The rest of the day, I was parked on the couch watching the show. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 - this year's halftime show definitely was way better than last year's snoozefest! Don't get me wrong - I love me some Coldplay, but that's not what I want to listen to when I want to get hyped up. 

• Options
    I hate the Patriots, I hate Tom Brady, I hate Bill Belichick, and I hate that I have to listen to Pats fans rejoicing today. 
    I altered my post so your Monday would suck less.  
    That's beautiful. Thank you. 
  • Options
    @sparklepants41, have fun at your ultrasound today!

I really didn't care about the Super Bowl this year.  And not in an "Oh, is that some sort of sportsball thing?" way.  I just didn't care about the Patriots or the Falcons, and had a hard time mustering any interest.

It was a tiring weekend.  We got through all the stuff we had to do Saturday.  Swim registration for DS was yesterday and the system was down for like an hour.  Had lunch with my mom, who I learned is FB stalking me, so I was a little creeped out. Got home, and I was just tired.  Straightened up, made tacos, blah blah blah.

I need to find some energy somewhere, because coffee is not doing it today.  We are meeting in 5 minutes to review safety, which never has anything to do with office people anyway.  (Except that one time three years ago when one of the engineers had to get a wrist brace for carpal tunnel.)  Fifteen minutes of listening to reminders not to drive the forklifts too fast (which we aren't allowed to touch anyway), to always secure your load properly when using the hoist (ditto), and to lift with your legs, not your back (when you're getting something off the printer, I guess).  Me:

• Options
    Morning, all.  I am struggling to accept that it's Monday again, but at least Twiggy let me sleep all the way up to my alarm this morning.  #smallvictories.

We picked out bookcases on Saturday, and I'm super excited to get them, but the logistics of that are proving problematic, since we don't have a truck or anything large enough for hauling shit.  DH has made it clear that his priority is a new car for him (which I can't REALLY argue with, since I'm convinced his is going to keel over at any moment, but my dad recently sold us one of his cars, so it's not like we'd be screwed), but the need for a truck is definitely growing.  But anyway.  Priorities.

Weekend was fairly quiet and uneventful.  Twiggy didn't run away when we left the dog door open this weekend, so we left the door open today.  Cautiously optimistic he won't jailbreak.  In an effort to cut back on our grocery store dependency (because it's starting to become a solid chore to run out for stupid shit like milk and bread), I made bread from scratch, and it turned out awesome, but is slightly too dense for sandwiches, so I need to figure out how to fix that.  

Or not.  That suddenly seems like equally as much effort as going to the store.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @Heffalump - I feel like if you have to sit through a safety review meeting about forklifts, that probably means you now have the go-ahead to race them after hours (not too fast though - Safety First!)  :p
  • Options
    Friday we did groceries. We went to a different place and I kinda regret going because I feel we spent more than we would have on groceries. Still in budget, but I haven't spent that much in months. Grr.

I did get to price a box of newborn diapers. We've been reviewing budget before TTC so that way we know what to expect on things. It's a big life change, and I just want to be prepared for what I can {fyi - box of 186 diapers for $32.75 - i think it was on sale though}

Saturday we got up early so I could go for blood work and then picked up my mum and headed to the mall. She was going anyways and is looking for a rug, so if she got one we were gonna drive it to her place for her. She didn't find one sadly :(

M and I checked out a couple stores then headed home. Blood work always makes me tired, so I took a nap. Plus I'm a little sinus-y

Sunday wasn't much during the day. Took closet doors off in the office and put the litter box in there. Then brought up the trunk from garage and put it into the master bedroom closet. Still working on getting boxes into the basement.

I'm not a sports fan, but we went to a SuperBowl party. Everyone except maybe 1 or 2 were Falcon's fans - even the Pats fans aren't a fan of Brady.
    I barely watched lmao but Gaga got the whole group watching :)
    Damn that was an amazing half-time though! I've seen her live and she's amazing. Her mic fucked up when I saw her, but you could still hear her voice. She said "and that's proof I don't FUCKING LIP SYNC" :')

Anyways, tonight I'm likely just cleaning. M woke up at like 4:30am with horrible sinus pain, so he's home today. When I got up, I went around spraying lysol around because clearly we're both catching this virus and I don't want it to be picked up again!
  • Options
    Update: Not even 2 hours into the workday and H's sports radio is driving me nuts. I swear these guys' voices are going to make my ears bleed. I jokingly told H that I consider this type of background noise a hostile work environment.

I may have to start singing that Kars 4 Kids jingle if it persists. 
  • Options
    @Heffalump - I feel like if you have to sit through a safety review meeting about forklifts, that probably means you now have the go-ahead to race them after hours (not too fast though - Safety First!)  :p

Oh no, sparklepants.  No no no no no.  You should never drive a forklift faster than walking speed.  It's like you've never sat through a Safety Briefing.

To its credit, a) it truly was brief, and b) in my previous post, I neglected to mention the rules about not spraying paint without a respirator and staying out of confined spaces unless you have a permit.  So clearly, I'm not the safety know-it-all I thought I was.

My boss is in Mexico now.  By the time his trip is over, we may be at war or something, so who knows whether we'll ever see him again. 
  • Options
    Random question, does anyone else's spouse scare the absolute bejebus out of them?

M needs a gdamn bell! Yesterday I was in the shower, and our curtain is clear. I was rinsing off, and then realize he's at the fucking door!!
    Obv I scream - because that shit is terrifying! - then calm down when I hear him laughing.
    Yes. He thinks it's funny. I swear, he will get injured one day and I will not be sorry!! Gahhh

Also because I'm a little congested I tend to blow my nose in the shower {the steam helps clear it up} and it's gross. I ended up asking later if he heard me and he didn't. I told him that regardless if he knows I do it, I don't think he'd appreciate hearing/seeing it lmao
  • Options
    Update: Not even 2 hours into the workday and H's sports radio is driving me nuts. I swear these guys' voices are going to make my ears bleed. I jokingly told H that I consider this type of background noise a hostile work environment.

I may have to start singing that Kars 4 Kids jingle if it persists. 
    do it.
  • Options
    Random question, does anyone else's spouse scare the absolute bejebus out of them?

M needs a gdamn bell! Yesterday I was in the shower, and our curtain is clear. I was rinsing off, and then realize he's at the fucking door!!
    Obv I scream - because that shit is terrifying! - then calm down when I hear him laughing.
    Yes. He thinks it's funny. I swear, he will get injured one day and I will not be sorry!! Gahhh

Also because I'm a little congested I tend to blow my nose in the shower {the steam helps clear it up} and it's gross. I ended up asking later if he heard me and he didn't. I told him that regardless if he knows I do it, I don't think he'd appreciate hearing/seeing it lmao
    Yes, DH scared me so badly he made me cry once.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

Yes, DH scared me so badly he made me cry once.
    Oh no!! I'm assuming it was an accident?
    M scares me and he knows he has to duck because I swing.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger - everyone scares the beejeebus out of me. I am so jumpy - I have had to change the orientation of my workspaces just to ensure I don't sit with my back to a hallway. 
  • Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    @MissKittyDanger, no, it was intentional.  This was a few years ago, when Hiccup was still a puppy.  He was standing in the shadows and had the hood of his sweatshirt up because he was trying to get Hiccup to do her baby growl (she still hates hoods), and she was ignoring him because she was playing with her food.  I was in the kitchen, preparing Valentine's Day dinner (of all things!!!!!), and when he realized I had no idea he was there, he just stood there like a total fucking creeper in the shadows waiting for me to turn around.

Edited because English is hard today, apparently.

--Philip Pullman

• Options
    @sparklepants41  same. I don't watch horror movies for that reason.

@AtomicBlonde omg! I would have hit him our of fear, then anger!
  • Options
    Mr. Heff has definitely scared me before.  He's quiet.  I'll just be going about my business, I turn and BAM, there he is.  I scream and he's like "How did you not know I was here?"  I don't know, but I didn't, so aaaaaaahhhhhhh!
  • Options
    Mr. Pants has learned the hard way (blood-curdling screams and then sobbing LOL) not to sneak up on me. I'm hoping that once Beans is born I will develop those eyes in the back of my head my mom always told me about when I was a kid, and then I won't be as jumpy.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    Mr. Heff has definitely scared me before.  He's quiet.  I'll just be going about my business, I turn and BAM, there he is.  I scream and he's like "How did you not know I was here?"  I don't know, but I didn't, so aaaaaaahhhhhhh!
    This is what M does. I tell him he needs a damn bell!
  • Options

The weekend was pretty good.  I would have preferred a Falcons win, but whatever.

Friday, I don't even know what we did Friday night, so it must have been good!

Saturday morning, H was feeling well enough from his back and head cold for us to have some BCBC.  I skipped yoga just for it!  But I have since woken up on Sunday morning with congestion and a sore throat, so maybe we should have waited another day!  I told him I don't care because it had been so long between my illness and then his, I just needed it!

Saturday we cleaned the house up, went to Church, and had SILs birthday dinner with H's family.  We also finally exchanged Christmas gifts!  We got MIL crying with the necklace that I had bought her, which had a poem for grandmas in it.  She then kept it going by reading the card from our vet that had the Rainbow Bridge poem on it.  Even I knew not to read the poem when it came in!  I think she cried for like 10 minutes straight.  H had also shown her the ultrasound pic from Friday afternoon, which always makes her cry too. 

Sunday morning, I got in a yoga class.  I think I over did the one position cause my right thigh muscle has been bothering me since.  Hopefully it will heal quickly since I might be needing those muscles for pushing in a few more weeks!

I also finally got to Macy's to exchange my niece's pants from Christmas.  The pants were on special, so at least I didn't have to spend much more than the original pair I bought her.  H then folded a bunch of laundry and we took a wonderful afternoon nap!  Then it was over to my brother's house for the Super Bowl.

Tonight is another doctor's appointment for the baby.  We are up to every 2 weeks now and pretty soon starting with every week!  We are getting to the home stretch and we still haven't started her room yet!

• Options
    @charlotte989875, for you (and me) re: The Pats

Image may contain meme and text
  • Options
    Ha, my H is a giant lug.  He couldn't sneak up on a deaf/blind person.

We had a good weekend.  I can't remember what we did Friday, but Saturday we had dinner/bar night with friends.  I'm a night owl and he's not so our compromise is we both go out, he goes home when he's tired and I crash at our friends house.  At first I was a bit tentative but it really works out well for both of us, so I'm glad we found a way to make it work.

Yesterday we watched the game at FIL's house.  I'm so glad I married in a liberal family - it makes everything better.

My insomnia is back in full force though.  I watched 1 3/4 movies when we got home, and I was exhausted during the game.  It came back from the last rounds of meds (it was a side effect to the steroids) and it's just awful.  I just want to fall asleep!

At least this is a 4 day week for me!  My BFF and I are going to NYC Friday...can't wait!
  • Options
    Good luck at your appointment tonight, @OliveOilsMom!!!! When is your due date?
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten, have a great time in New York. What do you have lined up? 

@OliveOilsMom, when are you due??
  • Options

@OliveOilsMom, whare you due??
    Still nothing official haha.  We have the list from everyone here and some other friends plus the most up to date list from Eater.  A friend lives in NYC too so we'll meet up with her at some point as well.  Yesterday she found a website with last minute tickets so we're debating a show or tour or something.  I know I'd like to see Ground Zero, I don't think I want to do the museum though.
  • Options

@OliveOilsMom, whare you due??
    Still nothing official haha.  We have the list from everyone here and some other friends plus the most up to date list from Eater.  A friend lives in NYC too so we'll meet up with her at some point as well.  Yesterday she found a website with last minute tickets so we're debating a show or tour or something.  I know I'd like to see Ground Zero, I don't think I want to do the museum though.
    If you go to the back/south side there are really nice benches/places to sit that's much quieter than if you're right up front. Also, I lived a few blocks from there when it was first being rebuilt, I always stay downtown when I'm back, and I've still never been to the museum. 

I don't remember if I put this in your thread, but I went to a super hilarious UCB show last time I was there. And tickets were really cheap, so I highly recommend it, even if you're not really into comedy shows (I'm not and it still was great). 
  • Options
    I'm due March 20th, so I still have about a month & a half to go.  But its flying so quick!  Most people say it drags on, but not for me - so far anyway!  I even only have 4 weeks of work left!