Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Girl Scout Cookies

We're doing cupcakes for our dessert. I'm also a girl scout leader, and it's cookie season! I was thinking of offering girl scout cookies, but I can't think of a not weird way to display them. All of our cupcakes will be on one large tiered display. I thought about putting the cookies in pairs in a plastic bag and tying it with ribbon, but that seems time consuming as heck. Maybe a couple smaller tiered dessert stands on either side of the cupcakes?

Is this a dumb idea?

Re: Girl Scout Cookies

• I think you could do either- put them out on a platter or stand of sorts, or use them as favours in baggies.

I have a plate stand thingy-ma-jig that is 3 tiers (the stand itself is attached), and the tiers have a plate that sits on it. Something like that is good for cookies. Layer them on in rows, or pile them up like a pyramid!

Mmmmm.... cookies...
  • It won't take as long as you think to put them in baggies unless you are having a very large wedding.
  • Could do a box/guest as a favor!!  I'm all for that idea!!!  No tulle wrap necessary LOL...  Don't bag them up, it's too much work and at the end of the day, the cost of the bags and your time is more expensive than giving each guest a sleeve of Thin Mints...  

Really though, we had Girl Scout Cookies on a small plate on the tables for one of my showers, I'd just go that route, the Lemon or Thin Mints are great pallet cleansers between courses LOL...  Check with your caterer or just go to Walmart and get a saucer size plate to put on each table.  Less time to cut a pack open, spread randomly, and place on the table during your setup...
  • Hmm ok. So maybe putting them in bags isn't as much work as I thought! They really would make for a great favor, and people could swap flavors if they wanted. (Plus we're having an open house the next day, so any leftovers would, I assume, be taken care of!)
  • Heffalump said:
    We're doing cupcakes for our dessert. I'm also a girl scout leader, and it's cookie season! I was thinking of offering girl scout cookies, but I can't think of a not weird way to display them. All of our cupcakes will be on one large tiered display. I thought about putting the cookies in pairs in a plastic bag and tying it with ribbon, but that seems time consuming as heck. Maybe a couple smaller tiered dessert stands on either side of the cupcakes?

Is this a dumb idea?
    This is the furthest possible thing from a dumb idea.  I want all the cookies.

I'm with @SP29, I think either way could work.

Image result for girl scout cookies tiered stand
    Image result for girl scout cookies favors
    Ahh! The picture with one of each in the bag....I hadn't thought of that! I was thinking to put two of the same flavor in a bag, but combo bags might be a more fun idea. Thank you!
  • We have Canadian Girl Guide cookies (okay but not as great as US Girl Scout cookies) and I would love getting a combo as a favour.
  • I love this idea! The combo bags are really cute. If you don't end up doing as a favor, we had snickerdoodles for our groom's "cake" and just displayed them on cake stands.
  • I also love this. Seriously, who doesn't want more Girl Scout cookies in their lives?
  • I think a combo bag with all the flavors is the best bet. If not, you'll probably find people having to wait at the table while everyone takes a few minutes sorting through and messing up the pile trying to find the bag with their favorite kinds. I'd be the person looking for a bag with Samoas and Thin Mints. :p 
    Those are my favorites, too!
  • missfrodo said:
     If you do go with the plated route, make sure people know they can bring home extras in cupcake boxes (we had a lot of leftover cupcakes that went home with guests--everyone was stuffed from dinner and Oreos).
    We did similar with our dessert bar and only ended up with a cake box full of left-overs.  We had enough dessert for 200-250 people (easily lol) and only had about 75 in attendance...people love dessert and if you make it easy for them to take some home you won't have much left!
  • LOL you're all right, we likely won't have many left over cookies ;) I just added a few more boxes to our order haha!
  • edited February 2017
    scribe95 said:
    I might avoid the cookies with peanut butter in them due to peanut allergies being so prevalent.
    Good idea, or make some peanut-free packets (if you go the individual favors route). ETA: Make the peanut-free packets first.
  • scribe95 said:
    I might avoid the cookies with peanut butter in them due to peanut allergies being so prevalent.
    Good idea, or make some peanut-free packets (if you go the individual favors route). ETA: Make the peanut-free packets first.
    This was my plan. I have one friend with nut allergies and we'll have a couple guests with gluten intolerance. I was going to make their packets first and label them with their name and table number (and nut or gluten free) so that our decorator can get them put on the correct table. The rest of the packets will just have an assortment of cookies.
  • I didn't know there were gluten-free Girl Scout cookies! Awesome!
  • I didn't know there were gluten-free Girl Scout cookies! Awesome!
    They were new...last year I think? They're called Trios. They don't look super delicious but I guess it's better than no cookies?