Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

It's super rainy here.  Tomorrow is my day off, yay. 

Two nights of good sleep, w00t.  :D

The kiddo only has orientation left and then he will be gainfully employed.  

Re: Tuesday!

• LaLaLand was all right. I'm not sure I get all the awards and nominations but it was a cute story, the costumes weee beautiful and the dancing was great. The singing not so much, to the point where it kind of bothered me. Maybe I'm just used to musicals with trained vocalists, but it bothered me the vocals were not as good as the music and the dancing. 

Also no one ched our baga and we were the only ones ones in the theater so it was like we had our own boozy screening. Then we had far too much more wine and the bar and I'm dragging a bit today. 

• He hands me an unwrapped motherfucking Colorado Rockies hat and says  "I was going to fill it with cool Colorado stuff, but didn't since you already know where we were going.  I thought we could catch a game and you could wear this if it's cold."  Now, I know I may sound like a bitch - but seriously.  I just looked at him and said "so my birthday present is a trip to Colorado because you want to see a baseball team?"

Argh, New York is just 3 days aways.
    Yup, that would annoy me too. Like even if he chose CO because of a baseball game, why, why, why is that what he leads with? Also, he could have still filled it with cool CO stuff. 

But also, happy birthday!
  • I'm going to ply my tiny violin so forgive me.

I have an age thing.  Today is my 37th birthday and for the the first time in my life I'm unhappy about turning a year older.  I don't know what it is about the number 37 but I don't like it.

And to top it off, the last 4 weeks of drugs have made my insomnia horrible, which means I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep, which leads to awful tension headaches.  Needless to say, yesterday and this morning were not good days.  So H decides last night to cheer me up by giving me my birthday present.  My real present is a surprise trip to Denver that he accidentally told me about so I knew it was related.

He hands me an unwrapped motherfucking Colorado Rockies hat and says  "I was going to fill it with cool Colorado stuff, but didn't since you already know where we were going.  I thought we could catch a game and you could wear this if it's cold."  Now, I know I may sound like a bitch - but seriously.  I just looked at him and said "so my birthday present is a trip to Colorado because you want to see a baseball team?"

Yeah, that's annoying. But happy birthday!
  • @kimmiinthemitten, first, Happy birthday!  Second, no I'd be a bit bitchy about that, too.  DH did something similar to me one year.  I am still really POd about it, and he still doesn't think he did anything wrong.  Men.  *scoff*

I had dreams all.night.long about doing my taxes.  I woke up wanting to throw things.  DH failed to inform me that he had a doctor's appt this AM for followup for his high cholesterol (apparently, it's high enough his doc is legitimately concerned he'll have a heart attack before 40, so now I'M MORE concerned than I was and also pretty "I told you so" smug because I've been badgering him to get his blood checked for two years and also not happy that I was right that he isn't as healthy as he thought he was), so he got pissy at me because I woke him up when I thought he was oversleeping, and then refused to change my morning routine so he could go back to sleep.  No, I'm not using the other bathroom for my morning shower, we just bathed the dogs in there and I haven't cleaned the tub out, but I COULD HAVE if you'd told me LAST NIGHT you were sleeping in.

AND THEN I get to work and my boss is like, "No, you can't do that thing today that you've been researching and planning for over a week, but pat on the back to you for being prepared, you can do this task in a month."

I'm in a snit today.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm in a snit today.
    At least we're together!
  • Happy birthday @kimmiinthemitten ! I have the same feels about my 30th bday in September.
    Grinding is awful, my dad use to do it {so bad that he'd be upstairs in the bedroom, my mum and I would be in the basement and could hear him} Have you considered a mouth guard?
  • edited February 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten  WW will be your bitchmob ;)

edit: this is also my mother. she would actually text me this.
  • LaLaLand was all right. I'm not sure I get all the awards and nominations but it was a cute story, the costumes weee beautiful and the dancing was great. The singing not so much, to the point where it kind of bothered me. Maybe I'm just used to musicals with trained vocalists, but it bothered me the vocals were not as good as the music and the dancing. 

Also no one ched our baga and we were the only ones ones in the theater so it was like we had our own boozy screening. Then we had far too much more wine and the bar and I'm dragging a bit today. 
    Couple words was making me wonder if you're still drunk ;)
    I want to see La La Land, not because of the awards but I'm a fan of Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. Good story line at least?
    I was going to say anything, but since you did I did too!  Haha.

I want to see La La Land, not because of the awards but I'm a fan of Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. Good story line at least?
    I'm not even going to go back and edit them. Not still drunk, but a little sleepy. Probably for the best since I have a dentist appointment this morning. 

But yea the post should read; no one checked our bags and we were the only ones in the theater. 

Also, why is the autocorrect on mobile so different than normal autocorrect or is that just me? I feel like it always wants to "correct" words or phrases that are right and add duplicate words. 

I'm not even going to go back and edit them. Not still drunk, but a little sleepy. Probably for the best since I have a dentist appointment this morning. 

But yea the post should read; no one checked our bags and we were the only ones in the theater. 

Also, why is the autocorrect on mobile so different than normal autocorrect or is that just me? I feel like it always wants to "correct" words or phrases that are right and add duplicate words. 
    Sure, blame your autocorrect hahaha.
  • driddrid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2017
    I'm going to ply my tiny violin so forgive me.

I have an age thing.  Today is my 37th birthday and for the the first time in my life I'm unhappy about turning a year older.  I don't know what it is about the number 37 but I don't like it.

And to top it off, the last 4 weeks of drugs have made my insomnia horrible, which means I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep, which leads to awful tension headaches.  Needless to say, yesterday and this morning were not good days.  So H decides last night to cheer me up by giving me my birthday present.  My real present is a surprise trip to Denver that he accidentally told me about so I knew it was related.

He hands me an unwrapped motherfucking Colorado Rockies hat and says  "I was going to fill it with cool Colorado stuff, but didn't since you already know where we were going.  I thought we could catch a game and you could wear this if it's cold."  Now, I know I may sound like a bitch - but seriously.  I just looked at him and said "so my birthday present is a trip to Colorado because you want to see a baseball team?"

EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

LOL almost every year for my birthday I get tickets to an NHL game, mostly because FI wants to go. He's lucky I also like hockey. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I tried to picture y'all having the whole bar ("Then we had far too much more wine and the bar"), and all I could come up with was Pac-Man.

Thanks, I needed those giggles.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Happy birthday @kimmiinthemitten!! I'm sorry your H did that. I'd be a little pissed over it too.

WELL. My boss has the flu. He apparently knew yesterday that he had the flu, but chose to come in to work anyways. He was coughing all over the place. He is one of those gross people who doesn't cover his mouth when he coughs (are we really surprised at this point?) He is out today. If I catch the flu, I'm going to be a new level of pissed. I won't be coming in, and you'd better believe they won't be taking it out of my vacation time since we don't have sick time.

On a happy note, I came home yesterday to DH's truck in the garage. He somehow managed to keep it a secret that he'd planned a surprise trip home yesterday. He ended up having to drive back last night, but we got a couple of glorious hours together. That is probably the most thoughtful thing he's ever done for me. Seriously, how did I get this lucky?

• Gooood Morning! 

We're at about -40C here today with the windchill... so its a greaaaat day...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got really bad news.  My H called and said someone broke into the duplex we're rehabbing and stole all our tools.  A loss of well over $1,000, though we haven't done the final tally.  Many of them were bought recently.

Plus, now I'm worried about how to keep the place secured.  What if they come back tonight to steal the appliances and ac/heat window units?

I now officially wish I had never bought this property.  My bank dropped the ball and told me halfway through their escrow department was too behind and they didn't know when they would close.  I almost maxed out my Home Equity Line of Credit to buy it with cash.  Except that meant I've had to max out my credit cards to pay for the renovation part.

I'm probably about to lose my job.  This place has overwhelmed me financially.  And the renovation...that was supposed to only be two freakin' months.  Has now started month five.  And look what happened because it took way too long?  Now we got broken into and the scant $1,000 I still have available on my Home Depot card is going to be used up and I'll have yet another card maxed out.

I work SO HARD for what I have!  I work a f/t job, a p/t job, plus various side gigs.  I'm working extra hard to dig myself back out of debt after the reno.  And then this happens.  I'm just sick to my stomach right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hugs, @short+sassy.  All the hugs.

--Philip Pullman

• @short+sassy I'm sorry:(.  You deserve wine and a cupcake.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    @short+sassy, that sucks! We had our house broken into before moving in one time and they stole the tools and the blinds - blinds weren't cheap either! ugh! stupid people.

DH and I saw a late showing of rings last night, after the movie I went into the bathroom and *67'd his number.  He didn't answer because he had leftover food in one hand and a drink in the other.  We went home and he went into the bathroom.  I wasn't giving up.  I *67'd his number again and when he answered I said in a raspy voice "7 days"

It was quiet for a sec, then he said "funny" and started laughing.  I laughed and hung up too.  I got a text right after "being slick with the 67 huh?"

Also, I'm an ass.

• Happy birthday @kimmiinthemitten!  I'm turning 37 two months from yesterday and DH turned 37 on Friday.   You are YOUNG.

Sounds like a day at the spa is a great gift for your DH.

Friday at 2AM, Chiquito woke up vomiting.   Happy birthday Dad!  He did it four more times until 7 AM.

I made roasted rack of lamb for dinner that night with couscous and green beans and then we had Carvel ice cream cake for dessert.   I'm pretty sure I gained no weight from that dinner.   Saturday at 4:30 the bug came on fast and furious.

Today, Chiquita woke up at 4:30 in the morning puking,

At this point, I'm just wondering when DH goes down.

• NOOOOO @banana468!  That sucks.  The pukes are BAD this year.  I know so many people who have come down with it. 
  • also, Happy birthday @kimmiinthemitten! I want to be pissed at your hubby for you too....but honestly, it sounds like something I'd do!  oops.

• I actually have to praise M today.

So yesterday, he was home with sinus thing {he's got a cold now, but the sinus pain was apparently bad} ANYWAYS since I'd been on food restriction for January, he refused to make his pasta until my dr cleared everything.

Well I'm off diet restrictions {yessssss!!!} so M tells me that he made dinner {it's a Christmas miracle!!} and that it's pasta {I AM DYING!}
    I had 2 bowls :')

I was so beyond excited for dinner, which that in itself is amazing because my appetite has been so skewed for a month.

I got to regail M about my day because I spent most of it with my coworker's daughter. Which was fun :) I didn't get any work done, but kids are great. We coloured, read some books {Mr Snow, Mr Silly and Mr Messy}, worked on words, did some Spanish words, coloured pictures .... all within 2 hrs lmfao
  • @short+sassy  oh dear!! Is there any chance of insurance help? Hopefully you figure something out :( and at least you weren't there and no one was hurt <3
  • @short+sassyI am so so sorry. That is a lot of heavy, stressful stuff to be dealing with all at once. Hugs.

• @banana468 I told him for his birthday I'm treating myself to Sephora so I can look pretty for him.  Haha.

Hope the pukes go away!  Poor kiddo.
  • Oh no @short+sassy, that's terrible. Will insurance help at all? Do the police have any hope of catching them? That sucks. 
  • S+S - I'm so sorry that happened.  Would that be covered by any insurance policy you may have?  Hugs for you.

Kimmi - Happy Birthday!  And I would not be happy with that gift either, I don't think you were wrong in your criticism.  I hope you will be able to enjoy the trip otherwise!

Last night we had a check up for the baby.  All is going well, minus my head cold.  I'm allowed Robitussin, so that is my life line right now!  It helped me to sleep in two 4ish hour shifts last night, so I will take it!  The doctor also recommended I sleep with a humidifier.  H & I tore through all the boxes in the basement and upstairs to see if we could find it and we didn't :( So that was a bummer, I must have donated it before we moved since I had stopped using it regularly at night.

I also told the doctor of my preference to go natural for child birth and now I'm having second thoughts.  I know I would still be able to get something for pain management, as long as I'm not past a certain point.  But I almost feel as if I locked myself into no pain meds!  I do need to practice my breathing techniques!  I also need to keep my fingers crossed that I can get one of the Jacuzzi tub rooms at the hospital when the time comes.  They only have 2, but try to save them for moms who want to go natural apparently.

Tonight is yoga after work and then not much else.  If H's back is up to it, maybe I can get him to help get the mattresses in the baby's room down to the basement.  He also mentioned about wanting to try and get the tiles measured for cutting around the toilet flange.  I'm sure only one of those things will get done.

At lunch, I'm going out to return some curtains and stop for lunch somewhere.  I just need to figure out what I want to eat!