Getting in Shape

wedding workout plans

Has anyone tried any of the wedding workout plans? (i.e anna victoria, tone it up...)

Answers

• I have not.  Instead, I joined a studio that I like and I am trying to make going there more of a long-term idea than a short term thing.  

• I haven't tried those specifically, but I'm a fan of Beachbody workouts: 
    https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/online-workouts-videos.do

They've made a huge difference for me and some of the other Knotties out there. That think takes you to a page where you can take them up on one of their one month free trials and see if any of their programs appeal to you.
  • I have tried an app 30 days or something. It has different work outs for each part of your body you do each day for 30 days.   I started on 12/26 so far between improved diet and exercise i have lost 26 lbs. ( I am a bigger girl ) I do have a goal of losing about 40 more lbs to put me at my goal.  (clarification i am a size 18 if that tells any one anything. 40 more lbs will put me back in  a 12 or 14.)  But I am on a strict diet i do not deviate and i keep control of my calories with my fitness pal. 
  • I got a personal trainer. Honestly, once you get the routine you can do it all on your own. I've lost 25 pounds in 6 months by working out 3x per week for 1 hour, walking 6,000-10,000 steps a day, and changing my diet. 

Workouts include:
    Walking Lunges with free weights 10, 15, and 20 pounds (change it up)
    Squats with free weights....(same as above)
    While doing squats and lunges you want to curl, press or hold at your side when you stand up.
    Planks, either on your elbows, or with straight arms as if you were about to do a push up. 
    Step ups, onto a stair or bench with free weights
    Sprints 1 minute
    Up-downs
    High Knees
    Rows with free weights

With all these exercises you'll want to change the time vary 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 2 minute intervals or 20, 40 lunges/squats.

Food:
    No bread! No sugary drinks, only water (or add crystal light packets)! Spices are fine to use. Almonds great. PB2 peanut butter powder is fine. Protein powder shakes are fine, I use ISO 100 in Fudge brownie.
    Brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa is fine in moderation
    Meat: chicken breast, ground turkey breast, lean ground beef, seafood, chicken broth
    Fruit: berries, grapefruit, banana, avocado, lemon, lime, tomato
    Veggies: green vegetables of any kind, cauliflower, celery, sweet potato, bell peppers, carrots

This is just what I do. Customize it to what makes you feel your best. Milk is on the not eat list, but I drink it anyway because I want the calcium and I don't want to become allergic to lactose. 
  • I went the personal trainer route as well. We do a mix of boxing, pilates, yoga, and strength training. I live a pretty healthy lifestyle (lots of berry smoothies, chicken, salmon, lean beef, and nuts! Love me some almonds and walnuts) 

I was in decent shape before I started, but, after 10 sessions I can definitely see a difference. Haven't lost any weight (gained 11 pounds lol) but I've lost inches and my clothes fit better.

Like a previous poster said, this is what works for me.
  • @Knottiea52504eddfef3eda as a courtesy to the boards please check the original posting date before replying to a "Zombie Thread".  The original post was made in January of 2017...