Wedding Woes
Options

For the old timers -- HisEarth and NOLA Tornado

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited February 2017 in Wedding Woes
HE posted on FB that she, and her family, is okay.  Her office building took a direct hit from the tornado and she posted some pics from it.

Re: For the old timers -- HisEarth and NOLA Tornado

• Options
    Julseybean is okay too.
  • Options
    I just heard about the tornado. Man, they don't need anything else.
  • Options
    I'm aghast at the pics. 
  • Options
    Wow - glad they are OK.
  • Options
    Holy crap.
    I'm glad they're okay.
  • Options
    I never knew them, but yikes. I'm so glad they are okay. 
  • Options
    I can't remember the other NOLA members screen names, so I can't post, but it looks like they're all okay from various FB posts.
  • Options

The tornadoes primarily touched down in an area called Old Jefferson and another area called New Orleans East.  There were 25 people injured (so far), but no one killed (thank goodness).

Two of my rental properties are in New Orleans East.  From what I can tell, one of them is probably fine and even still has power.  The other one is SUPER close to the Nasa Michoud facility, which is where one of them touched down.  As in, you can see the word NASA emblazoned across one of the higher buildings from the front yard of the property.  I'm assuming (hoping) that duplex is fine, though I can see from power outage maps that the area has no power.

I'm going to text one of my sets of tenants over there in a little while, when I get off work, just to make sure everyone over there is okay and all is well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2017
    @short+sassy that area took a lot of damage.  I hope everything is okay.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy that area took a lot of damage.  I hope everything is okay.

Thanks, me too.  I'm assuming I would have heard if something majorly bad had happened.  But lately I've felt like Murhpys Law's b**ch, so it would just be my luck.

The house I'm worried about is right across the street from a school's field.  I checked that school.  They have cancelled classes for tomorrow because of "debris in the neighborhood" and downed power lines.  On the good side, no students were injured (at any schools) and I know one of my tenants has three children who go to that school.  So I'm hoping/assuming everyone is safe.  Though without power.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow @ HisE's pics. glad folks are ok. 
    @short+sassy - hopefully everything is ok  with the property. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the update!

• Options

Phew!  I spoke to one of the families who lives at the property I was most concerned about it.  She told me the house was fine and they were fine.

Although they don't have electricity and probably won't for a few days.  At least the temperatures are nice and neither heat nor a/c are needed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad your tenants are safe!