Wedding Party

Help with Ring Bearer Gifts?

Hi, I could definitely use some help. I am getting married the first weekend in May and am having trouble with my wedding party gifts. We have 2 Ring Bearers aged 8 and 9 years old and are having trouble finding gifts for them as we would like them to feel grown but think the cuff links and shot glasses we have for the groomsmen are too far. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

Answers

• I'm sure they'd prefer something not "grown-up" like whatever kind of toy they're most into at the moment (Legos, perhaps? Most of the kids in my circle love them.)
  • geebee908 said:
    I'm sure they'd prefer something not "grown-up" like whatever kind of toy they're most into at the moment (Legos, perhaps? Most of the kids in my circle love them.)
    ^^^^This 100%
  • Age appropriate and shop like it is their birthday. This would be the same for all wedding party members. I have gotten rid of all the personalized and wedding related gifts from being in weddings. Most party members would say something similar.
  • Ask their parents what they're into, if you don't know.  A toy they could play with at the reception if they get bored would be awesome--there are a ton of Lego Batman Movie sets out now that I bet they'd love!
  • Heffalump said:
    Definitely find out what they're into.  Eight and nine are tricky, because there are so many options, and kids that age have very definite tastes and interests.  Talk to their parents if you're not sure.  Legos are a good starting point, along with Minecraft, Pokémon, Marvel, and more.

And yes, I agree with you:  in no way are cuff links or shot glasses appropriate for elementary school kids.  They don't need to feel grown, they need to feel appreciated for being in your wedding.
    Highlighting this because, truth.