Wedding Woes
Options

Happy V DAY!

2»

Re: Happy V DAY!

• Options
    Happy Valentines Day.

We don't celebrate.  DH hates this day with a passion.  We general do not give gifts or cards, but DH just got a new "scooter" (more like a supped up scooter but not quite the power of a motorcycle) and I got him some gloves.  

We both happen to be off.  Might hit up the hot springs and then get might go to get sushi later. We do sushi every week, so that's normal.  Hot springs is because DH hurt his knee skiing and didn't want to go today.  Nothing to do with V-day.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    MesmrEwe said:
    My DH shocked the ELF out me - I arrived home at 3:30AM (had a show last night) and there was a mini rose bush on the stove for me!  Now DH is NOT one to do flowers - REALLY - so this is why it's shocking! (one of those - the longer one's been married the "Is he feeling alright?!?!" moments LOL)
    I would be like "wtf did you do!?"
  • Options

TFB - I hope you feel better soon!  Can you go to a pharmacy and get some of those heating pad that attach to you?  The heat should help.  There are also small TENS machines you can buy, they offer small electrical pulses to the effected area to help disrupt the nerves sending pain signals to the brain.  It's not a cure, but its supposed to help curb the pain.  I just bought one yesterday for when I go into labor in case I end up having back labor.  H also has a bad back off and on, so he would also be able to use it when he gets a flare up.

OWK - Prayers, hugs, and good wishes for FW!  If this happens more in winter, have you looked into making a light box?  Long ago a friend's BF had seasonal depression and the therapist recommended having a loved one create the light box.  The light box alone would help with the depression, but then there was the added benefit of knowing your loved one created the box for their well being.

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom it's funny that you suggested a TENS unit. One of my coworkers has one and just let me borrow his. That thing felt awesome! It definitely helped. I may also run out and get some of those stick on heating pads in a minute.

• Options
    @OurWildKingdom vibes that fw feels better soon 

• Options
    @mrsconn23 - thanks for the Podcast suggestion.  I downloaded the first three episodes.  

Last night was rough.  When I got home from work, Foster Dog had gotten sick (from his front and his backside, if you know what I mean) all over his crate, the wall behind his crate, and all over the floor around his crate.  As I was cleaning it up, he began to poo puddles of blood.  He must have gotten into something when he was out in the woods.  I was chasing him around trying to minimize how much blood was getting on my stuff but that was just freaking him out and making him run more.  Sigh.

No big plans for today.  FI and I have a deal that he takes me out to dinner and I cook his favorite dinner (we do one on VDay and one the weekend after).  I think we will just go out to dinner tonight because mrsconn now has me craving tacos!  I am picking up some cupcakes on my way home for us to share after dinner.

Hopefully Foster Dog is ok when I get home from work.   :D

• Options
    Ro041 said:
    @mrsconn23 - thanks for the Podcast suggestion.  I downloaded the first three episodes.  

Last night was rough.  When I got home from work, Foster Dog had gotten sick (from his front and his backside, if you know what I mean) all over his crate, the wall behind his crate, and all over the floor around his crate.  As I was cleaning it up, he began to poo puddles of blood.  He must have gotten into something when he was out in the woods.  I was chasing him around trying to minimize how much blood was getting on my stuff but that was just freaking him out and making him run more.  Sigh.

No big plans for today.  FI and I have a deal that he takes me out to dinner and I cook his favorite dinner (we do one on VDay and one the weekend after).  I think we will just go out to dinner tonight because mrsconn now has me craving tacos!  I am picking up some cupcakes on my way home for us to share after dinner.

Hopefully Foster Dog is ok when I get home from work.   :D

Oh no :( poor puppy and poor you for having to clean all that up. I hope he's ok!

• Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I'm glad you had fun!!! I was wondering how the trip was. I don't blame you for not going to Butter if the menu wasn't anything special. I'm sure it would have been a cool experience but there's no point in spending the money if there were other restaurants that were more appealing! Especially with all the options in NYC! Korean BBQ sounds amazing. You've got me hungry now!

• Options
    @Ro041  poor pup! That must have been a rough morning on both of you :(
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    Ro041 said:

It is so well-researched and she does an excellent job fleshing out every player in the story and is very nuanced in her presentation.  I have learned so much about cases that I thought I knew a lot about. I am hooked. 
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    @mrsconn23 - I am already obsessed.  I can't wait to listen to more on my way home!  I also like that there are 30ish episodes so that I can binge and get caught up.  

Edit - I ate tacos at lunch so the craving has been satisfied.  :) 

• Options
    We aren't doing anything fancy. H has an hour commute so he won't be home until after six. And then he'd have to take a shower and then we'd have to go somewhere. Too much work. 

So I'm making a nice dinner and we're staying home. Chicken cordon bleu, a caprese salad (I found a Valentine's Day recipe on Pinterest with the mozzarella cut into hearts!), and some kind of potatoes. And apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert. 

We don't do a lot for gifts. I got him a card and a box of chocolates he likes. Hopefully he gets me a card. He's bad at that and is always getting me things the next day. He knew Valentine's Day was coming and he went to the store last night to pick up some groceries, so he has no excuse if he doesn't get me at least a card. 
  • Options
    drid said:
    No big vday plans for us, FI is at work, he gets home Thursday so maybe he'll do a little something then. He'll probably send some flowers or something, but he does that lots anyways so its not really a special occasion thing. I swear he likes having fresh flowers in the house more than I do.

Tomorrow I'm going to the dentist to get my mouthguard impressions done, apparently I've become a grinder :( Hopefully it helps with the headache/neck aches I've been waking up with lately. Super annoyed with the fact that they can't just give me a solid price for it. No matter how I word the question, the response I get is "We collect $130 up front to cover lab fees", OK cool but how much is it going to cost me AFTER that? 
    That's super annoying. My dentist just priced out a procedure I'm not even having for another month or so, just so I'd know how much it will be. If you have insurance this should be pretty easy, no?
    Just went today, I had a different receptionist helping me this time. She said they're usually covered by insurance and range like 5-600 dollars. So at least that was some sort of ballpark answer. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @drid I had a mouth guard and it's amazing.  I'm waiting for my replacement, which reminds me to call the dentist because it should be in by now.  It will help with the headache and tension.  In the interim, get some biofreeze and use that on the tense areas.  It has a natural liquid ibuprofen and works wonders.

SITB - thanks for the tip! I'm actually really looking forward to getting some relief once I get this thing. I've even gotten so bad that my front teeth are starting to chip. They said I should get it in two weeks, so here's hoping that's accurate!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 - I just finished the Lost and Found series and the Cleveland story messed me up in ways I couldn't imagine.  I had heard so much about that case but what actually happened to those women is horrifying.  

• Options
    Ro041 said:
    @mrsconn23 - I just finished the Lost and Found series and the Cleveland story messed me up in ways I couldn't imagine.  I had heard so much about that case but what actually happened to those women is horrifying.  
    Oh that one was SO fucked up.  DH was in my office while I was listening to it and he left.  He does not understand my true crime obsession.   The first girl who was kidnapped, and got the worst treatment, broke my heart.  I mean, her life was fucked before that happened...but talk about being repeatedly kicked while you're down.  And it's terrible that she doesn't have a relationship with her first child when she fought so hard for him before she was kidnapped.