Wedding Party

Would bridesmaids want this candle or do I only think it's cute because I am the bride?

theknotsarahtheknotsarah member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2017 in Wedding Party
What do y'all think of this candle? 
It's really cute and I was thinking of getting one for all of my bridesmaids (in addition to their gifts). I wonder if I only like it because I am the bride though!

Re: Would bridesmaids want this candle or do I only think it's cute because I am the bride?

• Agree with PP. It's cute, but it's not personal, and it wouldn't fit with my home decor, so I wouldn't keep it around.
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    I'm guessing those are $8-12 each?  Put that money towards more personalized gifts instead.  

• I'd rather have the $10 gift card to Walmart or Target or the bridal shop the BM dresses are being purchased from instead of this candle holder...

• I would not want that candle as a gift from you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would not put this out in my house if I received it. Put the money toward their gifts and be done with it.
  • I also think it's cute, and wouldn't be offended if I got it- but I'm also a candle person, and would like a candle from bath and body works better. I'd stick with more personal things you know your bridesmaids will like!
  • Cute, but I'd go with something more personal.
  • This is the sort of thing where I'd be like "This is cute, but since none of the rooms in my house are themed 'dorm,' I'm not sure where it goes." I'd probably burn it quickly and recycle the glass, or donate it. So I'd pass on it as a gift.
  • I also think it's cute but I don't burn candles (small apartment with a smoke alarm that's easily triggered and a curious cat) so it would just collect dust/get donated to a thrift store or something if I received that. If all your bridesmaids love candles I'd consider maybe, but it doesn't seem like something that would be a good gift to show your appreciation for your bridesmaids. If you want to give a candle, pick scents each bridesmaid loves, don't give a generic bride/bridesmaid candle of unknown scent.
  • They are cute, but if they're candle fans get something different.
    I feel like this might be the type of candle many won't keep out often - even if they like candles.