New York-Long Island
Options

When Should I Start This??? (Planning Advice Appreciated!)

Hi there, my name is Amanda and I'm new to The Knot discussion boards. I've been using all of the planning tools since shortly after I got engaged but I think it's driving me a little batty...

My fiancé and I got engaged in July of 2016 and we're getting married in September of 2018. So far we've already booked our ceremony venue, reception venue and photographer/videographer. Starting this week we're going to be meeting with entertainment vendors and we plan on booking one by the end of the month. After that I have no idea what to do next, and here's where my dilemma is.

What do I do next?? We have 19 months to go (as The Knot keeps reminding me) but I'm already in this super party planner frame of mind. I just want to keep planning our next move but people keep telling me to wait until next year for pretty much everything left on my to-do list! I enjoy surfing Pinterest and all but at some point I'm going to have 50 or more ideas pinned for centerpieces alone!!

What do you guys suggest I do next even though I still have over a year to go? Are there any other kinds of vendors we should try and reserve sooner rather than later? Do you think I might be getting a little too caught up in the excitement of planning? Should I start a literal wedding board in our bedroom so I spend lest time on my phone? (that one was a joke but now it sounds like fun)

Re: When Should I Start This??? (Planning Advice Appreciated!)

• Options
    Hi Amanda, Congratulations!
    And wow, you're getting married a year after us and you've done almost everything that we have lol!

I would say to take a break from planning - which is what I do to ease the craziness. I too was finding myself going a little batty from planning.

Maybe collect inspiration and pictures. Have you picked your color palette yet? And if you're doing a "themed" wedding maybe start collecting images and ideas for that.