Wedding Party
Options

Ideas needed

Hello there. I ordered cute waffle cloth makeup bags with all my bridesmaids first initials on them and I am wondering what cute things you all would suggest I fill them with beyond makeup...I already went to ulta and have a lip gloss palate and eye shadow palate in each one but its still a pretty empty bag..i have a few ideas but what would you all be happy to find in there? Its a beach wedding in April and I have 6 girls...

And also what do you generally get a 7 year old flower girl? I want her to feel special and I'm the one who is there for her in our family so wanted to do something...this is the first wedding she has been in...

Thank you!

Re: Ideas needed

• Options
    Agree with @sparklepants41 to shop like it is their bday. I'm not a makeup person so anything makeup related would be lost on me. 
  • Options
    It sounds like you and the FG have a close relationship- what'd you get her for Christmas/her last birthday?  My FG loved Hello Kitty (at the time), so I gave her a HK charm bracelet a doll.

Ditto PP - what would each BM want for her birthday? Fill the bags with whatever that would be.  Like @ernursej I also don't wear makeup...I'm also not into monogrammed things.  But you know your WP best.
  • Options
    missfrodo said:
    Gift cards always fit!  If you aren't sure what to get each girl, a gift card to her favorite restaurant or coffee shop would be nice--she'll be spending a lot of time with you on your wedding day, so giving her a "me time" gift (or "me and my s/o time") would be great if you can't think of anything more material she might enjoy.  For your FG, though, I would definitely look for a physical gift, as I remember when I was that age I LOVED getting presents!
    See, if one of my closest friends got me a gift card I'd be like have you even met me? You couldn't be bothered thinking of a single thing I'd like?
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    eileenrob said:
    missfrodo said:
    Gift cards always fit!  If you aren't sure what to get each girl, a gift card to her favorite restaurant or coffee shop would be nice--she'll be spending a lot of time with you on your wedding day, so giving her a "me time" gift (or "me and my s/o time") would be great if you can't think of anything more material she might enjoy.  For your FG, though, I would definitely look for a physical gift, as I remember when I was that age I LOVED getting presents!
    See, if one of my closest friends got me a gift card I'd be like have you even met me? You couldn't be bothered thinking of a single thing I'd like?
    My closest friends know I love the flexibility of gift cards.  They know my style but also know I enjoy picking out my own clothes, so a gc to my favorite store.  They know my favorite spa but a gc to it is better than deciding I'd prefer a facial to a massage and booking an actual appointment at a time they assume works for me.  I mean if someone who doesn't know me well gives me a gift card to Express or Olive Garden or something I don't like then I'd be like "great...thanks?" but a gc from someone close I enjoy.
    I agree (although I would actually be fine with a gift card to those places). 

I don't like monogrammed or otherwise "personalized" gifts because as far as I'm concerned that limits their future use and also smacks of the givers using them to stroke their own egos. But if someone I'm close to gives me a gift card to a store, restaurant or other place I like to go, I consider that an indication that they know me well and are taking my personal interests into account - or at least they're trying.

And regardless of how well they know me, I'm not so choosy that I'm going to harshly judge someone for giving me a gift card. They did take at least a few minutes out of their lives to think of me and do something nice for me when they didn't have to do anything at all.
  • Options
    Agreeing with other PPs that the gifts should be personalized for what each person likes.  That comes first.  But for general beach related gift ideas (if it matches some/all of their personalities) are cute flip flops, a beach towel with a theme each will like, a cover-up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agreeing with other PPs that the gifts should be personalized for what each person likes.  That comes first.  But for general beach related gift ideas (if it matches some/all of their personalities) are cute flip flops, a beach towel with a theme each will like, a cover-up.
    Sunscreen, lip balm, water bottle, sunglasses, maybe a paperback book they would enjoy.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I DID NOT put anything but the first initial of their first name which usually doesn't change so i thought that was playing it safe...they all love starbucks so a gift card is a great idea and maybe ill go look for a necklace or something else fun....thank you! And yeah the flower girl i think claire's was a great idea to go look at and she has other interests i can look at too...
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    eileenrob said:
    missfrodo said:
    My closest friends know I love the flexibility of gift cards.  They know my style but also know I enjoy picking out my own clothes, so a gc to my favorite store.  They know my favorite spa but a gc to it is better than deciding I'd prefer a facial to a massage and booking an actual appointment at a time they assume works for me.  I mean if someone who doesn't know me well gives me a gift card to Express or Olive Garden or something I don't like then I'd be like "great...thanks?" but a gc from someone close I enjoy.

I don't like monogrammed or otherwise "personalized" gifts because as far as I'm concerned that limits their future use and also smacks of the givers using them to stroke their own egos. But if someone I'm close to gives me a gift card to a store, restaurant or other place I like to go, I consider that an indication that they know me well and are taking my personal interests into account - or at least they're trying.

And regardless of how well they know me, I'm not so choosy that I'm going to harshly judge someone for giving me a gift card. They did take at least a few minutes out of their lives to think of me and do something nice for me when they didn't have to do anything at all.
    I mean yeah, sure. And along those lines I'd totally be grateful for a matchy matchy monogrammed bridesmaid themed tote bag. I just wouldn't think it's a particularly good gift. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    Jen4948 said:
    eileenrob said:
    missfrodo said:

I mean yeah, sure. And along those lines I'd totally be grateful for a matchy matchy monogrammed bridesmaid themed tote bag. I just wouldn't think it's a particularly good gift. 
    I wouldn't be thrilled to receive one of those either.
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean, I could tell you what, specifically, I would like from Ulta.  (More Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing primer, for starters.)  But who knows if it would overlap at all with what your BMs would like.  Maybe we have different coloring, or skin tones, or skin types, or aesthetic philosophies.  You're in a better position to shop for them than we are (never having met any of them), and the odds of all of them wanting the same products seem pretty slim. 

I have a 7 y.o. girl.  The answer is the same as above:  what does she like?  I'm not sure what you mean about being the only one in your family who is there for her, but if you two are somewhat close, you should know what she likes.  Does she play soccer, or another sport?  Is she into Shopkins, or Lego Friends, or Beanie Boos?  Does she like to read, or draw? 

Not trying to be unhelpful, it's just that you know these people, and we don't.  Buy them what you think they would actually enjoy, not what some strangers guessed at.