Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaids dresses, what to do?

I am the bride, of course :) , an my budget is not big... so I have a question

Do I have to buy the bridesmaids dresses?

I already chosen a design and color... found it on a online store called

sweetyprom.com

has somebody bought anything o this store, how was it like?

I already tried to find reviews of this store and found nothing!!! isn't that weird?

anyone has a trustable online store to buy not expensive bridesmaid dresses???

thanks for reading :)

Marilyn

Re: Bridesmaids dresses, what to do?

• Technically no, you don't have to buy your bridesmaids' dresses. But if you don't plan to pay for them, you need to ask them how much they are comfortable spending.

I don't know anything about that website.

• Hi, have you looked at dresses on Amazon?  Search "bridesmaid dresses".

There are many dresses there that are well under the 50.00 mark.

As for you buying them yourself, in the US it's not customary for the bride to purchase them.
  • try regular dept stores, or better yet, give them free reign or a color scheme so they can pick something that will look good on them

• lnixon8 said:
    try regular dept stores, or better yet, give them free reign or a color scheme so they can pick something that will look good on them
    This is what I did, I gave them a color and length and told them to pick what they like, that way they all found something within their budget and style. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    David's Bridal has a website with a decent return policy, except for clearance items.  You can trust them.  I have heard good things about Penneys, and they have sales all the time!  http://www.jcpenney.com/g/evening-gowns-womens-dresses/N-bwo3xD1nnujcZ1z0pfkl  (Currently 40% off)  Make sure you have accurate measurements before ordering anything online!
     Never order a dress from a Chinese website!  Never!
    No, you are not expected to pay for the bridesmaids' dresses.
    Where are you located?

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • A few of my bridesmaids ordered their dresses from toastbridal.com as they were cheaper than in the store we tried them on.  They fit perfectly!  
  • I don't know what is customary in other countries, but generally in the U.S., the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses. You do, however, have to ask each bridesmaid what she is comfortable spending (do this privately with each one so that nobody is put on the spot). 
  • I got my bridesmaids' dresses from Azazie.com and had a really good experience. When I was looking, they had $10 sample options so you could order a sample size to try on at home and then mail back. Mine were $130, but from what I remember they had dresses in various price ranges and pretty good clearance options.
  • You aren't required to buy their dresses unless you want something that is more then their budget. That being said, I did buy my girls their dresses, but not because the dress I picked out was expensive. We had put a portion of our budget aside to help out all the girls and guys with the cost of their outfits. We knew it could get pricey and many of them were on tight budgets. We had found dresses at David's Bridal and then I went onto E-bay and was able to find the dresses there. It took about 2-3 weeks and several times on the site to get all the sizes I needed, but I found them. I got them dry cleaned & paid about $75.00 total for each dress instead of $140.00 brand new. Wiith being able to find the girls dresses at these prices I was able to "gift" them their dresses. No, it wasn't their "thank you for being a BM" gift. I'm just saying they didn't have to pay anything, what I had budgeted to help out covered the cost. One BM said she liked the idea of a previously worn dress (that had been dry cleaned of course) because it was recycling a dress which the previous person wouldn't ever wear again.