Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Reception intro song?

I was just wondering if it would be weird to not play an intro song? We are having a smaller wedding and are not doing a bridal party entrance or songs for that, and were just planning on having the DJ introduce as Mr and Mrs and then we would sit down and have dinner begin right after. Is this going to be weird without music? We don't want to do the regular big show with the bride and groom dancing in and everything as it is not our style.

Re: Reception intro song?

• Options
    jamoore3 said:
    I was just wondering if it would be weird to not play an intro song? We are having a smaller wedding and are not doing a bridal party entrance or songs for that, and were just planning on having the DJ introduce as Mr and Mrs and then we would sit down and have dinner begin right after. Is this going to be weird without music? We don't want to do the regular big show with the bride and groom dancing in and everything as it is not our style.
    Nope, especially if you're already in the space (presumably cocktail hour, or you just entered with your guests). You could have the DJ ask everyone to take their seats for dinner, introduce you as Mr. and Mrs. Jamoore as you take your seats, and then if anyone is giving a toast introduce them and pass the mic (or whatever the next part of the reception is). No need for music, and really if it's just the two of you being introduced it would only be like 20 seconds of music. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Nope, no music needed.

Often when the DJ/MC announces the couple, the guests may clap or cheer, so you won't hear the music anyway. And if you don't make a big show out of it, it'll be over quickly.
  • Options
    I think that a straightforward intro without music is fine.