Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Menu Suggestions

We've decided to do stations for our wedding.

Salad, taco bar and an interactive pasta station.  But, something is missing.  Thoughts or ideas?  

Re: Menu Suggestions

• I'm a vegetarian so I'd be good with your menu, but maybe it's missing an "obvious" meat? I assume people could get meat in their tacos & pasta, but some people like to see an option that's just plain meat. Could you do one of those things where the guy cuts the meat for people? (Clearly I have no idea how meat works so maybe someone else can be of more help!)
  • Lol @ahoywedding it's called a carving station. I agree that some kind of meat is what's missing.
    Yes! We're having one of those, I should probably learn what it's called lol. Thank you! 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    What kind of taco options are you providing?

Is there more than one type of each salad/taco/pasta?

Overall, as long as there is enough food, what you have planned so far is fine (vegetables, carbs/starch, ?meat), but since you are looking to add more, I would add in a carving station and some roasted vegetable options.
  • If the pastas/tacos are customizable you might be fine, but if they are preassembled, make sure that there is one that is vegetarian and the other can have meat. A carving station is a great addition. You could always have chicken tacos and a beef carve if you don't want too much beef.
  • There will be 3 different salad choices.  We are going to do a chicken, carnitas and fish taco option.  The pasta station will be interactive, so people will have the chef make theirs with what they want.  

I am thinking another station with a basic chicken and veggies.  
  • There will be 3 different salad choices.  We are going to do a chicken, carnitas and fish taco option.  The pasta station will be interactive, so people will have the chef make theirs with what they want.  

I am thinking another station with a basic chicken and veggies.  
    Roasted chicken (or turkey) and roasted veggies would be great.
  • I agree with @OurWildKingdom
    Something roasted chicken or roast beef, something like that. 

And now I want a taco.
  • A mashed potato bar might be good too.