Chit Chat

"professional bio"

Me and my husband are award recipients at an upcoming event.  The organizer just texted me and asked me to send over our "professional bios" presumably for the program.  I don't have a professional bio, neither does DH.  What would be included in one?

Re: "professional bio"

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    May I ask what the event/award is specifically for? Would help direct the subject matter in your bio to be more relevant.

It can include education, any other awards won, your career path- particularly special projects you've completed), and published works.

I know what you mean though- I'd be like, "uhmmmmm....". But I would look at it as what has gotten you to this point professionally, which has led you to win this award?
  • kaos16 said:
    SP29 said:
    May I ask what the event/award is specifically for? Would help direct the subject matter in your bio to be more relevant.

It can include education, any other awards won, your career path- particularly special projects you've completed), and published works.

I know what you mean though- I'd be like, "uhmmmmm....". But I would look at it as what has gotten you to this point professionally, which has led you to win this award?

Attorney(s) of the year from the Court Officers of the county.  I was shocked and excited!
    Congrats!!! That's really awesome!!!
  • I'd google a couple local law firms and look at the bios their attorneys have posted on their websites for inspiration. 
  • I have no advice but wanted to offer congratulations! That is awesome!!

• I have no advice but wanted to offer congratulations! That is awesome!!

thank you!
  • Congratulations to you and the H @kaos16