Chit Chat

Snow day?

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2017 in Chit Chat
How are you Northeasterners holding up?  Any bread, milk and toilet paper left on the shelves of your grocery store? :)

Image may contain one or more people and outdoor
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Snow day?

• We have about 4 inches of the super heavy stuff. And it's still coming down pretty hard! Supposed to continue into the wee hours tomorrow morning. 
  • My SIL is sitting in 18"  and it's still coming down.  CRAZY! And she can walk to work, so she's at work.

• @CharmedPam that is crazy! Where is your SIL that she's gotten so much snow already?
  • @CharmedPam that is crazy! Where is your SIL that she's gotten so much snow already?

SIB

Hudson Valley!  Another friend in the Catskills has over 12" already. 

SIB

Hudson Valley!  Another friend in the Catskills has over 12" already. 
    That makes sense - those parts of NY usually get socked in!!
  • eileenrob said:
    We've only gotten about 8" and I'm hoping that's all...the forecast was originally 18".
    It's still icing/hailing so I haven't brought my kids out, but they were crying pressed up against the window so I brought some snow in for them  :)

(Younger DD not pictured...she was watching Frozen)

You are a cool Mom! Neato.
  • Yesterday the city of Chicago got hit hard by lake effect snow. I walk over a half mile to the train, and I'm a pretty hardy native Midwesterner, but holy shit. The wind kept changing directions and snow was blowing hard in my face the entire walk. Nobody had gotten around to shoveling so it was a hike, not a walk, through snow drifts too.

Traffic on the expressways had the worst travel times the local news anchors had seen in years

And it'll be 50 degrees again on Friday. Such a weird winter! 

• Currently we have about 14 inches at my house and it's still coming down. We'll probably end up with about 18 by tonight. We're still under a travel advisory so H and I are both working from home today. The roads are awful between the snow, ice and wind.