Wedding Woes

Thursday (Prudie Day!)

I have a whole basket of random today.  How's everyone else?

We booked our Airbnb for our 4 nights in London, and I am over the moon.  I keep looking at the photos online.  It's in South Kensington, which we chose for the location, but FSIL said it is "quite posh."  So yay for posh.

I have one last dress photo I'm going to post for opinions, and then I'm going to make myself commit so I don't go crazy.  I'm trying to remind myself that good enough is good enough, and I don't have to look at all 10,000 dresses in the world to make sure this is #1.  Something pretty and appropriate is just fine.

Our materials manager has some respiratory nastiness that's been going on for over a month.  (I can hear her coughing as I type this, and her office is way down the hall.)  Her antibiotic "wasn't working" so now she's taking some green onion and sugar concoction she whipped up at home.  I'm no doctor, but if my antibiotic wasn't working, I think I might go back for something stronger.  So now we probably have drug resistant something or other in the building, and she probably reeks of onion.  Staying in my office today.

Wooz had to be at school at 6:30, so I was up even earlier than usual.  They're taking an all day field trip to Greensboro, and I get to leave early to pick her up. 

Re: Thursday (Prudie Day!)

• @Heffalump  I voted. Tbh all the dress options you've been showing are beautiful <3 I can see why you're having a hard time choosing!

Last night I went to my mum's place. Dinner and watched "This is Us" - already posted my thoughts and something I heard on the radio. Here's hoping we get some answers in season 2!

I'm still so damn congested. It's just a sinus cold, but seriously how long is this gonna last!? Honestly ...

M heard some info from his old job. They're hemorrhaging people so much! Two people that are their top devs are leaving. One just put notice in and doesn't have anything lined up, the other is waiting until he has confirmation on a new place before leaving.
    They still owe M his last pay {couple days plus vaca pay out} but apparently it's another "we don't know when you're getting paid" kinda deal. *sigh*

M actually is going to do his employment insurance, so he'll get some kinda income until he gets a job. Best case scenario is that he only gets one cheque and doesn't need it anymore. Worst case, is he's on it for a bit.

Regardless, it's something.

Tonight is groceries. We don't need much, but have to do it anyways. I only picked up one can of cat food this week, so we've got to get a case after groceries.

Currently in the office alone and making a chai tea. I have neocitran for later. I'm pretty caught up on enough work that I'm just doing filing and boxing up old files today.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2017
    WTF at the green onion cure?!

And yay for booking your trip! 

I have been watching the show American Housewife.  A) It's funny and B ) It's like, my life.  LOL  

SSDD around here. 
  • I've decided to go to the clinic tomorrow about this sinus crap. It's been nearly 2 weeks ....
  • Meetings, job applications, and trying to stay motivated, but yay for Prudie Day!!

Other than that nothing exciting happening in my world. 
  • I've been watching American Housewife too @mrsconn23. It's hilarious and it's exactly how I picture I'll be when I'm a mom. 

Yay for booking your trip Heffa!

Morning! 

Not much going on here today. Just working and probably going to the store later. 

I worked out last night when I got home and then heated up some leftovers and finished the Following. I was SO disappointed in the way the show ended. I know it got taken off the air and they were probably scrambling to find a way to tie up all the loose ends, but it just felt unfinished. Boo. Oh well, still totally worth watching. 

I put in a request to take my vacation the week before Easter. I haven't heard back from the boss but I think he will say yes. D.C. in spring? Yes please. 

• I am still so tired, I could just cry.  IDK, I've got some overwhelming feelings going on and can't get my brain wrapped around things well for some reason.  Sometimes, being an outside observer of an organization can be a real ass-biter.  This pageant stuff has a definite reality vs. perception issue (and no one likes it when I state that perception is reality and vice versa).  I'm trying to figure out where I fit in here for K, b/c my personality/management/ organization type is not fitting in well.  I don't want to be a hindrance; she also wants me involved and I can't figure out the happy medium here.

I was voted in as VP of the BoD for my local LGBTQ+ center this week while I was gone.  I'm proud that they believe I can do the job; I also wish that I wasn't known for "come in and fix problems".  It'd be nice to come into something that was already great and just continue greatness.  IDK, it'll be nice to see how it shakes out.

I need a real live vacation, is what this is all coming down to.  It's not even possible until after June.

Basically, all 3 spheres of life (work, personal, and relationship) are overwhelming as fuck right now.  :D
  • VarunaTT said:
    I am still so tired, I could just cry.  IDK, I've got some overwhelming feelings going on and can't get my brain wrapped around things well for some reason.  Sometimes, being an outside observer of an organization can be a real ass-biter.  This pageant stuff has a definite reality vs. perception issue (and no one likes it when I state that perception is reality and vice versa).  I'm trying to figure out where I fit in here for K, b/c my personality/management/ organization type is not fitting in well.  I don't want to be a hindrance; she also wants me involved and I can't figure out the happy medium here.

I was voted in as VP of the BoD for my local LGBTQ+ center this week while I was gone.  I'm proud that they believe I can do the job; I also wish that I wasn't known for "come in and fix problems".  It'd be nice to come into something that was already great and just continue greatness.  IDK, it'll be nice to see how it shakes out.

I need a real live vacation, is what this is all coming down to.  It's not even possible until after June.

Basically, all 3 spheres of life (work, personal, and relationship) are overwhelming as fuck right now.  :D
    All the support for you today. I definitely know how you feel (mainly because I'm feeling to same way). 

Even though it's not possible until June, can you start some of the planning or research now? Maybe having something tangible booked will make it something to look forward to. Or that you know a vacation is really going to happen (not just a feeling that you need/should take a vacation?). 

All the good thoughts. 
  • @heffalump South Kensington is very posh. I'm excited for you! And a little jealous. Lol. 

I had a coworker who would go to the store, buy a twenty pound bag of onions, and then cut them in half and leave them all over the office whenever someone got sick. It was rough. 

Today im going to try to see if I can book a massage, because I tried to do taxes last night unsuccessfully and now I need a drink or a massage, and a massage sounds like a healthier option. Fucking covered California never sent me my 1095-A and I can't complete my taxes without it. I can't fill out a dispute form because they want a "case ID number" but there's no explanation on how to get one and how in the ever loving fuck would I already have one if I was filing a dispute form for the first time. This was after two hours of feeling like I was being gaslighted because the 1095 is supposed to be on your account under a "documents and correspondence" tab, only that tab doesn't exist. After two hours of searching a website that looks like it was designed by a five year old, I finally started to google. Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem. The tab they reference literally doesn't exist. People who filed the dispute form didn't get their 1095 until 6 months later, and they were penalized for submitting their tax information late. 

So today....massage. And gym. Tomorrow--drink heavily (it is St Patrick's Day, after all). 

• that's frustrating @levioosa I didn't realize you had to have 1095-A to file taxes (because you can file without the form if you're receiving 1095-B or C). I suppose since subsidies may be involved that's why you would need it for taxes whereas that isn't the case for B/C. 
  • levioosa said:

I had a coworker who would go to the store, buy a twenty pound bag of onions, and then cut them in half and leave them all over the office whenever someone got sick. It was rough. 

WTELMF?

• kvruns said:
    that's frustrating @levioosa I didn't realize you had to have 1095-A to file taxes (because you can file without the form if you're receiving 1095-B or C). I suppose since subsidies may be involved that's why you would need it for taxes whereas that isn't the case for B/C. 
    Yeah, SO was able to file with his 1095-B and all he had to say was he had health insurance. That was all I had to do last year too with my 1095-A. This year it wants the premium assistance for every month, plus covered California's tax id and some other crap. I don't understand because literally nothing changed from my taxes and insurance last year. So last night was filled with a lot of swearing.

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    Heffalump said:
    levioosa said:

WTELMF?

I worked in a primarily Chinese office. We also had  several crockpots of "fungus soup" (their words) going daily that were supposed to give you good skin. And every day was fish in the microwave day. Lol. 

*the onions were a cultural remedy. They were supposed to "absorb the germs."  They did absorb all the moisture from my eyes. Not sure about the germs. 

• So I just got a compliment on my outfit from someone at work whose sense of style is... questionable at best. I consider myself to be a relatively stylish girl, but now I'm questioning everything. 

• We're leaving this afternoon to do a weekend trip to San Antonio - we're hitting up Six Flags tomorrow, and maybe again on Saturday if the weather cooperates. If not, it looks like there's a kids' museum or we could check out - or maybe visit one of the other attractions in the area. We haven't told Wolverine where we're going, but i know she'll be excited. 

• I desperately need a massage, but with two babies and a husband who's not home much that's not in the cards for me.

It's review time at my office. Everyone has had their review except me. Last year, I was on maternity leave when boss did them so he just sent mine in without me signing it. I guess he's going to do the same this year even though I'm sitting 6 feet away. I just want to know how much of a raise I'm getting.

Apparently, our parts manager asked to be switched to salary. He was hired as an hourly employee because our last parts guy was salary and abused it (took off at least half a day every week). So instead of making him salary, he's just guaranteed him at least 40 hours a week. Apparently, he's been gone at least half a day every week since I was out for doctor's appointments, but the boss has clocked him in and out for 40 hours. THEN, let him come work half a day on Saturday and paid him OT.  I'm so fucking done with this place.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @VarunaTT I'm sorry you're so tired.  Can you take a couple hours to yourself to do something relaxing? 

I swear American Housewife is my life.  My neighborhood is nicknamed "ghetto meadows" and the smallest homes are going for more than $200k.  I'm also pretty much always the fattest in the room.  I wish I were as witty as her.

DH is struggling today.  He has a meeting with HR about the buyout and has a whole notebook of thoughts.  I hate that he's struggling and I hate that I can't do anything to help.

On the good side I've been asked to join a conference call tomorrow because they want me to take the lead on a project. 
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    @thefanciestbeckler - please share a pic of your outfit!

@*barbie* - I used to go to Six Flags San Antonio when I was a kid and pretend to be Mariah Carey in her video for Fantasy (don't ask):

fantasy mariah carey

I also have a head cold and I am struggling to be at work.  I feel like it's a struggle to get here each day.  I need to get out of my funk.  Maybe the weekend will re-energize me.  

• @mrsconn23, we saw Beautiful in Chicago last year - LOVED IT! I haven't seen Wicked and it is going to be in Chicago in Dec. I didn't realize it was coming to Indy too. I like going to Chicago because it gives us an excuse to see DD and SIL.

@thefanciestbeckler I'm sure she is just wishing she could be as stylish as you!

I have bookclub tonight. I'm making a kale, faro, dried fig, hazelnut salad. It's a new recipe so I hope it is good. I also have to go pick up our wine club shipment at UPS. Since you have to be over 21 to sign and never know when they will deliver, I always have them hold it. I'm excited! Pinot Noir and Roses here I come!
  • levioosalevioosa member
    edited March 2017
    Guys. I was walking to the gym and I dropped my Powerbeats headphones. When I realized it and turned around, a car ran over them. Fwp for sure but I am so sad. I saved up for these. Thank god I have a massage In an hour. 

• @mrsconn23, we saw Beautiful in Chicago last year - LOVED IT! I haven't seen Wicked and it is going to be in Chicago in Dec. I didn't realize it was coming to Indy too. I like going to Chicago because it gives us an excuse to see DD and SIL.

The 2017/18 season was released today, I think.  My sister hit me up about tickets and I think she get all the alerts about that stuff.  Wicked isn't coming until next spring.  It's an add-on to season tix, but so worth it.  I've seen Wicked 2 or 3 times now and it's been worth it every time. I don't think there's 'too many' times to see it. ;)   I've also seen Rent twice and Les Mis once.  

Finding Neverland is also coming.  I want to see it, but I'll be on vacation when it's here.  
  • @thefanciestbeckler  That is a cute outfit! Maybe because she didn't know you could look cute and comfy at work?
  • @thefanciestbeckler I love your jeans!!! And the color of your top looks great on you!!!!
  • Wow @Heffalump and @levioosa, coworkers need to keep their weird onion fetishes to themselves. 

@sparklepants41, cracking up at 38K pounds of cheese scattered all over the roadway.  When I was in college, a tanker truck filled with (I think) liquid nitrogen overturned and spilled it all over the freeway.  The freeway was closed for hours.  It was the first day of a new semester and I completely missed all my morning classes.

@thefanciestbeckler, I can see why your coworker likes your outfit!  Especially the top.  I like the color and detailing at the top.  And the "hangie-downie" tassles are unique and fun.

@charlotte989875 and @VarunaTT, I'm sorry both of you have been feeling so overwhelmed and out-of-sorts.  I wish I had magical words to make it better.  You've both had a lot going on the last month, some of it disappointing, and I think its natural to be introspective.

It's been a negative couple days in short+sassy land, though nothing traumatic.  My H was REALLY sick yesterday.  Puking, the whole nine yards, though fortunately I missed all of that.  I got home yesterday at 6:30PM.  He was already sleeping.  I left for work at 6:45AM this morning.  He was still sleeping, had slept that whole time.  I am praying he does not get me sick.  I've talked to him a couple times today.  He's feeling better, but still feeling bad.

F/t job update.  As a reminder, things have been seriously sketch and I've just been thankful to have a job "one more day" and "one more day", etc.  Last week, nine people were moved to a different project and two were totally laid off. 

P/t job update.  I take pictures of hotel event boards.  Basically, the more hotels I have assigned to me, the more I get paid.  I lost 4 hotels at the end of last year and just lost ANOTHER four hotels yesterday.  They slightly raised how much I get paid per hotel (starting today), but it is still a net loss.  It will also cut the time it takes by 1.5-2 hours/week.  But I'd rather have the "more money".  Oh well, such a drag.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    @MissKittyDanger @sparklepants41 @short+sassy y'all are too sweet! Thank you very much :) my confidence in my choice is restored :smiley:  

etf word