Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Ceremony Programs

I am working on making my programs and I have a few questions and thought I'd have y'all check my wording to make sure everything sounds okay. The program will be a single sheet, front and back. My wording is listed below. 

A few things to note and that I have questions on:

1. I'm not sure on the order of the ceremony yet since the officiant is working in the second reading and will send me the final copy later today. When he does I will rearrange the order of events to the correct order. 

2. Comments on the thank you section? I feel like it might be a little wordy and there could be some grammatical errors? I really love all the content though so I'm not looking to change content but maybe clean it up a little if you think it needs it. 

3. Do we need to list the ushers as part of the wedding party? I would like to list them but with the format I'm using I have to make the font pretty small to be able to add them on there. I could try using a bigger size page to fit them if they need to be on there? 

4. Is the order of the wedding party okay?

(All names have been changed for privacy.) 

FRONT SIDE:

Welcome
to the wedding of
Bob & Sally
Hampton Valley Plantation

The Wedding Ceremony
Prelude
Processional
Opening
Reading - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Reading - Romans 12:1-2, 9-18
Exchange of Vows
Exchange of Rings
Prayer
Pronouncement of Marriage
Recessional

Thank You
To all of our family and friends, thank you for being here to share the first day of our marriage. Thank you for traveling both near and far to be here. We have been blessed by your gracious love, support and friendship over the years. We especially want to thank our parents, who taught us to love from the beginning. 
-Bob & Sally

BACK SIDE:

The Wedding Party

Parents of the Bride
Will & Suzy Smith

Parents of the Groom
John & Kelly White

Matron of Honor
BM #1

Bridesmaids
BM #2
BM #3
BM #4
BM #5
BM #6

Best Man
GM #1

Groomsmen
GM #2
GM #3
GM #4
GM #5
GM #6

Ushers
Usher #1
Usher #2
Usher #3

Flower Girls
FG #1
FG #2

Ring Bearers
RB #1
RB #2

Officiant
Robert Lane

Re: Ceremony Programs

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    I agree with all the suggestions that southernbelle0915 made.  I would also suggest your write out "and" instead of using the "&" abbreviation.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Great suggestions! Thank you! 
  • Options
    Are the ushers being required to rent tuxes?

In my area, there is no such thing as separate people functioning as ushers.  Groomsmen function in that role when necessary.  For that reason alone I would list the ushers.  They are members of the wedding party.  If the ushers are wearing any particular attire at your request, then I think the least you can do is acknowledge them. 
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    Are the ushers being required to rent tuxes?

In my area, there is no such thing as separate people functioning as ushers.  Groomsmen function in that role when necessary.  For that reason alone I would list the ushers.  They are members of the wedding party.  If the ushers are wearing any particular attire at your request, then I think the least you can do is acknowledge them. 
    We have requested that the ushers wear a neutral color suit (black or grey) with a black tie. Pretty standard clothes that they all had already (they are all in their late 20s). We will be getting them boutenierres as well. 

I took the design to the local print shop today to order the programs. I ended up using the suggestions of @southernbelle0915 so yes we listed the ushers.