Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

No liquor allowed. need ideas!

So we had originally planned for an open bar, then realized that our venue does not allow hard alcohol, beer/wine/champagne is fine. I loved the venue enough that I didn't care. Now I'm at a loss for a signiture drink that doesn't involve hard alcohol, because in general I prefer mixed drinks to beer/wine/champagne

Re: No liquor allowed. need ideas!

• ernursej said:
    Beer/wine/champagne is completely fine. You don't need to serve hard alcohol. If you wanted a signature drink, what about a sangria?
    I know it's those 3 are fine, I just don't like to drink them myself :( sangria might work though.
  • So we had originally planned for an open bar, then realized that our venue does not allow hard alcohol, beer/wine/champagne is fine. I loved the venue enough that I didn't care. Now I'm at a loss for a signiture drink that doesn't involve hard alcohol, because in general I prefer mixed drinks to beer/wine/champagne
    I would also say sangria, but also mimosas (you can have different juices besides orange; passion fruit, peach, strawberry all make great mimosas, too). If they allow sake, there are a ton of cocktails you can make (here's a list, http://www.liquor.com/articles/best-sake-drinks/#gs.sDWXxNQ)
  • First, I think you should wait until you're engaged before you start planning signature drinks.

To answer your question: peach bellinis - the only alcohol is prosecco.
    *********************************************************************************

• Champagne + grenadine. 
  • ernursej said:
    Beer/wine/champagne is completely fine. You don't need to serve hard alcohol. If you wanted a signature drink, what about a sangria?
    I love this idea of sangria. My venue doesn't allow hard liquor either. Since my weddings in a month, I think I'm too late in the game to incorporate the sangria. But I just wanted to say dang this is a great idea and wish I could steal it for my own wedding! 
  • So why did she delete herself? Must be another thread where things got tense.
    It may be because I said above that she should be engaged before she starts planning this? 

She was the one who posted about breaking up with her boyfriend and moving away, he followed her, and they got back together and started researching wedding venues. So she asked TK if that meant she was engaged, to which a lot of people said "meh, not really."
    *********************************************************************************

Maybe she realized that she and "boyfriend" are not really engaged, and has stopped planning for something that isn't going to happen?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg