Wedding Woes

Let's get the Thursday party started

Yesterday was a great day off.  :)  Lots of relaxation and we got DefConn a real RC car for his bday (we went to Hobby Town).  

I think DH and I are going to have a date night on Saturday.  The kiddo's off work and wants to see FIL...and we're going to make him take DefConn with him. :) 

Prudie will be coming up soon. 

Re: Let's get the Thursday party started

• Today is shaping up to be just as poor and frustrating as yesterday, and it's not even 10 yet. I thought I got all my shit done for the quarter but it turns out I missed two samples, so that's shitty for me. Especially since there was no real reason for me to have missed them. And before that, I got a lecture from my boss, which may have been well-intentioned and meant to be a teaching moment, but starting the conversation off with, "We need to talk more about this unrelated mistake you may or may not have actually made... But don't worry, it won't go in your performance review," kinda put me immediately on edge and feeling combative and defensive.

So now I am wondering exactly what IS going into my review...

Quiet evening last night. DH was astounded that without my glasses, I couldn't read the title of his book that was a foot and a half from my face (I could see the cover was yellow and the words were fuschia, but that was it). He has perfect vision, and said, "I want to see the world the way you do because I don't understand it."

Oh, honey... You're sweet, but no, you don't want that, at all. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @atomicblonde  I'd be wondering what is happening also. And that's a sweet gesture of your H at least!

@kimmiinthemitten  ahahahaha! Some days I love the internet!

Ended up walking up to the bus stop today. It's not a far walk, but it means I have to leave at least 20mins earlier than normal. But I can't complain, it was a nice morning. Tonight and tomorrow we're getting more snow so fml ....

Groceries tonight. Guhhh ....

M has a chest cold I think. He thinks it's the flu because it's super achy. I think it's just a cold but because he's coughing so much, he's really sore.

Not much else. M was suppose to go to a friend's place but I doubt that will happen since he's still sick.
  • @atomicblonde, sorry about your day. :(
    @kimmiinthemitten, omg! I was thinking about this yesterday.  What if April really isn't pregnant?!?  What if she's just been making some extra trips to taco bell at night?

I didn't want to wake up this morning.  My dog was freaking out all night about a thunderstorm, thus, waking me up.  He didn't want to sleep with me like usual.  He wanted to sleep under the bed.  And then when I woke up, I found out he pee'd on the hardwood floor in the guestroom.  This is new for him.  I asked DH to pick up some Nature's Miracle: Urine destroyer once I googled that it was safe for hardwood floors (unless you guys got better ideas?).

The Cirque show was good last night.  Was it Vegas level? naw.  But it was good.  Probably a bit over priced though.  I found a bar near the venue that has diet 7-up.  When a bar offers diet 7-up, you make it your favorite bar. 

• @6fsn, everything go smoothly?  Vibes for an easy recovery for 6let. 
  • It's the second to last day of the fiscal year, so all hell is breaking loose.  Sigh.
  • 6fsn said:
    Funny story- they asked where he was on the pain scale. He said 1-2 with 10 high. Nurse asked where the pain was "my knees."  

• @kimmiinthemitten that meme, I'm dying. 

Yesterday I went to Cheesecake Factory twice with two different friends....so I'll be living at the gym today and trying to run errands simultaneously. For dinner tonight I am making this recipe: http://www.ouichefnetwork.com/2010/05/daniel-bouluds-beef-short-ribs.html

I hope it turns out okay. 

Other that....SSDD. 

• @mrsconn23 Yay for RC. Does DefConn build his own cars ever? Just curious because I build RC planes. 

@atomicblonde You seem so overworked. Hopefully you get to relax soon! Planning to treat yourself? 
    I'm a fellow glasses wearer. I'm used to my bad eyesight and it's sort of weird to me that FI can see everything perfectly from when he opens his eyes first thing in the morning. 

@MissKittyDanger Feel better soon, M! 

I'm trying to convince my FI to have a honeymoon in downtown Chicago but his heart was set on going to Arkansas. I'm sad for him and also really annoyed because the B&B doesn't refund 25% of the payment but it's not like I'm cancelling for the sake of it. 

Also, I'm considering a degree change but I'm not sure. Well, technically it's not a degree change so much. Basically, since my degree is invalid where I'm moving, I can obtain the equivalent of that degree from new country OR I can get an entirely different degree I'm also passionate about. I can't decide! :| 
  • @NiceKindaSpice what is your current degree in and what are you considering?
  • @NiceKindaSpice, he just turned 6 so this is our first foray.  It's going to be mostly operated by DH for the time being.  But if he really gets into it, we may look into building one.  
  • @kvruns I have a BS in Accounting. I minored in Economics and English. I kind of want to get a degree in economics and then go into research. 
  • It's cold and raining, which makes me have zero motivation. 

I woke up with a sore throat so I'm drinking all the tea and eating all the cough drops to ward off full blown sickness. I leave Wednesday for Chicago for a conference, and I have tickets to Hamilton so I will not be sick next week. 
  • @mrsconn23 if he does get into it and he's social, they have some pretty awesome camps for children. I didn't get into it until I was 10 or 11 but I wish I had gotten into it earlier. 
  • We have no internet at work. I can't get onto the work system with my hot spot on my phone. I'm just going to crochet. 
  • I was home sick yesterday.  I wasn't really "that" sick.  But I woke up with a headache and just felt meh.  So I called in sick.  If I get laid off, my vacation time gets paid out to me...but my sick time does not.  And I have a lot of it.  As such, I'm in a place where...if I stub my toe...I'm taking a sick day, lol.  Okay, not quite that bad, but close!

How is this for crazy?  My H found a sapphire and diamond bracelet on the street yesterday!  At least I think the diamonds are real...because they're tiny, lol.  The sapphires are the less expensive kind, where they are a dark blue (almost black) color instead of that vibrant blue of the spendy ones.  We can tell from the markings that the metal on the bracelet is silver with a gold plating.

We're going to take it to a pawn shop this weekend and see if it's worth selling.  Either way, it's a pretty bracelet and it has a nice heft to it.  I meant to take a pic and post it for you all, but I'll have to do that another day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I woke up with a sore throat so I'm drinking all the tea and eating all the cough drops to ward off full blown sickness. I leave Wednesday for Chicago for a conference, and I have tickets to Hamilton so I will not be sick next week. 
    no. no.  Don't be sick!   I love Hamilton.  I saw it last October in Chicago, and just today gave my mom a ticket for her and I to see it in November (also Chicago).   You can't get sick of it.

no. no.  Don't be sick!   I love Hamilton.  I saw it last October in Chicago, and just today gave my mom a ticket for her and I to see it in November (also Chicago).   You can't get sick of it.
    I've heard so many good things about the show in Chicago, I'm super excited to see it there!
  • 6fsn said:
    In recovery from 6lets surgery. 
    Sending healing vibes!
  • M has 3 phone calls tomorrow and an in-person meeting with a bunch of recruiting companies {staffing agencies}
  • M has 3 phone calls tomorrow and an in-person meeting with a bunch of recruiting companies {staffing agencies}
    Fingers and toes crossed for M!

My database training yesterday was ridiculously easy. I was at the trainer's house for two hours, but I figured things out in about twenty minutes.

Work is work. My boss comes back on Monday -- yay!

After work, I'm picking up gardening books from the library and going to my meditation meeting. I also have to finish folding laundry.
  • Fact: Radio plays older songs on Thursdays {#tbt} and right now is "Moulin Rouge" by Mya, Lil Kim, P!NK and Christina Aguilera.

Excuse me while I dance in my office ;)
  • @sparklepants41  3D always look creepy. But yay healthy and no lobster claw ;)

I'll be in Chicago Monday-Wednesday next week but all I will see are forklifts; nothing as fancy as Hamilton.  Have a great time!!
  • Been looking up harnesses for the cats because M and I are entertaining the idea of bringing the cats outside if he's BBQ'ing or we eat outside.

Can someone invent an easier harness? Penny is not going to let me shove her legs into one ....

Side note, apparently everyone in my office is lacking today lmao!! Serious convo that just happened ... {b = boss, c = coworker}

B - *hands me files* These are ready to go
    Me - *puts them aside to finish what I'm doing
    B - *goes up to C* where the file for XYZ?
    C - I ... put it on your desk?
    Me - *looks at files just given* Uhm ... it's on my desk?
    B - Oh .... what. Why?
    Me - you just gave them to me saying they were ready :')
    B - *stares and blinks at me* Oh .... I'll be okay :')
    C - Oh good! I'm not the only one brain dead today!

*we all laugh*

I'll be in Chicago Monday-Wednesday next week but all I will see are forklifts; nothing as fancy as Hamilton.  Have a great time!!
    I'll also be seeing the inside of many, many conferences rooms, which is far less exciting than Hamilton.