Wedding Woes
Options

Too-Too-Tuesday

2»

Re: Too-Too-Tuesday

• Options
    @levioosa @kvruns better today. still have a wicked headache, and that's likely from tense back muscles still. We're still cutting fast food out, M and I can't deal with it as great anymore though :(
  • Options
    @*Barbie* I hope your fainting spells go away soon, on their own, and with no complications.  That has to be scary, both the not knowing why and the spells themselves.

Re: losing things.  The only things we EVER lose in my house are every essential item DH owns, including but not limited to his keys, wallet, and cell phone.  Nine times out of 10 we find these items in the passenger door storage compartment thing of my car.  The other 10% of the time, we check the laundry.  If the wallet is lost, and it's not in either of those two places, we start canceling credit cards.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @*Barbie* Weird thought, but could fainting spells be either vertigo or low blood sugar?
  • Options
    @lyndausvi  wanna send some banana bread my way? :)
  • Options
    @lyndausvi, what recipe do you use for banana bread?  I made some last night for DH since he loves all things banana, but I love to experiment with my baking.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @lyndausvi, what recipe do you use for banana bread?  I made some last night for DH since he loves all things banana, but I love to experiment with my baking.
    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

Pretty simple recipe.   I'm not the best cook/baker so I need simple.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

"Sound of a Huge Explosion"

The a/c isn't working at one of my rentals.  The HVAC unit is only 9-10 years old, but the previous owner bought the worst, piece of s**t, "no name" brand she could find.  Probably because it was the cheapest.  I've only owned this house for one year and this is the third time I've had an HVAC person come out to check out a problem.  I've probably spent close to $1K, just over the last year keeping it alive.

The current problem is going to cost either $1800 or $2700 to fix, depending on if the interior compressor also needs to be replaced.  A totally new unit would cost $3500-$4,000.

I'm not doing either one of those things.  I've learned the hard way that HVAC units, even quality ones, SUCK and are not worth the money and never ending repairs.  They're getting a/c window units in all the bedrooms and the living room. Which are actually not that unusual where I live.  The HVAC still works for the heat.  At least for now.

I am NOT looking forward to telling this to that tenant.  She can be a PITA to deal with anyway and I know she's going to be livid.  I'll bend over backwards and be totally flexible with her move-out plans, if that is what she wants to do.  Because this is a major breach of the lease on my end.  But I'm not spending the money to fix that crap unit or buying a new one.  For the record, she is on a month-to-month anyway.  But I still feel bad to disappoint.  Just not bad enough to make a poor investment into another HVAC system.

(Sigh)  AND, if she moves out, I have a huge list of repairs to make before I would re-rent it.  She's been there for 7 or 8 years.  That's a lot of wear and tear.

I also might sell the house if she moves out.  Prices have risen nicely over the last year and I bought it for a steal to begin with.  Just thinking out loud.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I stayed home from work yesterday.  I'm having a really bad period for the first time in a long time.  K has been nice about it, b/c I've been a grumpy brat basically.  I did take her out for date night on Friday though.  Saturday she worked, while I worked on Pride all day and Sunday was a repeat.  We're making big strides though, so it's worth it.

Just been catching up on work today.  I hate missing a day of work,but I doubt my employer would've appreciated my attitude or fuzziness (had to take an actual pain pill).
  • Options
    Hey everybody!

I have been absolutely slammed at work and haven't been able to get on during the day. I'm trying to get as much as I can done before I go see DH next week, and boss man is making it nearly impossible by adding extra tasks on to my job description.

I was supposed to start my period on Sunday, and so far nothing has happened. I have no idea what is going on. I've definitely felt like I was about to start for days now. DH and I got in a pretty big argument on Friday night due to my PMS and extreme stress at work. I said some mean stuff that I totally regret and didn't even really mean. I just felt like fighting I guess. UGH hormones are the worst.

I'm leaving for DC bright and early on Monday! I've lost quite a bit of weight since the last time I saw DH, so he's gonna be like "where's the rest of you??" when I get out of the car. Lol. I'm excited for the trip! Definitely in need of a vacation. Other than that, not much new here.

• Options
    Hi everyone!

Sending healing vibes to @*Barbie* and @MissKittyDanger, and virtual chocolate and potato chips to everyone dealing with stressful periods.

Another productive day at work! Go me! I came home, took care of the mutt, did some cleaning up and organizing, and got together everything I need to file my taxes (I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon). Now FW and I are waiting for the baseball games to come on; my team plays at 8:05 and hers at 8:15.
  • Options
    So I my road trip to CA is to meet a long-lost 1st cousin who was given up for adoption by my now-deceased aunt.  The story is little crazy, including "I didn't know I was pregnant" component (and it was her 4th child) and an affair with a siblings FIL.

Anyway, I was just told we are meeting her at church (Catholic) for mass, then taking the family to brunch.      Last time I was in a church was a few years ago for a wedding.  Last time I went to a Sunday mass was 2.5 years ago.      I will the only one who is no-longer a practicing Catholic.    This will be a little awkward on different levels.   I'm not so opposed that I wouldn't attend, just don't attend on my own.  It will be interesting to see if I remember all the prayers :p 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    So I my road trip to CA is to meet a long-lost 1st cousin who was given up for adoption by my now-deceased aunt.  The story is little crazy, including "I didn't know I was pregnant" component (and it was her 4th child) and an affair with a siblings FIL.

Anyway, I was just told we are meeting her at church (Catholic) for mass, then taking the family to brunch.      Last time I was in a church was a few years ago for a wedding.  Last time I went to a Sunday mass was 2.5 years ago.      I will the only one who is no-longer a practicing Catholic.    This will be a little awkward on different levels.   I'm not so opposed that I wouldn't attend, just don't attend on my own.  It will be interesting to see if I remember all the prayers :p 
    May the Force be with you!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger first of all I'm sorry you were sick!! Second, I am watching 13 Reasons Why. Omg. It is so intense. I never read the book. It's making me think about a lot of things

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  1st - your change is astounding! 2nd - the book isn't as detailed because it all happens one night. Clay is biking around with the map and reliving the situations also. It's good in a different way.