Wedding Woes

Wednesday Woes

Something bit my shoulder the other day, and I have a red, itchy welt literally the size of a quarter.  Right where my bra strap sits.

I'm really struggling today with this whole being awake thing.  I don't know if it's the normal post-high stress letdown I usually get--since our busy season is FINALLY over at work--or if it's something medical, like it was earlier this year.  But I have more abnormal exhaustion that no amount of caffeine can cure.  The week cannot end fast enough.  I feel like I'm literally existing from one minute to the next.  I have more than half a mind to burn some kind of leave the rest of the week.

DH is leaving for NOLA for the weekend, and it'll be the first time I've been alone for more than a night since we moved in together.  I'm mostly excited for the weekend to myself.  But... We watched World War Z the other night, and now I'm all but convinced that zombies live in the woods behind our house.  And since I also read Bird Box last week, I'm fairly certain that other creepy and dangerous things live in those woods, too.

I'm also insanely jealous that he gets to go to NOLA and I have to stay home with the dogs.

In good news, I FINALLY got my new electric can opener.  I have no idea how I existed so long with that rusty hand crank.  And we're expecting a sizable tax refund this year, so we're cautiously planning a vacation to maybe Peru this winter... and researching mattresses, which is way more intimidating to me than buying a car.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

Re: Wednesday Woes

• I'm sorry about your bite.  Sounds like a spider. :0

As for not wanting to be awake, I think you can claim spring break.  Even if you still have to work.  I'm dragging around and leaving later than usual and doing fuckall at night (beyond the minimum dinner/kids/tidying up), and I'm calling it spring break.

Don't watch Cape Fear.  For some reason, there were like 3 times in a row that DH was OOT and Cape Fear was on.  I like that movie, but watching it alone scared me.  No idea why I kept doing it, I just couldn't resist.

Peru sounds amazing.  Just last night, I was asking DH if being a travel blogger makes any kind of real money.  There are so many places I'd like to go, and not nearly enough vacation time.  I need to quit my corporate gig and get paid to travel.  It would cut into my knotting time, but I think I could deal with that. ;)

• I'm also insanely jealous that he gets to go to NOLA and I have to stay home with the dogs.
    awww, @atomicblonde, if you can hack it - you need a vacation!  mini one if anything.  A weekend when DH is home so you can drive a few hours away, get a hotel room and dive into another town's culture. 

I'm starting to come down with something.  I have a sore throat and runny nose.  I refuse to be sick this weekend.  I have good drunk friday with some friends and Aladdin on Sunday.  I am trying everything to suppress this cold.

2 more days in the work week left for me!

• @atomicblonde, I don't know how mosquitoes do it, but they also manage to bite me under where my bra strap sits.  It's extra torture!  I actually ordered a spray to put all around the outside of the house.  It is supposed to ward off all kinds of insects, including mosquitoes.  It had over 1,000 reviews and 4.5 stars, so I'm hopeful it will work.  Go see a doctor if your abnormal exhaustion is still around next week!  There are a lot of medical conditions that can cause that.  Low thyroid levels.  A sleep disorder, like sleep apnea.  Of course you should have come to NOLA, lol!  But hopefully Peru works out.  That sounds amazing.  I am also searching for a mattress.  Something else I was shopping for on Amazon last night.

Speaking of Amazon.  I'm sure you all know the old adage, "Don't grocery shop when you're hungry."  I have a new adage for our digital age.  "Don't watch the show Chopped while you're toodling around on Amazon."  Here's me last night:

Pig Floss (in a Chopped basket)?  I've never heard of that, but it sounds interesting and good.  I wonder if it is sold on Amaz...oh, look!  It's right here!  (Fast forward 40 minutes and reason has set back in).  Wait, wtf?  Did I really spend $17 on 9 oz. of pig floss earlier?  I just barely controlled myself from also ordering Sea Hawthorn juice.  Something else I'd never heard of, lol.

It's my "Friday" today!  Though I do have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow, including getting "fasting" blood work done.  Lame.  But I have carefully maneuvered it so I at least don't have to go anywhere on Friday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pig Floss (in a Chopped basket)?  I've never heard of that, but it sounds interesting and good.  I wonder if it is sold on Amaz...oh, look!  It's right here!  (Fast forward 40 minutes and reason has set back in).  Wait, wtf?  Did I really spend $17 on 9 oz. of pig floss earlier?  I just barely controlled myself from also ordering Sea Hawthorn juice.  Something else I'd never heard of, lol.

You = me

• @short+sassy, that is the EXACT reason I cannot watch Shark Tank anymore.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm doing my housewife duties today (I promise that's the last time I'll use that joke).  I'm cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, and baking bread to go with my homemade jams for Bible study tomorrow (how's that for a cliché?).

DH and I are trying to find a little weekend getaway for this summer.  Just a few days kidless. 
  • Cute Pics @Ro041 I hope you start feeling better soon @atomicblonde

I had a nice lesson this morning. The riding style is very different at this new barn and I am trying to like it. My horse's name, without the Arabic pronunciation, sounds like Fucker. I had a great giggle over that.

I cut my hair a week or so ago, like 5ish inches off, and now I don't know what to do with. Along that same thought, DH and I are going to see the symphony play with Raiders of the Last Arc next week in Dubai and I don't know what to do with my hairs. I have a new, pretty dress and killer shoes and I want my head to match the rest of my body. The problem is, Dubai is an hour away and we will have to take the train to get there. I would love get my hair and face did but there isn't a salon particularly close to the venue. I would get it done here but Idk that it would last during the train ride. 
  • So Handsome!!!! @6fsn
  • @atomicblonde  sounds like spider bite. I had one yesterday, not quite as big but same idea on my arm. Damn spiders need to pay rent or gtfo ...

Not much last night. M has another recruiter interview today .... I'm just so exhausted of him not working. He is not a house husband and because of this, he's getting on my nerves.
    Somebody give this kid a job!!

Tonight he's going to a buddy's place, so I'm gonna utilize the fact he's gone and mop the living room/dining room.
    We're having family over on Friday, so I wanna make sure it's clean - plus we haven't mopped since moving in. Could use it.

I think I'll tidy up the garage a bit too .... and I need a shower.

Was hoping for a more lax day at work today, but I still have filing to do {I did get a bunch done but I'm seriously back logged ...}
  • @Ro041  love that photo :)

@6fsn  omg cutie!
  • @atomicblonde I felt the same way when we finally got an electric opener, it changed my (kitchen prep) world. Also, I could have written the exact same thing about being exhauster, and H leaving this weekend. I fell back asleep after the first alarm and I swear I don't even remember waking up the first time. I'm dragging. Definitely take the leave if you can. 

I'm annoyed with my mother. She scheduled Easter for dinner at like 6pm and we live 5 hours away and have to work Monday morning. And come to find out it's not because the rest of the family wants to do later dinner, but she asked to work Sunday morning instead of evening because of an event she wants to go to Monday night. That pretty much ensures we can't make it and I'm annoyed. It's easy for everyone else in the family to make any time work on holidays, we're the only ones who travel and she rarely works around what is best for us. Way to make us feel welcome. 
  • I'm going to try to annex DK's closet for shoe storage, and see how long it takes him to notice. I'm not going to hide the shoes, just add a new pair each day.
    was feeling pretty decent last night - like 70%, but back to 50% today. too many meetings and not enough time for work, but when i'm done today, the laptop is off all weekend, and probably Monday, too (jury duty). This is the first time i haven't managed to get out of it, and i have to drive all of the way downtown for an 8am start, so this will suck, big time. Also, the whopping $6 that i'll receive for attending, doesn't even cover my parking for the day. it's like a lose, lose, lose.

• @charlotte989875 I am sorry about your mom and Easter. I definitely sympathize and it sucks. ((Hugs))
  • @charlotte989875 I am sorry about your mom and Easter. I definitely sympathize and it sucks. ((Hugs))
    Thanks it does suck. Like, I would understand if brunch/lunch didn't work for my sister and the baby, but that wasn't the case. My mom just wanted to go to a party Monday night.  
  • Good morning!!  SSDD.  My sister wants me to play hooky with her this afternoon, but I have a meeting.  And I'm contemplating playing hooky Friday to prep for DefConn's bday party.  SO, boo.  

• @charlotte989875  I hate when family isn't thinking of everyone :(
  • Debating on buying this and trying it out this weekend ....

Not sure what colour but this might tide me over until I can see my friend to do it better lol
    Kinda feeling the pinks and coral tbh

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @charlotte989875 - that sucks but at least you can have a nice relaxing day with your family at home without the need to travel 5 hours each way!

Not sure what colour but this might tide me over until I can see my friend to do it better lol

So weird!  I'd never heard of Colorista, until I saw a commercial for it last night.  And now your post this morning.

For your colouring, I like the darker pink (third one over).  I think that would look really cute in your blond hair.

(Look!  I remembered to add a "u" to colouring, just for you!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

So weird!  I'd never heard of Colorista, until I saw a commercial for it last night.  And now your post this morning.

For your colouring, I like the darker pink (third one over).  I think that would look really cute in your blond hair.

<3!
  • I just had a woman tell me at work I've looked worn out for the last few weeks.  I know I'm in a rut, but damn.

Other than that, I think I'm SSDD really.
  • School today. I'm curious if my friend will make her. She got some really bad health news about her toddler yesterday and I know she's pretty upset about it even though we saw it coming. It just sucks. I'm not sure if she'll make our weekly standing lunch date so I'm getting ready like usual and if she doesnt make it I'm just going to the chiropractor instead. 

SO has been texting me all morning about how he is now in the 1% category step counts of people our age as well as the general population. He only had to walk like 17 miles a day to get there. Lol. He's obsessed. Meanwhile I'm like....ummm...I did 1200 steps today....it's because I didn't walk around with my phone though! I also think my phone gyps me on step counts. We'll go on what I know for a fact to be a five mile hike, and it will be like "great job-you did 3.5 miles." What?! No I did not! Give me back my mile and a half! 

• I keep thinking today is Friday because B's daycare is closed for teacher workday tomorrow (what is it that they are teaching my 4.5 month old?) and then closed Friday for Good Friday. I'll be working from home Thursday and my office is closed Friday. Oh how I wish I could enjoy a kid free day!

taking B to an easter egg hunt Saturday. Because a baby who can't even sit up on his own yet will do great LOL but H wanted to take him and since he still isn't much on the baby train I said ok.

I vote for the third one over on the top row as well!

Today I am plugging away on my one deadline. I have set a personal deadline of getting the first draft out tomorrow, and I am well on target to make that happen. I am exhausted. I did not sleep well at all last night. I got sick in the middle of the night and woke up choking, which not only freaked me out, but also made me super dizzy. I'm looking forward to going home and snuggling under the covers with some rye bread toast and the puppy. 
  • FH is coming home tonight after a 7 day stretch of working away :smile: 

The downside is that I desperately need to go grocery shopping, but I have a sinus cold from hell and don't want to leave my couch.  Thankfully the kiddos are both with their dad this week so FH and I only have to fend for ourselves. I have pasta, so, I guess we won't starve LOL.
  • The first venue that responded to my inquiry wants a $3000 food and beverage minimum. For brunch for ~20 people. Not going to happen.

Tried two places FW likes. No private rooms.

Contacted another place that looks promising. They only have a $500 food and beverage minimum for brunch. The event coordinator promised to send me photos and a few sample menus.

In other news, it's been a nice quiet day at work. But Aunt Flo is in town, and I'm cramping and always hungry. 
  • The first venue that responded to my inquiry wants a $3000 food and beverage minimum. For brunch for ~20 people. Not going to happen.

Tried two places FW likes. No private rooms.

Contacted another place that looks promising. They only have a $500 food and beverage minimum for brunch. The event coordinator promised to send me photos and a few sample menus.

In other news, it's been a nice quiet day at work. But Aunt Flo is in town, and I'm cramping and always hungry. 
    That is nuts!  I almost feel like it is one of those deals where if you had called and said, "We're celebrating my mom's birthday on X date and will have 20 people for brunch.  Is it possible to reserve a private room?"  The answer would have been very different.  But the minute you say "wedding"...cha-ching, let the cash register ring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker