Registry and Gift Forum

Parents Gifts

Is it weird to get the same gift for both of our parents as a thank you?? My FH found some really nice picture frame ideas for us to give them at the rehersal dinner. We weren't sure if we should just give the same ones to them or pick different ones that are similar. We're just trying to get something to match their different tastes without either side feeling like one is nicer than the other.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Parents Gifts

• I don't think it's weird to get them the same thing. If you think they'd both like it, why not? I agree with @geebee908 that you should give the gift to each set of parents separately and privately. It'll be more personal and less pressure.
    *********************************************************************************

• Are you planning on putting pictures in them after the wedding? You could pick pictures that are different. I think one bride on here put pictures of her with her parents and pictures of the FI with his parents when they gave frames. Later they gave them pictures of them at the wedding with each set of parents. I think that is a great idea.
  • Thanks for the feedback!!