DIY Wedding Forum

Has anyone made magnetic corsages/boutonnières?

I found magnets on Amazon but am curious what the best adhesive would be. I'm using tulle as the base for the corsages and satin ribbon as the base for the boutonnières, if that helps.

Re: Has anyone made magnetic corsages/boutonnières?

• I  just want to say what a great idea! Pinning those suckers on is the biggest pain. E6000 might be good.
  • Many of the ? replies say "Glue" or "Stem Wrap" but also to use more than one for anything above a single bloom which really adds up IMO for something that's likely going to get tossed.

Floral glue or hot glue would be my two guesses but I'd probably reinforce it with a Floral Tape X around it as a secondary.  
  • We had ours professionally made but they were done with magnets. Each magnetic was affixed to a square piece of clear reinforced fabric (similar to shower curtain type material) and that made it easier to pull the magnetics apart. They never came off and looked great.

• ernursej said:

We had ours professionally made but they were done with magnets. Each magnetic was affixed to a square piece of clear reinforced fabric (similar to shower curtain type material) and that made it easier to pull the magnetics apart. They never came off and looked great.

Can you post a picture, please?
  • Sorry for the quality of images. I could not get them to load from my phone. Giant images ... :(
  • I didn't think of the clear reinforced fabric. Great idea. I love your flowers!

• I didn't think of the clear reinforced fabric. Great idea. I love your flowers!

Thanks! I was really happy with them. Even better that they are artificial. Get to keep them forever :)