Chit Chat

Are you a bridezilla? Read this.

I know it's your special day and you think it should be all about you, but here's some real life stories from the former friends of badly behaving brides.

Re: Are you a bridezilla? Read this.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    OMG! People are like this in real life?!?!? How do they have any friends left??

I always wonder what people's lives are like a year after their wedding when they don't have the hoopla anymore.
  • Whoa!  Those are some serious doozies.  I have too many comments, to comment, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2017
     :o  :o:o:o

The story of the bride who expected her bridesmaid to wipe her ass is the worst. 

ETA: I'm taking that back. The stepmother who didn't want her stepdaughters at the ceremony was the worst. 
  • OMG the sex swing! It would never cross my mind to buy that for a friend!

But seriously, what do people do when the wedding is over and they go back to real life? H (so weird!!) and I were relieved to not be the center of attention any longer, as sad as we were to have our family and friends leave town. 
  • I want to meet the grooms.  I know some guys who would marry a person like this just "to be married".  Like, I literally know someone like this. He had all the warnings (some from her own family!) and still said yes.

• banana468 said:

I've  seen some of those before and while they're doozies, I can't get over the people who just didn't tell their friends NO.   Seriously?   

Apparently saying no means getting slapped.

• banana468 said:

I've  seen some of those before and while they're doozies, I can't get over the people who just didn't tell their friends NO.   Seriously?   

Apparently saying no means getting slapped.

My jaw hit the floor when I read that one. I would have left the reception and taken my gift back with me. 
  • WOW! I thought I was asking a lot for silver shoes.....
    Met: 5/4/16
    Dating: 6/21/16
    Engaged: 3/20/17
    Wedding: 2/24/18
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017

:o  :o:o:o

The story of the bride who expected her bridesmaid to wipe her ass is the worst. 

ETA: I'm taking that back. The stepmother who didn't want her stepdaughters at the ceremony was the worst. 
    That story stood out to me because it just doesn't sound like that was a "small" cooking accident.

Also, $2400 for a DRESS?  And the one with the "matching makeup."  I bet those results were... interesting.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

•  :o  :o:o:o

That story stood out to me because it just doesn't sound like that was a "small" cooking accident.

Also, $2400 for a DRESS?  And the one with the "matching makeup."  I bet those results were... interesting.

Right!?!  And that her friend was outraged she wasn't willing to pay that, kicked her out of the WP, and basically terminated their friendship.  I would have been like, "Friend, I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on my OWN wedding dress.  Much less a BM dress."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

•  :o  :o:o:o

Right!?!  And that her friend was outraged she wasn't willing to pay that, kicked her out of the WP, and basically terminated their friendship.  I would have been like, "Friend, I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on my OWN wedding dress.  Much less a BM dress."

Yup. Including alterations, my wedding gown was around $1300. If someone expected me to drop that kind of money on a bridesmaid dress I would kick myself out of that bridal party so fast.