Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the date - how much information to include?

We're having the ceremony at home and the reception at a restaurant. We might be moving, however, so I'm hesitant to put the address on the Save the Date. Is it OK to have just city and state?

Re: Save the date - how much information to include?

• Yes, I definitely think that's fine. I'm fairly certainly all we had was city and state, too. 
  • That's fine, but I honestly think sending save the dates to 12 people is overkill. Especially when you've already done it once. Can't you call or email people individually? That feels more special.

• That's fine, but I honestly think sending save the dates to 12 people is overkill. Especially when you've already done it once. Can't you call or email people individually? That feels more special.

I guess there's no reason I couldn't call or e-mail.
  • I agree that for such an intimate wedding save the dates aren't necessary - just call or email. However, if you do them you don't need the address. Just city and state.

• We also included our wedding website. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I don't have advice, but you're getting married on my birthday and that's p cool :)
  • Beyond the actual wedding date, the only other information I need to know ahead of time is whether the event is OOT.  Location is good enough for me.
  • Maybe it's a "know your crowd" thing, but I prefer a hard copy STD to phone calls/emails, even if it's a small wedding. I can put it on my fridge where I have to look at it everyday. So if I have to make travel plans, I'll remember to do that. Yes, you don't need them, but they are pretty useful to guests. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Your choice if you want to use STDs or not.
    Date and city is all you need, and a website if you have one (though I don't imagine you need one).

• SP29 said:

Your choice if you want to use STDs or not.
    Date and city is all you need, and a website if you have one (though I don't imagine you need one).

We do have a web site, but there's really nothing going on there. I'm not going to include it on the STDs.