Favors

Rally towel favors

My fiancé and I are having a sports themed wedding. We decided to go with rally towels as a favor for our guests. We ordered them from rallytowels.com. It's been a while since we placed the order and we still haven't received them. Has anyone else used this company and had any issues with them? Thanks.

Re: Rally towel favors

• My fiancé and I are having a sports themed wedding. We decided to go with rally towels as a favor for our guests. We ordered them from rallytowels.com. It's been a while since we placed the order and we still haven't received them. Has anyone else used this company and had any issues with them? Thanks.

Do you have a tracking number? Have you reached out to customer service? 

I've never heard of the site, but it looks legit. The website says they guarantee you'll have them by your event date. Contact customer service if it's been longer than they said it'd be. 

Yeah, these are key first steps. Did you get a shipping/delivery estimate when you placed the order? Has it passed? "A while" is very vague.

And since most of us here had wedding-themed weddings, I doubt you'll run into anyone who's needed to order a quantity of rally towels, but you may be surprised.

• My fiancé and I are having a sports themed wedding. We decided to go with rally towels as a favor for our guests. We ordered them from rallytowels.com. It's been a while since we placed the order and we still haven't received them. Has anyone else used this company and had any issues with them? Thanks.

I've never heard of the site, but it looks legit. The website says they guarantee you'll have them by your event date. Contact customer service if it's been longer than they said it'd be. 

Yeah, these are key first steps. Did you get a shipping/delivery estimate when you placed the order? Has it passed? "A while" is very vague.

And since most of us here had wedding-themed weddings, I doubt you'll run into anyone who's needed to order a quantity of rally towels, but you may be surprised.

This was actually a big trend a few years back. 
    http://forums.theknot.com/search?Search=rally+towels&CategoryID=122

Unless they are edible, I don't really care what a couple chooses to offer in terms of favors.  I see it as a "no harm/no foul" aspect of a wedding.  No collective group of guests will all have the same enthusiasm for any given favor.  However, if a couple marries relatively close after graduating, and invites scores of friends, the favor makes sense.

Knottie1445825901, I agree with the other posters.  Start with an email paper trail for documentation, and follow up with actual phone calls.

• MobKaz said:

My fiancé and I are having a sports themed wedding. We decided to go with rally towels as a favor for our guests. We ordered them from rallytowels.com. It's been a while since we placed the order and we still haven't received them. Has anyone else used this company and had any issues with them? Thanks.

This was actually a big trend a few years back. 
    http://forums.theknot.com/search?Search=rally+towels&CategoryID=122

Unless they are edible, I don't really care what a couple chooses to offer in terms of favors.  I see it as a "no harm/no foul" aspect of a wedding.  No collective group of guests will all have the same enthusiasm for any given favor.  However, if a couple marries relatively close after graduating, and invites scores of friends, the favor makes sense.

@ Knottie1445825901, I agree with the other posters.  Start with an email paper trail for documentation, and follow up with actual phone calls.

Huh. It's definitely not the worst idea I've ever seen - much like those can koozies, it's something that people might actually find a use for after the wedding, where they won't care if it's got a couple's name and wedding date on it.

I'm more head tilting at the sports theme.

• Huh. It's definitely not the worst idea I've ever seen - much like those can koozies, it's something that people might actually find a use for after the wedding, where they won't care if it's got a couple's name and wedding date on it.

I'm more head tilting at the sports theme.

The night before our wedding the couple had a sports theme. Guests came in sports T-shirts and I even saw some people in full baseball uniforms (cleats, jerseys, etc). I kid you not.
  • That was a fast delete.  I wonder why?  Personally, we are a family of non-sports nerds, and we would have difficulty with sport themed parties of any kind.  Not everyone is into sports.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• CMGragain said:

That was a fast delete.  I wonder why?  Personally, we are a family of non-sports nerds, and we would have difficulty with sport themed parties of any kind.  Not everyone is into sports.

Ha. Always my favourite part of The Knot. A totally innocuous question answered with the respondent's personal preference. Makes my day.