Nevada-Las Vegas

MGM Grand Skyline Terrace Suites- Just returned

I just returned from my vow reaffirmation ceremony and reception at the MGM Grand.  I don't typically post, but I hope I can help future brides by sharing my experience since I see this topic frequently.

We had several vendors that we worked with.  We had a month of coordinator, florist, outside catering, a bartender and Blackjack table for the night.  

The caterer arranged in advance for the hotel to deliver 3- 8 ft tables and 24 chairs to the suite.  The cost was was $75 and included linens and setup outside on the terrace as well as one table inside for the buffet.

We had no issues from the hotel and they were more than accomodating. The concierege even offered to help call around to different party rental companies to get find the best price on a Blackjack table.  

I hope this will ease the mind of anyone that may be concerned about booking the terrace suites and using outside vendors.

I was dealing with a sick child so didn't take many pictures unfortunately, but I will post the pictures I have.  We had the blackjack table in the corner where the sectional and TV are located and folded the tables and stacked the chairs after dinner.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Re: MGM Grand Skyline Terrace Suites- Just returned

• Wow that looks like a great setup; congrats!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thanks for sharing! I will be booking this suite for my reception as well in 2018. That's great that you didn't have any problems with bringing in outside catering, did you book the suite as a reception space with the hotel or did you just reserve as normal? Wondering which route to take as I am worried they will try to raise the price on the room and try to make me use their services. Outside bartender too? How was the setup and did you provide your own alcohol?

• Thank you!

We booked the suite online via the MGM Grand website about 5 months before the reception.  About a week before noticed the price dropped for some of the other rooms we booked and when we called in to get them adjusted we were able to get a couple hundred off the suite as well.

We booked a bartender through our catering company. I think it was a $35 an hour with no tip jar.  We didn't have too much extra space so the bartender set up inside at the dining table.  We moved the bar stools and he stood behind the table and we had the guests walk up to the front.  It worked out well.  

We bought the alcohol from Lee's discount liquor store. 
  • Thank you very much for sharing! It sounds too good to be true ;)

We already booked the suite for September and plan to have a reception and the first dance on the terrace. Did you make any experience with the sound system in the suite and on the terrace? Is it sufficient to hear the music in "good quality"?

I would like to work with outside vendors too. So I am very happy that it seems to be no problem. May I ask you, which catering company do you used? 

Thank you very much in advance! 
  • hartmrshartmrs member
    First Comment
    edited June 2017
    Which vendor did you use for the chairs and tables?
  • Thank you very much for sharing! It sounds too good to be true ;)

We already booked the suite for September and plan to have a reception and the first dance on the terrace. Did you make any experience with the sound system in the suite and on the terrace? Is it sufficient to hear the music in "good quality"?

I would like to work with outside vendors too. So I am very happy that it seems to be no problem. May I ask you, which catering company do you used? 

Thank you very much in advance! 
    Sorry for the late response. We used Ecstacy events and I would highly recommend them. They are a full service planner and stepped up where our coordinator fell short.

The sound system was great and good quality. They had an aux cord and we plugged it into my iPad.  
  • hartmrs said:
    Which vendor did you use for the chairs and tables?
    The hotel will provide them if you go through concierge for $75 including setup and pickup the next day 
  • thanks for the info I am looking into a July wedding and was lost as to ho to book this space. So did you have to deal with a wedding planer with the hotel at all?