Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday?

2»

Re: Thursday?

• Options

levioosa said:

You all can send some of that rain over here. It's been 90 all week and I hate it.  

I got a call from one of the hospitals I interviewed at last week and was offered a job! It's walking distance from my house so even though the pay isn't the highest, I'm going to save a ton on gas.  Especially considering that I was getting so desperate I was applying to places 2 hours away.  

@DrillSergeantCat SO and I went through the strain too.  We just got the house about six months ago. Part of our problem is that while he's the engineer, somehow I am the more practical and logical one while he's more of a romantic at heart.  So he was all about the aesthetic of things (which I can appreciate too), and I'd be like, "this place is in a good neighborhood, it's safe, it's in walking distance of X, Y, Z. It's not a craftsman, but it's in good shape and we can take out that wall and paint." We're still having arguments about the yard (spoiler alert: I am right).

I "won" a free facial party that is coming to our house today.  I think the person made it seem a lot better than it actually will be, but that's okay.  If it's lame, whatever, I got a facial mask out of it. If it's actually really cool, then awesome! I just expect there to be a catch, like it's actually a product push. Afterwards I'm making Indian food for dinner.  I finally got SO's sister to try it and now she's obsessed.  So I promised them I would make some when they visit tonight.  

How on earth did you manage that part? lol
  • Options

levioosa said:

You all can send some of that rain over here. It's been 90 all week and I hate it.  

I got a call from one of the hospitals I interviewed at last week and was offered a job! It's walking distance from my house so even though the pay isn't the highest, I'm going to save a ton on gas.  Especially considering that I was getting so desperate I was applying to places 2 hours away.  

@DrillSergeantCat SO and I went through the strain too.  We just got the house about six months ago. Part of our problem is that while he's the engineer, somehow I am the more practical and logical one while he's more of a romantic at heart.  So he was all about the aesthetic of things (which I can appreciate too), and I'd be like, "this place is in a good neighborhood, it's safe, it's in walking distance of X, Y, Z. It's not a craftsman, but it's in good shape and we can take out that wall and paint." We're still having arguments about the yard (spoiler alert: I am right).

I "won" a free facial party that is coming to our house today.  I think the person made it seem a lot better than it actually will be, but that's okay.  If it's lame, whatever, I got a facial mask out of it. If it's actually really cool, then awesome! I just expect there to be a catch, like it's actually a product push. Afterwards I'm making Indian food for dinner.  I finally got SO's sister to try it and now she's obsessed.  So I promised them I would make some when they visit tonight.  

How on earth did you manage that part? lol

I always joke that he is one of a kind.  And that one of us has to be the personable sweet one (because it sure as hell isn't me). haha.  Think "middle child meets engineer." lol. 

• Options
    @levioosa  lol epic rarity ;) at least it works with you guys!
  • Options
    The My Fave Murder live show I went to was finally posted today and I'm listening.  I cannot stop cheesing my ass off.  It was so fun.  ;)

http://www.feralaudio.com/show/my-favorite-murder/?show=all
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Heffalump said:

@Heffalump  yikes! I've heard it's nerves that can cause that - idk how true that is but hopefully you don't have too many issues and can heal well!! :(
    That bow tie though <3!

Yeah, chickenpox virus lurks in your body for decades, then wakes up one day and decides to attack your nerves.  It's awesome. :\

yuck! My H had shingles in his early 20s, triggered by stress at work. I've thought about getting the vaccine just to be safe but haven't done it yet.
  • Options

kvruns said:

Heffalump said:

@Heffalump  yikes! I've heard it's nerves that can cause that - idk how true that is but hopefully you don't have too many issues and can heal well!! :(
    That bow tie though <3!

Yeah, chickenpox virus lurks in your body for decades, then wakes up one day and decides to attack your nerves.  It's awesome. :\

yuck! My H had shingles in his early 20s, triggered by stress at work. I've thought about getting the vaccine just to be safe but haven't done it yet.

SO got shingles when he was 29. They wouldn't give him the vaccine because he was "too young." I think the vaccine is only approved for use on people aged 50+.  It's dumb. 

• Options

levioosa said:

kvruns said:

Heffalump said:

That bow tie though <3!

SO got shingles when he was 29. They wouldn't give him the vaccine because he was "too young." I think the vaccine is only approved for use on people aged 50+.  It's dumb. 

I think it is one of those where most people can GET the vaccine if they want it, but INSURANCE won't cover it until a person is above a certain age.

Congrats on the new job!  Walking distance to work sounds absolutely heavenly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker